For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink...

+4
Daisy Boo
Ian B
*Prince*
pokbg
8 posters

Go down

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... Empty Little Grey cat and Mr Pink...

Post by pokbg Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:41 pm

Well... it's the saga of Mr Pink again... and the one of the little grey cat if people remember, the one my dad fell in love with?

My mom and dad got back Sunday night... and while they'd been gone one of the neighbours had been feeding Mr Pink. The neighbour never spotted Mr Pink, but the food used to be gone every morning. My mom and dad hasn't seen Mr Pink since they got back though... instead the little black stray (think I've mentioned him/her before) has been coming to eat every night (the little black one is still terrified, and will never come near anyone).

So... it looks like Mr Pink have wandered off again for now. He came last year, and then dissappeared for a whole year... so I'm hoping he'll be back before winter now (as my mom has said, if he's still there come winter, he's welcome to come and live with them).

And then over to the little grey one with the crocked tail... the one how used to come every month... but last time he sowed up was Christmas...

Tuesday night he was back! My mom send a text message to his owners... and got no reply. Wednesday she sent another one... and got a text back saying "we're on holiday". What? Yes... fine that people go on holiday... but who was supposed to be taking care of the kitty? Why wouldn't the ones who was supposed to take care of the kitty coming to pick him up? Why hadn't the owners contacted my mom and dad, as I assume that if someone was taking care of the cat, they would have notified the owners on holiday that the cat was missing? Which leads me to belive they just left the cat to fend for itself when they went away... grrrrrr!

So for now the little grey one is living with my mom and dad... I've told my mom just to keep him! We'll see what happens when the "owners" come back from holiday...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... Empty Re: Little Grey cat and Mr Pink...

Post by *Prince* Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:57 pm

To Pokbg's mum and dad - "Keep him, keep him" ! Hmm, it does sound suspiciously like they've left kitty "home alone"! Thank god for your lovely caring parents!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:12 am

*sobs* They didn't keep him... my mom called again yesterday and asked what was happening... so they came and picked him up... *sobs some more* But after the palava this time, with the owners seeming reluctant to come and pick him up, my mom has said that chaces are he'll stay next time he comes... if they don't seem interested in picking him up anymore (they used to be... but now there's a new baby in the family, then really there's no point in calling. And my dad will be very happy...lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:49 am

Hi pokbg,

Next time it happens, the onus has got to be with his owners to ring to see if he's there. If they don't, jobs done imo, he's got a new home with your parents.

This situation is similar to how I got Bola, tho' it wasn't as drawn out in his case, but it's got to be better a cat gets a regular home, however it comes about.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Ian B wrote:Next time it happens, the onus has got to be with his owners to ring to see if he's there. If they don't, jobs done imo, he's got a new home with your parents.
This is what I don't get (apart from this time and they being on holiday)... all the times the cat kept going missing, it kept going to my parents house (by then having been gone for a few days before reaching their house)... and the owners knew that. I'd be one the phone at once if Pok or BG didn't come home one day, if I knew where they'd used to go and had their number. That way people could keep an eye out, so I could be right there to pick them up!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Boo Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm

well done your parents for taking care of him,i agree though next time he comes leave it to them to get in touch seems to me there hoping he ll leave and only pick him up out of duty. i love the fact when hes alone he remembers where he can get food and company even after they havent seen him for a while, he turns up at your mums. i think he knows where he wants to live Wink

Daisy Boo
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 68
Cat(s): : Yes! lol!
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceri Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:57 pm

It's lucky your mum and dad are such caring people to look out for for that poor cat, fancy those people leaving it to fend for itself while they go away on holiday! No

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Yep i agree with everyone else, every time this cat has turned up at your mum and dads they have had to ring the cat's owners where it should have been the other way round, so the next time he turns up at you parens house then you mum and dad are doing the right thing in keeping him as it's obvious that is where he wants to be.

Lets hope Mr pink comes back for the winter!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Awwwwww. I starting dancing when I read little grey would be staying at your folks, then had to stop. Oh I wholeheartedly agree, little grey wants to live with your folks, next time he appears, they should just wait and see if his owners do actually call and if not.... its def time to celebrate! Little grey cat and your dad shall be reunited! Yeay!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... Empty New update on Mr Pink

Post by pokbg Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:24 am

Just gotten off the phone with my parents... so here's another update...

