For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tail injury

+2
nicola
Ali
6 posters

Go down

Tail injury Empty Tail injury

Post by Ali Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:41 pm

I've accidently shut Isis' tail in the door,I was coming in to the living room and shut the door behind me with my foot to make sure Isla didn;t get out and start chasing her about, and didn't know Isis was there. She screamed coz I'd caught her tail and I've been to look at her tail now and it's bad, her fur's come off and I can see the bone. I'm so upset now, and she's cowering in the hallway. I can't afford to take her to the vet's coz we're both in bad debt and unemployed and I'm so worried as to what to do. Is there anything I can do to help heal the tail or will she lose part of her tail??? Crying or Very sad
The injury is halfway down her tail, towards the end of it.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tail injury Empty Re: Tail injury

Post by nicola Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Awww Ail I'm not sure what you can do yourself hun as it dose sound like it needs seeing by a vet especially if you say you can see the bone.

I'm not sure what the vets are like up with you but I know down here there are one or two that will let you pay for any treatment monthly, maybe you could phone around some vets and ask?

Other than that phone the PDSA as if you are on benefits they can help you out and send you to one of their vets to get isis seen to.

Keep an eye on her and make sure she don't go into shock, big hugs and let us know how you get on xxx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Thanks Nic. She seems very bright and her normal self, but I am gonna keep a close eye on her this evening and tonight and if there is any development I'm going to phone the PDSA. She can move the whole tail, so I don;t think it is broken. I think we ought to keep her inside too for a while til her tail heals, as I don't want her to get it infected.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm so glad she seems her normal self bless her, I think you are right in keeping her in, best to be on the safe side.

I hope she's ok xxx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks again Nic. Will see how she is tomoz and keep you updated.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:10 am

Hi Ali,

I don't want to be alarmist here, but this is how Max lost half of his tail.

When he lived next door they had workmen in, and while they don't know exactly what happened, he suddenly disappeared for days and when he reappeared his tail had clearly been trapped, they suspect accidentally by the workmen. The poor fella was in agony and the vet had no option but to amputate.

There's a cat round here who has obviously had a broken tail which was left untreated, the end just flops about and while it doesn't seem to bother him, it must have been painful.

Personally, I'd call the PDSA now, just to see how you'd stand with them regarding a vet visit. Hopefully it won't be needed but it's better to know if you can go ahead rather than have the worry if her tail doesn't heal as well/quickly as you'd like. Keeping her in makes sense, it's not as tho' she's had a lifetime of freedom outside, she'll be more used to being inside.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:56 am

Oh Ali, Im sorry to hear that. Poor little Isis. Im afraid I personally would not leave it. I think she needs to be seen by the vet. Like, Ian said, have a word with the vet and see what they can do with regards to the financial side of things. I just dont think you can take the chance of not having her checked out.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm

So sorry to hear about poor Isis. It does put you in a bit of a pickle, which I hope you manage to get sorted. PDSA or a word with the vet about keeping costs to a minimum and payment arrangements should be a way forward. Please let us know how you and Isis get on. Our sincere wishes are with Isis for a good and quick recovery.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Hi guys, thanks for your kind and wise words! I went to see my parents after my job interview today, as they live close to where I had my interview, and I told mum what had happened with Isis. She phoned her vet and I spoke to the nurse there who advised me that I should bring Isis in. So I went with my mum (who is very kindly paying my vets' bill) and the good news is that Isis' tail is not broken, but there's a long deep wound there. She has to go back tomorrow morning to have it stitched up and will be given a course of antibiotics. She had an antibiotic injection today that will keep her going til tomorrow. She's staying at my parent's tonight as the vet wants her back at 8.30am and it is closer to my mum than to where I live. So mum will drop her off, and pick her up, then I will go and pick her up tomorrow afternoon after ANOTHER job interview! Really, with all this unluckiness, I hope things are going to start picking up soon. Sorry, I sound a right whingebag!
I'm really missing her tho now, it's a bit strange for all of us, Isis included. Crying or Very sad
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Ali,

