For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bola vs *another* stranger just now

4 posters

Go down

Bola vs *another* stranger just now Empty Bola vs *another* stranger just now

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 am

Sat here nice and quietly on my pc when I heard the most god awful screeching Shocked I knew it was indoors, so dashed down expecting to find GT and the spraying black tom had come face to face again in the kitchen, but no, it was Bola.

I was staggered at the amount of noise he was making as he only has a kitteni-sh miaow normally, but there he was, stood tall with hackles raised howling for his life at *something* thro' the flap. At first glance, that something looked like a dog to me, so off I went to chase it away, it wasn't a dog, it ws the scruffiest, mangiest long haired cat I've ever seen, said hair made it look far bigger than it actually was.

Surprisingly, it didn't run when I approached, and judging by the bald patch on her side had recently been speyed, but god, what a bloody mess it was in, matts everywhere, even hanging off her chin Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

I felt that sorry for her I was going to nip back and get some food when Bola appeared, no doubt feeling braver because I was there, making as much noise again, and this time the stranger ran. I'll probably not know for sure, but because she didn't run from me I'd guess she was really friendly.

Unless she had been in a serious fight, or had a skin condition of some kind to explain the missing fur, and if she had been recently speyed, why do it's owners not look after her better? Twisted Evil

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bola vs *another* stranger just now Empty Re: Bola vs *another* stranger just now

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:18 am

I was going to say that Ian, if she is a pet and been spayed I would have thought the vets would have shaved her. The fur sounds as though it's been that way for months, which could suggest she's more a stray than a pet. Poor toot though, hopefully she may come back and you will get a better look at her.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Bola vs *another* stranger just now Empty Re: Bola vs *another* stranger just now

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:27 am

Hi Kath,

It wasn't a totally bald patch, some fur was there. I've never seen her before so maybe she had been speyed, but escaped and has got lost. She wasn't scared of me, so it looks like she's used to peiople, hopefully she'll be back and I can get a better look. Perhaps she's used to using flaps and was trying to get in thro' mine when Bola first saw her?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:05 pm

hahah Bola's reaction was a bit extreme though, I think that lad needs a talking too. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:03 pm

Aww bless her, I hope she comes back.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:55 pm

The more I think about this, the more sure I am I've seen her before, tho' it was only the once and some time ago, but even only seeing her from a distance, I'm almost certain she wasn't in this sorry state.

She's pretty much all white, barring a few small tan-sh patches (not sure about her tail tho') and that coupled with her long fur means she's a striking looking cat. If she is lost and people are looking for her, there's simply no way on earth a cat with her looks could hide without being seeing at all.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:01 am

Poor kitty - sounds like she's not taken good care of! And good bola being such a great little guard kitty... just a shame it was right now, as it could very well be that the fluffball needed some food....
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am

He's just done it again, with another complete stranger to me. A lovely black and white cat wandered into my garden and Bola was quick to take offence, with yet more loud yowling at it Rolling Eyes

This cat didn't seem overly impressed by his posturing it has to be said and just strolled thro' the gap in the fence and lay down and rolled on it's back while Bola yowled away Laughing I'm guessing by the way it didn't spray it's not a tom, and she didn't look that old to me.

Still, at least she didn't try the cat flap........................but no doubt there's time for that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Rofl! Maybe Bola is the answer to avoiding being 'adopted' by any more? LOL! Somehow tho, I don't think he'll put off the die-hard adoptees! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:14 pm

maddymoo wrote:Rofl! Maybe Bola is the answer to avoiding being 'adopted' by any more? LOL! Somehow tho, I don't think he'll put off the die-hard adoptees! LOL
I wouldn't mind so much if he'd *defend* the house against the spraying black tom, but he'll just sit there and watch him come in and not make a sound.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Ian B wrote:
maddymoo wrote:Rofl! Maybe Bola is the answer to avoiding being 'adopted' by any more? LOL! Somehow tho, I don't think he'll put off the die-hard adoptees! LOL
I wouldn't mind so much if he'd *defend* the house against the spraying black tom, but he'll just sit there and watch him come in and not make a sound.

Ian

Contrary little bugger that he is! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm

maddymoo wrote:
Ian B wrote:

Ian

Contrary little bugger that he is! LOL
I think cowardly is more the word Laughing

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Prob doesn't want to get 'marked' LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Ian B wrote:He's just done it again, with another complete stranger to me. A lovely black and white cat wandered into my garden and Bola was quick to take offence, with yet more loud yowling at it Rolling Eyes

This cat didn't seem overly impressed by his posturing it has to be said and just strolled thro' the gap in the fence and lay down and rolled on it's back while Bola yowled away Laughing I'm guessing by the way it didn't spray it's not a tom, and she didn't look that old to me.

Still, at least she didn't try the cat flap........................but no doubt there's time for that.

Ian
He did it again earlier this afternoon Rolling Eyes

I was playing with him in the garden when he suddenly bolted towards a gap in the fence, and when I looked up there she was, just sat there watching us.............that was bad enough, but hot on Bolas heels came Dexter. Thankfully 2 vs 1 was enough to persuade her to give ground and scarper.

She doesn't run from me, so I reckon she'd come if I called her, but while Bolas around there's no chance of that ever happening.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down