First about the little grey one: My mother warned his owner that if the cat ever came down again, she would NOT call them... so it was now up to them if they sought out the cat again, as my family would just take it in.

Then about the little black one: The little black one still comes every night for food... but is sadly just as scared.

Then... Mr Pink! At this very moment Mr Pink is laying next to my mom and dads telly... these piccies just taken minutes ago. He came back yesterday, and he looked so bad my mother took him in at once. He's getting dewormed again, and she's also treating a big wound on his neck (can't see it on the pictures). He's a thin as "a knitting needle" (my mothers words)... but in good spirits.

Yesterday he only came in and ate, but today he's been in nearly all day, having a snooze in the living room, and walking about now and then. He's eaten lots, and right before my dad took the pictures he was chasing a fly in the living room...

Bless him... he really looks worse for wear... a bit of his ear is missing, he's very thin, making him look almost kittenish...

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... IMG_0009

Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... IMG_0010
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:09 am

Aaaawww, poor Mr Pink, it certainly sounds like he's living wild. He's a boony wee thing, and although he's *as thin as a knitting needle*, he does look well, does that make sense. Am sure with your mum and dad looking after him, he'll blossom. Look at his expression, so peaceful.

The wee black one, will probably always be scared but at least he's getting fed.

As for the gray one, your mum has done the right thing, and if they are wanting their cat back, they have to make the effort. Which I hope they don't as then your mum and dad can look after him. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:01 pm

Mr Pink! He is lovely! Poor fella. Oh I hope he stays and has chosen your folks' place as his forever home! That would be a fairytale come true. *crosses fingers*...... *also crosses fingers for little grey to 'come home' to your folks and that little black cat continues to visit and gains confidence*

Your parents are such wonderful people. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:21 pm

How gorgeous is Mr Pink - even though he has been through goodness knows what! He is a darlin' as are your parents! YAY for Pokbgs parents!
Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... 9650 Little Grey cat and Mr Pink... 579159
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Any news on how Mr Pink is doing? Has little grey arrived again?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 am

Teddy wrote:

The wee black one, will probably always be scared but at least he's getting fed.

I'm not so sure about that Kath, there's been a few *strays* round here (not the ones I mention on here) that I've fed over the years who were initially scared, but given time, they came round, some even to the point of getting brave enough to come into the house. They'd never be a lap cat, let alone a house cat, but they do learn to trust you..................and regular food helps of course Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:38 pm

Little grey one not back yet... Mr Pink wnet walkabouts for a few days again, but is now back again... This is why my mother never really feels that he belongs... he has that "air" about him that he doesn't want to settle...

He's a real proper cuddle cat... and will have giant cuddles... but then he'll leave, not wanting to lay down either inside nor on any of the allocated "cat places" outside (huts, chairs and boxes with blankies).

As my mother has said, he's welcome to come and live with them... he gets fed, groomed, wounds cleaned, cuddles if he wants them, etc... but she doesn't feel like it's "her" cat. The little grey one on the other hand felt like "their" cat as soon as he showed up the first time!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:06 am

I guess he's a drifter. When he wants to settle, I bet it'll be with your mum and dad. Bless them. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:24 pm

And Mr Pink has gone for walkabouts again....
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Safe travels Mr Pink. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Aww bless. he's just like "The Littlest Hobo".

Bet he's helping out needy people on his travels, just like him. Very Happy
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:23 pm

I do hope he comes back before winter... I'm not too worried now... plenty of sunshine and little mice for him to catch out and about... but he'll need a warm place and food come winter. The strange thing is that he's such a cuddle cat though...

We once had a cat that was similar to Mr Pink, as in "he didn't belong" kind of feeling. He was just a tiny little kitten when we found him, but he never "connected" with us... but he wasn't a cuddle cat. He was always "semi-wild" even though he'd sleep in the house with us, and happily let us remove ticks from him, but he never wanted cuddles. He stayed on/off for about 2 years I think it was... always out travelling, and his travels became longer and longer... until he just never came back. Any other kitty and we would have put up posters and advertised in the paper (we had to with one... she came back after 3 weeks)... but he was never "ours". Still to this day I belive he's alive, even though it closing in on 15 years since he disappeared for the last time. I have reoccuring dreams of the kitties that's passed... and he's never in them. Maybe one day he will be... or maybe he was never "mine enough" to be in those dreams...
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down