For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panic over

3 posters

Go down

Panic over Empty Panic over

Post by Ian B Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:22 pm

I thought I'd be reporting Max had gone missing as up till 5pm I hadn't seen him since just before 11am and that's very unusual, if not a first, for him as for all he goes out it's not for more than a couple of hours at most as he's a real sleepy head and doesn't like to stray too far away from the dry food bowls here.

What bothered me most, tho' not quite as bad, was while I was sure something had happened to Buddy when he wasn't in that Saturday morning, I couldn't shake off a feeling something had happened to Max as well. Probably down to the recent *pellet* wound tbh.

If he hadn't shown his face I was all set for going looking for him later, but in he strolled, ate a bit of dry then some cooked chicken before heading off out again Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Panic over Empty Re: Panic over

Post by Teddy Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Understandable that you would worry, thankfully all's well. Wonder where he had been, tucked up nice and cosy no doubt. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Wherever it was it was attractive enough for him to rush straight back out after he'd filled his belly here Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:42 am

He came back in later but went out again at 10.30pm and I've not seen him since. He's neutered so it's not the ladies he's after Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:06 am

Malo did the same to me yesterday. He went out as usual at 5.30am but then didn't come back as usual for his breakfast. When I left for work at 7.30 there was stillno sign of him so I put his food station int the conservatory so he would have access. I had the chance of popping into home between offices at 11 and his food still hadn't been touched - but then 5 minutes later he sauntered in. Obviously getting food elsewhere, although the usual culprit - Tub's dad - is in hospital at the mo, so maybe Malo is venturing further afield to find other sources of extra food. There is plenty food here for him after all, and he has also been neutured so not after the lady cats.

Joanne

Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Joanne,

Max rarely wanders much, he's very much a creature of habit, the only time he strays far from my garden is when he crosses the road looking for a fight with his arch enemy. I suppose now it's getting warmer and drier (supposedly Laughing) they'll all have the urge to get out and about a bit more.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:43 am

Hi Ian - Whereas Malo is a wanderer and prefers to be out than in, he has his routine. When I get up at 5.30 he heads straight for the door to be let out. We have litter trays, but he much prefers to do his business outside. Anyway, within half an hour he has usualy reappeared for breakfast and then asks to go back out. When it is cold or wet he is usually back in before I head to work and stays in till I get home, when the first thing he wants is to go outside. Contrary to Joseph, who was very much a nocturnal mouser, we get Malo in before bedtime and he stays in until 5.30 next morning. He gets into too many scrapes if out over night. Anyway, when he didn't turn up for breakfast, that really was out of character despite him being a wanderer.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content