For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max and carpet scratching

2 posters

Go down

Max and carpet scratching Empty Max and carpet scratching

Post by Ian B Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:52 pm

He took a liking to the stair carpet at first, especially the bottom stair, but months of my leaving orange peel there finally stopped him, only for him to move onto the hall carpet near the living room door Rolling Eyes

I had a wall mounted scratching post that none of my lot ever used so I dug it out and placed it just outside of the living room and success, he stopped scratching there, only to move 2 feet to the carpet outside the dining room door Rolling Eyes

I put a old mat down there and that worked..........only for him to go back to scratching the bottom stair again Rolling Eyes

There's now orange peel on that stair again, what with that and all the other *rubbish* on the floor my house looks like a bombs gone off Rolling Eyes

There are 2 scratching posts on the cat tree in the living room, along with the one on the floor, but he's never given them a second glance even after seeing both Buddy and Jimmy use them without being told off Max and carpet scratching 975384

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Max and carpet scratching Empty Re: Max and carpet scratching

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:15 am

Declawing is wrong, end of story, but I dreamt last night that Max had been and I was having a full nights sleep as a result, but that dream was disturbed by him laying into the landing carpet at 3am Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:58 am

I 've just seen Max going into the dining room, in the doorway is a old coir mat that he refuses to even put a paw on, he jumps over it..................hmmm, I wonder if it'd be possible to carpet the hall, stairs and landing in coir? Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 am

What a little sh*t! Laughing the coir carpeting sounds a good idea (although I have no idea what coir is Embarassed )
Prince, who has never been a "carpet scratcher" has now acquired this new form of naughtiness!! This is clearly because, there are rooms in mum and dads where he is not allowed, so these doors are closed, and as he was used to living in a cottage where downstairs was open plan (no internal doors, as would have made rooms even smaller!) and upstairs he was allowed in all rooms, so the little sod has taken umbrage to this, much to my mums disdain - so oh boy, does he get chased off when he does it! Max and carpet scratching 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:36 am

Coir is the posh name for coconut matting and it'd be worth doing just to stop Max scratching.

Debbie from next door has never said as much, but I'm pretty sure this carpet scratching is the main reason she wasn't overly bothered when he adopted me as he's now doing it here and not her house Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content