For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stranger and stranger still

Go down

Stranger and stranger still Empty Stranger and stranger still

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:44 am

Bonnie has been acting quite strangely recently. First there was the non-stop purring episode - and it really was non-stop. She does purr an awful lot, but not for so long without a pause. Then there was her excitability yesterday, which is out of character as she is usually a sleepyhead. I put it down to xmas, as she was particularly taken with the wrapping of pressies, and sniffing out the ones that contain catnip (which have had to be placed in a drawer and not under the tree just yet).

Today was the strangest thing of all. At 6.10 precisely she yowled the place down. This was not her usual persistent miaowing 'give me something to eat, want something to eat, need something to eat'. Not was it the loud yelp we get when she gets stepped on (quite a common occurence due to her leg winding that gets tighter and tighter until she is under the foot). No, this was quite out of the blue. In the kitchen, Bonnie just stopped what she was doing (leg winding), stared ahead at nothing at all and opened her mouth and let out the most almighty wail. It was a decibel blasting, very throaty, 'end of the world' wail - something unlike anything I had ever heard before. In fact it almost seemed as though it couldn't be a little thing like that that made that noise. It woke my husband, despite the bedroom door being closed at that time of day to allow him a bit longer sleep and I wouldn't be surprised if it had woken the neighbours even. It lasted a long time too, but once she had closed her mouth, Bonnie then proceeded in pacing the joint, looking in every corner and refused to purr, even when picked up and cuddled and stroked. I finally managed to get a purr out of her at 6.30, but even then it was begrudging.

Never have I heard anything like it, and even now it seems to be resonating through my brain. Evil or Very Mad

Joanne

Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down