For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squashed kitty

3 posters

Go down

Squashed kitty Empty Squashed kitty

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Bonnie has taken to burying herself underneath the cushions that are strewn on armchairs/sofa etc. Maybe she is feeling the cold, although the heating is on and it isn't any colder than previous years when she didn't take to hiding under cushions. Despite her chunky mass, she is quite able to completely disappear behind the said cushions and I go to sit down, not knowing she is there, and promptly end up squashing her. Not once, or twice, but several times over the past couple of days. Squashed kitty 172268 You would have thought that either Bonnie would learn not to hide, or that I would learn to look before I sit. Even when I do squash her, she doesn't complain or yell out, she just wriggles her way out from benieath me and gives me a really dirty look.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Squashed kitty Empty Re: Squashed kitty

Post by *Prince* Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Jojolabanane wrote: Despite her chunky mass,
Joanne
Squashed kitty 43453 I love the words you use.
What a couple of numpties; for not learning (a) not to be the Squashee, or (b) the Squasher! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:13 pm

I get the message through the look on her face when she emerges from beneath me. Bonnie is definitely a 'chunky mass' which brings me to ask how the other chunky monkey is getting on. Is Prince still hiding away when there are people about, or is he getting used to the idea of his new surroundings and routines?

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 pm

No squashed cats here as they each have their own chair, tho' Jimmy has recently started to sleep in my place on the sofa, the only vacant place in the living room.

There's been a few squashed paws tho'. mainly due to my habit of walking about without switching lights on and their habit of getting under my feet Rolling Eyes I stood on Buddy's paw first thing this morning, turned round to find he hadn't moved far and did it again.............he wasn't impressed Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:38 am

That is another of Bonnie's tricks, ever since the very first day she arrived. Bonnie loves to be as close to us as possible at all times and so invariably gets under our feet and gets trodden on, or trips us up (that's her revenge).

Think it must be a heat thing because last night Bonnie was not on any of the sofas, comfy things, either on top of or beneath cushions - she was curled up as close to the radiator as she could get.

I am not finding any colder, or hotter, than usual so wonder why my little Bonnie appears to be feeling it. When I say 'little', that is a habit from when we first got her and she was little.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content