For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New kitten in neighbourhood.

2 posters

Go down

New kitten in neighbourhood. Empty New kitten in neighbourhood.

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Last night the automatic light came on out the front, which usually indicated that Malo has decided he wants to come in that way instead of through the conservatory. I opened the door and could see no-one/nothing but could hear the sweetest little miaow coming from under the car. I knew it wasn't Malo because it was the squeekiest and most persistent series of miaows. I made pursed lips chirping come out and see me sounds and a little head appeared from under the car. A beautiful grey tabby kitten - definitely a male. Fairly timid but did approach slowly up to about a meter away and then turned and ran under the car again. I went to get the torch and by my return there was no sign of the little fella. Not seen him before and not sure who he could belong to because I know all the cats 'belonging' to my immediate neighbours out the front. I would not be surprised to see newbies out the back because a lot of gardens give on to one another and a cat can be from a variety of sources - but out the front the possibilities are few and far between. Hope the little fella doesn't come from across the road - the road being a very busy A road.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

New kitten in neighbourhood. Empty Re: New kitten in neighbourhood.

Post by Ian B Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 am

I hate seeing kittens out like that Joanne, and I see plenty of them round here and altho' the road isn't the busiest it's busy enough, but I've yet to hear of a cat being hit by a car. It must have happened of course, perhaps to Ginger Tom, Bolas mum and all the other waifs'n'strays who used to call here then suddenly vanished.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:39 am

Think said kitten was about again last night as the light kept on coming on, but I didn't actually see it. I certainly did not want to persist because any sudden run off may well involve crossing the road. It didn't appear to have a collar so I think I will have to enquire around to see if someone has a new kitten or whether this one is lost, as I really can't think where it is coming from, unless it is across the road.

Roads are such dangers for kitties and I am glad that we are able to confine Bonnie to our back garden. Malo is fairly street wise (was discovered near a very busy junction and had survived without incident for some time). Joseph was a terror for crossing the road - up until he had a coming together with a car, which thankfully only slightly injured him, but injured his pride enough for him to stay well away from roads from then on.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down