For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey vs Pablo

2 posters

Go down

Stripey vs Pablo Empty Stripey vs Pablo

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 am

I guess they've come face to face outside at some point, but they did in my kitchen at 11.30 last night and it didn't go well.

I'd opened the back door looking for Fudge after her being out all day (as it turned out she'd somehow sneaked past me and was behind the livingroom curtains) when Stripey appeared wanting supper. I left the door slightly ajar while putting food down for him, expecting to go back out to call Fudge again, when I noticed it being pushed open and it was Pablo.

To say they weren't best pleased at seeing each other doesn't even begin to cover it Shocked I tried to calm Pablo down by putting food down for him on the doorstep, but he just wanted to come in, so I moved Stripeys food into the hall and pulled the kitchen door to so at least they couldn't see each other. That did no good as he ignored the food and came back into the kitchen to see what Pablo was making all the noise for, if it was fight he wanted Stripey was up for it.

Eventually they both went back outside, with a bit of prompting from me tbh and Stripey made for the gap in my fence and just sat there waiting for Pablo to try and get past him. I tried to guide Pablo to my front gate so he could just nip down the path to Donnas, but he rewarded me with a couple of half hearted paw swipes Shocked then ran back to my back garden. Luckily Stripey had moved away from the gap so Pablo was able to get thro', but he didn't get far before they met again.

I'm hoping it all the noise was just bluster and not a actual fight, tho' if it was it was short and sweet, but I didn't see either cat again so don't know for sure. Given the difference in size, Stripey is very slim like Jimmy while Pablo is heavily built like Buddy except he's twice the size, I would have expected Stripey to steer clear, especially as he backs down from all my lot if they even so much as go near him, but there must be more to him than meets the eye Laughing

'EDIT 7.20am'

Stripey has just appeared for brekkie and he's in one piece, I just hope Pablo is the same as he was probably out all night.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey vs Pablo Empty Re: Stripey vs Pablo

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:03 am

You should approach Hollywood, a darn good film could be made using all your cats, we've had Cats & Dogs or now we could have Cats & Cats.
Maybe Stripey thinks pablo is all talk, to much noise noty enough action.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:13 am

A film? Nobody would believe it Kath Laughing

Pablo may well be all mouth, but he's big enough to get away with it. All the same, it was bizarre seeing stripey stand up to him while he backs down to Fudge and he towers over her confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Pablo turned up at 4.15pm, none the worse for his set to with Stripey, and greeted me like he'd not seen me for a month, ie the usual yowling, hissing, spitting and purring as he wound round my legs asking for something to eat confused

He let Max and Bola know they weren't wanted in the kitchen while he ate, but it was nothing too serious, tho' I had to let both out of the front door as he refused to let them use the flap Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm

can you imagine the chaos in your house had you decided to keep him, I think that was a wise decision you made. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Yeah, I would have been driven up the wall inside a week Laughing

I suppose there's always the chance he might have settled down, but that is highly doubtful.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Your instincts obviously kicked in, wonder how Donna copes with him, oh we know the answer to that, she opens her door and sends him out. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Yeah, she probably sends him out to get a bit of peace and quiet at home. If he behaves there like he does here it's a miracle her neighbours haven't complained Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content