For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now

+3
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
7 posters

Go down

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now Empty Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 am

As she had started sleeping right next to the cat flap and Jimmy was in last night so couldn't sneak past her, I put a cardboard box in the kitchen for her to try. She wasn't interested, tho' Jimmy and Bola were Rolling Eyes but both found it too small, and she ended up going out in the rain last night.

She came in today, had breakfast on the kitchen windowsill, then jumped down and went straight for the box Very Happy Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 579159 Nothing unusual in that, but when you consider how the mere sight of Jimmy gets steam coming out of her ears, it's somehow fitting the box once held a pressue cooker Laughing

Please excuse the dirty floor Embarassed it's all but impossible to keep it clean with up to six cats and their dirty paws tramping in and out all day.

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now Fudge_15

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now Empty Re: Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now

Post by littlekitty Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 am

Aaww bless her. She looks so snug in there.
She is still gorgeous though.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now Empty Re: Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks, I'm tempted to have a go at photoshopping it with steam coming out of her ears Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Ian B wrote:Hi Lynn,

Thanks, I'm tempted to have a go at photoshopping it with steam coming out of her ears Laughing

Ian

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 72767 Go on, do it! Fantastic Ian!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 pm

she is gorgeous, looks so gentle too, but we know better. Twisted Evil
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Awww she's gorgeous, and I love the idea of photoshopping to see her with steam coming out her ears!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:24 am

I'll give it a week before she's fed up of this box and moves elsewhere in the house. If there's such a thing as a Gipsy breed of cat, she's definitely related to them somewhere along the line Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 am

Aaah but it's a girl's perogative to keep changing her mind Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 43453 She really is gorgeous tho' Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 579159
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 am

It didn't take her long, she's fallen out with her box and refuses to go near it now confused Laughing

'EDIT' 10.45am

She's back, but it took a fresh boiled ham bribe to get her in, and she'll probably jump out once she's eaten it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:10 am

She's now back to sleeping regularly in her box Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 579159 I wish it was a bit bigger as she can easily see Jimmy over the sides but he never seems to spot her till it's too late Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:27 pm

Poor Jimmy must be a right neep though, hasn't it dawned on him yet that he should just stay away. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:52 pm

She's fallen out with the box again and is now sleeping on the matt near the cat flap Rolling Eyes Still, at least it's stopped strangers wandering in (so far anyway) when they see her there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm

She'll be back to her box tomorrow. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Teddy wrote:Poor Jimmy must be a right neep though, hasn't it dawned on him yet that he should just stay away. Laughing
He never fails to amaze me...................he's the first to complain when one of the others pounces on him wanting to play, yet he can't resist giving out a paw swipe when he's sat above them and they walk past Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Aye the lift doessn't go all the way up to the top. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 am

Fudge was out when I got up today, hardly surprising as she'd been sick (at least I think it was sick) in her two fav sleeping places, her box and on the matt near the flap. She couldn't get to her next best spot, the landing windowsill, as the curtains were shut. I don't know how long she's been outside but she'll be cold if not wet thro' and I'll bet she avoids the box when she comes in.

'EDIT'

Hmmmm, I can't find her anywhere, she's not in her usual places outside and didn't come when I called her. I suppose it's possible she's found somewhere else warm and dry to sleep, but it's a brand new place if she has.

'EDIT 2'

She's back, the entrance to my neighbours back door is covered and she'd been sheltering there Very Happy I think this is the closest she's been to her *real* home for many a long year.

'EDIT 3'

She's just thrown up again after taking a drink of water and bolted thro' the flap Shocked

She seemed fine but I'm a bit worried about this.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:22 pm

I got back from shopping just in time to see her throw up again, the third time I know of and there's probably been more. She's been sat under my cherry tree since about 8am, looking really sorry for herself, tho' still purring when I stroke her, but this is so un-Fudge like I'll be keeping a very close eye on her for the rest of the day.

I can't see it being something she's eaten as she's had nothing different from usual/the rest of them and she never strays far enough to have eaten anything nasty elsewhere.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Hmmm, how is she doing Ian. Throwing up like that does not sound good and could be any number of things. Has she lost weight at all? She does look perhaps a bit thinner in her more up to date piccies, but its difficult to tell with one as fluffy as your Fudge lol. Best not take any chances at her age either. I've got my fingers crossed she's just having an 'off day', but it doesn't sound right at all. They are such worries for us all aren't they, if only they could tell us whats wrong, Mads has been having more problems too (may have hyperthyroidism), maybe the master vet out there has pushed a big button that randomly causes animals to become ill, you know, help the vets out during 'the reccession' and all!
Get well soon Fudgey-girl, give her as gentle stroke from me.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:04 pm

She's better Helen, but still not right. She ate a bit of boiled ham and drank some cat milk earlier, both of which thankfully stayed down, but she's still lethargic and even tho' it's raining pretty hard, is reluctant to come in. I'll nip out shortly and get her, then put her on the landing windowsill, it's not the warmest spot in the house but it's dry and with the curtains closed she won't be pestered by the others.

'EDIT'

I've just found her, wet thro' sat on top of the microwave, and she looked kinda disappointed when I told her even the defrost setting would be harmful if she wanted me to dry her out Laughing On the bright side, she's tucking into a sachet of Gourmet Perle chicken atm, so it looks like she's feeling a lot better Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:59 am

I forgot to update this Embarassed She's now pretty much back to normal, tho' strangely ignoring Jimmy for the most part, but at least she's stopped being sick and is eating as before.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:32 pm

I somehow have missed this until now, but really glad to hear Miss Fudge seems to have brightened up. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 pm

She's outside atm, never mind the howling wind and rain, so she's feeling better. For the life of me I can't understand why she lets herself in/out thro' the flap while I'm upstairs, but will wait for me to open the door for her when I'm downstairs confused Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Here she is, happily wedged inbetween a shoe stand and a set of drawers in the hall. The green thing is a tool for edging the lawn that I haven't got round to putting away yet, tho' it gives a good idea of how small the space she's in actually is. The way she goes from place to place, I'm starting to think she was a Gypsies cat in a previous life Laughing

Fudges brand new bed, yes, another one now Fudges11

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:41 am

The new bed didn't last long, it must have been too cramped even for her Laughing she's asleep at the top of the stairs now.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Unbelievably, she's moved yet again.................into the living room this time, and even more of a Shocked she climbed onto my chest as I was lay on the sofa, the first time she's done anything like that in many a year and stayed there for a good hour.

Watching her explore the living room was Laughing it was as tho' she'd never been there before, true she's not been in for a while, but she set about investigating everything in the room before settling down in front of the fire, then onto my chest.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down