For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siamese kittens!

2 posters

Go down

Siamese kittens! Empty Siamese kittens!

Post by Gilly Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 am

I was reading through a magazine I won on Ebay last week (won a bundle of 18 for just £1.99 Siamese kittens! 579159 ) and found this advert from a lady who lives in Darlington Very Happy

FOR SALE:

Siamese Kittens, excellent pedigree. Deep eye-colour and points. Ready mid-March. Males 5gns. Females 3gns. Mrs Fox, 4 Burleigh Place, Darlington, Co. Durham.

Ooooh how tempting is this...I could have a little tom for £5.25 and a wee girlie for just £3.15! Or I could probably go COMPLETELY insane and buy the whole litter and still have change from my weekly wages Siamese kittens! 72767

The advert was in a copy of Cats and Kittens magazine and the date? March 1946 Siamese kittens! 43453 64 years ago!!!! The magazines are older than me Laughing I wonder who Mrs Fox was and did she show her cats? And such a shame there were no photos of the kittens - they would probably be like the old-style siamese Very Happy

Siamese kittens! 001-2
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Siamese kittens! Empty Re: Siamese kittens!

Post by *Prince* Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 pm

How wonderful Gilly! It would be so nice to know a bit more about Mrs Fox eh.
I have to admit, that when I read the "ad", I didnt know what gn's were! Embarassed
Love the cover. Are the whole batch from that time ago, or do they vary in age? What did you actually "ask for" on ebay to get them? Very Happy
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

A guinea is £1.05 (I think) and is mostly used in horse buying....a pound for the seller and 5p for the groom...or something like that Laughing

The magazines are dated from February 1946 to June 1947 and are full of articles about cats and their owners, stories about much-loved family pets etc - quite a good read Very Happy I just typed in 'cat magazines' and they were in amongst a long list of Your Cat & Cat World Siamese kittens! 579159

The mysterious Mrs Fox also has soe kittens advertised in the December 1946 issue....I'll have to have a look through more over the easter holiday when I have more time....and see what other prices various breeds were Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down