For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken just a few mins ago: Mr Pink!

5 posters

Go down

Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Empty Taken just a few mins ago: Mr Pink!

Post by pokbg Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Just had these sent to me via e-mail... Mr Pink and another homeless cat my mother feeds (but whereas Mr Pink will come for cuddles, the little black one is terrified):

Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Th_IMG_0001 Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Th_IMG_0002 Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Th_IMG_0003

Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Th_IMG_0004 Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Th_IMG_0005
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Empty Re: Taken just a few mins ago: Mr Pink!

Post by maddymoo Tue May 20, 2008 12:19 am

Awwwww! Kissing noses! So sweet! They are both so cute! Is it just me, or is Mr Pink filling out? Awww, I'm so glad they have your mum looking out for them. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Taken just a few mins ago:  Mr Pink! Empty Re: Taken just a few mins ago: Mr Pink!

Post by Teddy Tue May 20, 2008 9:44 am

Oh they ar eboth so lovely, am so glad your mum feeds them, I hate the thought of any animal being a stray and going hungry and cold. Mr Pink is a handsome chap. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 20, 2008 11:06 am

The black cat is coming more often and often. Mr Pink comes several times a day to get fed. Sadly the black one is so terrified he won't come if there's people about though...

My mum and dad has an outside "house", nearly like a porch, but completely covered except for the door, which has chairs, several tables (and a billion flowers and ornaments! lol!)... and lots of blankies scattered about. She's tried several times for Mr Pink to lay down there, and I did the same while there too (he'll come for cuddles, and he's more then willing to be picked up... but he refuses to be enclosed... probably why he was so destructive when my parents neighbour took him in). And there's also a cat house (insulated, and covered in carpet) outside, but again he's got no interest in it. My mother is very reluctant of trying to make him become adjusted to the inside now, as she's going away in a months time, but come winter, if the little felow is still there he'll have have the oppertunity to go inside then (whether he wants to is another matter).

Hopefully the little black one will become more tame too... not only so he'll feel safer when coming to eat, but it will also give my mom the oppertunity to check him over, and see if he needs any treatment or anything. Mr Pink is being de-wormed this week (as he's so tame it's easy to add it to the food he eats). However she cannot do it to the black one, as Mr Pink (or some of the neighbouring cats) could eat that food too.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue May 20, 2008 11:31 am

Goodness it's a fulltime job for your mum LOL Mr Pink sounds as though he is more than happy to stay outside, hopefully in the wontertime, he will use the shelter outside, maybe when he realises that there is an escape route he'll feel more comfortable using it. Keepimg my fingers crossed that the black one will at least not runaway whenever your mum approaches, but it could be that he'll never feel happy being so close to people, but he's being fed that's more than half the battle.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 am

It's really frustrating that there's so many strays there though... now I see it from an outsiders point of view, and the whoel thing really is uneccessary... it's all due to farm cats being allowed to breed, with people not taking the measurements to prevent the breeding going on (normally just give the female the pill once a week)...

As a kid we always took in stray, and to me it was just normal... now I can see that this is clearly not normal... in an area where under 1000 people live there shouldn't be this many strays... especially since there's no wildcats around.

Where my grandmother used to live (Double-Grand) when I was a kid they had proper wild cats that lived in the forest nearby. Her and my grandfather used to feed them in wintertime (just like people would also put hay out for deers in winter)... gorgeous longhaired ones, but they would never come close to people. And these I do not mind being allowed to breed uncontrollably... it's they're way of life... just like a deer or a hares life shouldn't be interveen with, neither should they...

But domesticated cats that are allowed to breed, for them to multiply wildly, resulting in lots of homeless little ones... it's so sad.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue May 20, 2008 11:43 am

It's an ongoing problem in so many countries. Here, CP and other organisations spend so much time/money trying to trap and neuter cats, but it's never ending. farm cats are bad enough, farmers won't spend money on a farm cat, and even worse is so called animal lovers letting their cats breed just for the sake of it. Oh it gets my back up.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Aww, He's lovely isn't he Smile
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Sat May 24, 2008 1:04 am

What a lovely pair they are, so lucky to have your mum taking such good care of them. It's lovely that Mr Pink is so tame, but sad the black one is nervous, hopefully he'll come to trust your mum at some point.

Mr Pink could be Monty in some of those pictures - similar coat colour! Oh and the stripey tail Wink

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat May 24, 2008 1:05 am

lol! Even though Mr Pink is handsome... he's no-where near the gorgeousness of your Monty! Bless.

Great to see you again, hope life's been good to you!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down