Great to hear it's nothing more serious, and a big Tail injury 579159 to your mum for taking care of the vet bill. A big relief all round for you.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:10 pm

At least it sounds on track for a happy ending. You certainly don't sound like a whingebag - you have a lot going on there to deal with and of course it is strange when a member of your family who is always there is away for a while, no matter how short. With all these job interviews - one is bound to be the good one too. I have a good feeling that things are going to turn around for you soon. And good old mum for stepping in in a crisis. Big cuddles to Isis when she gets home on my behalf.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Thanks guys, yes, it's a great help that mum is footing the bill, and of course I will pay her back once I have a job and regular income.
Joanne, I hope I get a job soon! I've been out of work over 2 months and it's really hard!! I've got one tomorrow, which I'm feeling very confident about and I also want it so fingers are crossed all round.
Will let you know how Isis is when I've got her home and settled. Smile
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:32 am

Hmm, how weird. I posted a reply to this last night Ali, but its disappeared. Shocked So glad to hear you have had your gorgeous girl checked out, and that the tail is not broken. Tail injury 579159 to your lovely mum for helping out, she is a star.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi all, Isis is back with us safe and sound, altho a bit wobbly from the GA. She's had her tail stitched, no dressing on the wound and is on a course of antibiotics for a few days. She had a painkilling injection at the vets' and I have to take her back Thurs to have another painkilling injection and a check-up on her tail. On the whole, she is fine and I'm keeping her in our bedroom out of the way of Isla so she can recover in peace! I've been told to let her eat from tomorrow morning, so she has a fresh bowl of water in the room with her. So I think after a good sleep tonight, she should be back to her normal self by the morning!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 pm

That is good news. Beautiful Isis will soon be back to her normal self. I am pleased, and I know you are too.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Great news Ali, she'll be back to normal in no time Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Fantastic news Ali big higs to Isis xx
How did the job interview go??

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 am

Glad Isis is doing fine Ali and hopefully your luck will turn and you'll get a job very soon. Tail injury 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks all, Nic the interview went well thanks. I'm a bit peed off tho coz they said they would let me know by either the end of yesterday or today and I've not heard a single thing from them!
Isis' tail is fine and she is now back to her normal self!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 pm

How are things with Isis? Has she completely got back to her usual self? It must have been a worrying tme for you, but looks to be on the right track now.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Hi Joanne, Isis is fine thanks. Her tail is recovering well and she is her normal self. She's desperate to get outside, but I don;t want her to go out in case she got an infection in the wound. I still haven't got a job tho.....
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Pleased that Isis is getting there, and she will be allowed out again soon enough - that's what I tell Malo when he is confined. Sorry you haven't got a job yet - I am routing for you. It will happen, and we can hope that when it does come it will be a good un, and one worth waiting for. Although I am a support worker for drug users, more specifically I help them to find work and I do know how draining it can be, how soul destroying when you get knock back after knock back and how rude potential employers can be with just not letting people know. In the long run though, even for my difficult to place clients, there is always a good ending. Keep hanging on in there.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Thanks Joanne, your positive words help! I'm beginning to wonder that perhaps I'm asking too much for a part-time (30 hours max) job. But I was on a pretty good wage in my last job on 27.5 hours a week, and that was in Manchester, so I wonder why Oxfordshire can't offer me the same...... Tail injury 265331 I'm so fed up of having my time wasted by useless recruitment agencies who promise to get me in work asap, say that there's lots of secretarial work about when there isn't or companies who don't bother to reply to my emails asking for work etc. I don;t want to be out of work, it's been almost 3 months, far too long and I have debts and bills to pay off, like other people. It seems so unfair right now and making me depressed Crying or Very sad I'm sorry to go on. If only something came up soon.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content