For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here.

4 posters

Go down

Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here. Empty Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here.

Post by Inga Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:07 am

As I am thinking about getting a cat at some point soon, I am looking into different options. Likely I will end up going to rescue as that is where my heart is but I really love the look and temperament of the Siamese and Snowshoe cats. I would love to see pictures of yours and hear more about living with them. Please share all you can here. Smile
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here. Empty Re: Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here.

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 am

Hi Inga,

I'm pretty sure there are no owners of either breed here, at least atm.

Good luck with your search Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here. Empty Re: Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here.

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:32 am

Nowadays Inga we're all moggy and rescue owners, there used to be siamese owners here but.......................
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I am hoping to get a siamese in the future and OH wants a devon rex, but for now I'll settle for my moggies.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Oh you've been lusting after Hayleys cats Laughing easy to do, they're gorgeous.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:35 pm

moggies? Not familiar with that term.

Although I want a Siamese or mix or Snowshoe, I will likely get one in rescue too. I see no need to purchase a purebred cat when there are millions being euthed in shelters all across the US and I would love them just as much. My Maddie was a shelter save and I never regretted her. To me, she was the best cat in the world. Smile
Inga
Inga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Inga wrote:moggies? Not familiar with that term.

Although I want a Siamese or mix or Snowshoe, I will likely get one in rescue too. I see no need to purchase a purebred cat when there are millions being euthed in shelters all across the US and I would love them just as much. My Maddie was a shelter save and I never regretted her. To me, she was the best cat in the world. Smile
Hi Inga,

A moggie is a informal UK term for a cat, this link explains it better than I could http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/crossbred.html

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:00 am

Ian B wrote:
Inga wrote:moggies? Not familiar with that term.

Hi Inga,

A moggie is a informal UK term for a cat, this link explains it better than I could http://www.moggies.co.uk/html/crossbred.html

Ian

Ah Thanks, that clears it up.

Well as some of you may have noticed, I didn't hold out for a Siamese or Snowshoe as I hoped but saved a shelter cat who's number was up instead. She is lovely, a bit shy but... I am hopeful that she will come around. She does play a little bit with the feather string. She has a bit of a cold. I took her to the vet and they said "let it run it's course" but I will take her again if it doesn't clear up in a week or so. She doesn't have any drainage or anything but it is a little sneeze here or there.
Inga
Inga

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm glad you were there to save her and I'm sure she'll give you lots of fun and love, just wasn't your time for the siamese or snowshoe Wink
Hopefully Eleanor has just a sniffle, but I would do the same as you, if it doesn't clear up or appears to get worse, take her back. Fingers crossed it does though. Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here. 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:01 am

Well, update on Eleanor, She is taking over the house. Isn't it a cats way? She now rules the dogs and it only took her about 3 weeks to do it. ha ha
Inga
Inga

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:50 am

Great to hear she's settled so well Inga Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Wonderful news Inga, funny how a cat can rule the roost so quickly, although credit to you and your dogs, they must be super laid back. Show off your Siamese and Snowshoe cats here. 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down