For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bert

3 posters

Go down

Bert Empty Bert

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:44 am

For the forgetful or those that don't know, Bert is a cat I fostered while working for CP and eventually he went to stay with my friend. Bert when found was in an awful state and when he came to me he was covered in his own **** as he was so terrified, we reckon he was an outside cat maybe even feral, but his nervousness came out in extreme fearfulness, he went into hiding, usually in the wardrobe, well with patience and kindness, he's turned round, still very wary of strangers but such a different cat. He comes with problems though. Every morning he howls, sounds funny but poor Linda is driven to distraction, this goes on for 3 hours at a time and it's always when she sits down for breakfast, no peace as he howls around her neck.
Now this is the bit I want to tell you about, he paws at the glass windows, you know all cats do it, bat their paws at a hundred miles an hour against the glass but with Bert he's actually cut into the glass so much you can catch your nails on the scratches, they are sooo deep. I've never come across this before, normally that would happen against fabric or wood, but glass? I think he must have diamond tips on his nails. Shocked It's so bad she reckons she'll have to rrplace the galss when she sells her house.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bert Empty Re: Bert

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:48 am

Shocked If he can scratch glass I wouldn't risk my hands playfighting with him Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:01 am

He doesn't play fight Laughing well not with an arm, he does play with furry toy mice but not for long. he wanders about outside, head down, belly close to the ground and veeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly, it's quite funny to watch but he's obviously not comfortable out in the open, peculiar cat. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Strange behaviour, you'd think he'd be used to being outside confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 pm

You would think so but he's so complex, he didn't know how to go down a flight of stairs, even now he walks down so gongerly but he's cute, still looks as though he's been startled Shocked
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 am

Awwww, Bert. Bless him and his funny ways. God only knows how he manages to gouge out glass! Shocked It's just so nice to hear that he is being loved and cared for, even though he drives her to distraction with his yowling!
Laughing
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:18 am

It takes a lot to cut the glass thet way he has, he either has very sharp nails or ultra powerful paws. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down