For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally got a new kitty

4 posters

Go down

I finally got a new kitty Empty I finally got a new kitty

Post by Inga Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 am

I went to the humane society this past weekend to look at Cats for my mother. There had been articles in the local paper about all the local rescues, shelters and foster homes bursting at the seems with Kittens and how so many were being put to sleep for lack of space. My mother lost her beloved cat a while ago and is sad and lonely so... off we went. There were hoards of people looking at kittens. Each cage had several kittens in it but there was one cage with a 5 year old female cat. I watched for quite some time as one after another after another read the tag on her door. Many of them comment on "Why would anyone want an OLD cat?" Since when is 5 years old, OLD? I sort of felt sorry for her so I ventured to the front desk to find out a little more about this cat. I was saddened to find that her paper work was no longer in the "active files" which meant, she was slotted for euthanasia. I had been a volunteer at this shelter in the past and was unfortunately aware of the sad truth in sheltering. So.... Guess who came home with a 5ish year old cat?

Anyway, introducing my new girl. She is pretty cute and though she was not what I pictured for MY next cat, she is the next cat. ha ha
I finally got a new kitty Marge019-1

First "family photo" She was very nervous at first but now 3 days later, she is warming up. My boy Oliver misses his old kitty so much and really really wants to love and be loved by this new cat. I am impressed with his gentle efforts to win her over. They are working and I HOPE that she will be as comfy with him as my old kitty was. Oliver and Madeline (my old cat) were in love with each other.
I finally got a new kitty Marge014-1

I am still not sure of a name but I am leaning toward Eleanor. Any other suggestions will be considered. I sort of think she has the "Old lady" look. ha ha
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

I finally got a new kitty Empty Re: I finally got a new kitty

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:29 am

Congrats on getting Eleanor, it looks like she's settling in nicely Very Happy I finally got a new kitty 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:38 am

Oh thank goodness there are peole like you Inga, so many older cats are past over for younger ones. But 5 certainly isn't old, Sophie is coming up for 5 and she's still so much a kitten at times.
Eleanor is gorgeous and I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
Did your mum get a cat too?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh thank goodness there are peole like you Inga, so many older cats are past over for younger ones. But 5 certainly isn't old, Sophie is coming up for 5 and she's still so much a kitten at times.
Eleanor is gorgeous and I'm sure everything will work out just fine.
Did your mum get a cat too?

Not yet but I am hoping she will. She NEEDS a cat in her life. I think she feels she is hurting Cooper (her cat that had to be put to sleep) by getting another cat to love. It would be good for her to do though and I hope she does soon.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 am

Eleanor is gorgeous, I would be calling her Ellie, 5 isn't old for a cat. She must be so greatful for you giving her a home. In our local shelter's there are cats over the age of ten and some have been there for a year.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content