For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again (now with pic)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Here we go again (now with pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again (now with pic)

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

Bet she has a secret hideawy, so she can eat in peace. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Here we go again (now with pic) - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again (now with pic)

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am

Probably the middle of the road so not so secret Laughing

Her going home with one chicken wing would make them think it was a chance find or steal, but if it keeps happening...................

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:38 am

haha could get them thinking especially when they find bones lying around. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm

I managed to grab a word with the lad from across the road as he delivered the local free paper on Saturday and asked him if she was theirs, as expected she is. I told him she was probably pregnant again and asked what had happened to the last litter, he said he didn't know, they'd just *gone* Rolling Eyes

He wasn't overly complimentary about their black cat either, a "horrible cat" he called him, but I don't know if this was just his opinion or his mother shared it as well. As luck had it, he'd called here just as I was letting this cat out of the front door, tho' I told him I was chasing it out as it had started sneaking in, "Good" he said "While it's here it's not at our house" or words to that effect, so it may well be unwanted there.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:58 pm

Poor cats - WHY do folks get them if they couldn't care less about them!!! confused

WE often wondered if darling Domino ever had any affection from her first owner as when we picked her up she would snuggle right up and purr SO loudly and not want to be put back down. And if we sat down she was straight up onto us.
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:18 am

It makes you wonder doesn't it Gilly? There's more to giving a cat a home than just feeding it and letting it in when you feel like it/they happen to be about.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

I've seen her a few times so far today, but I've not seen their black cat for near on 36 hours now, not just here but on the street as well and this is very, very unusual. He's such a outdoor cat I can't see him being happy if he's being kept in at home, no doubt he'll call here again as soon as he's let out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Would he be kept in though if he's not really wanted, maybe he's off wandering with Bola. Laughing Poor thing must wonder where to go to feel comfortable. Crying or Very sad
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

If he doesn't go home he must have found somewhere else besides my house because while he eats here it's not enough to survive on. I'm pretty sure he does go home even tho' he might not be let in as much as he'd like, and it's probably just the lad who isn't that fond of him.

She was about when I went to bed last night and was on my doorstep when I got up today. If nothing else she makes a good guard cat which coupled with the new flap means intruders are unlikely Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:17 pm

He turned up mid morning to scrounge a bit to eat and was soon back on his travels, which included getting past Max who was doing his best to hide himself behind a washing line post. It fooled nobody, not least his arch enemy Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:43 am

Ian B wrote:She was about when I went to bed last night and was on my doorstep when I got up today. If nothing else she makes a good guard cat which coupled with the new flap means intruders are unlikely Laughing

Ian
And again today, which explains why, barring Dexter, it was a cat free house when I got up. Even the garden was cat free till I opened the door and called them, for such a tiny cat she's still managed to get them well trained enough to stay right away from her Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:07 am

I was playing with Bola and Max in my back garden last night when I looked up the side of the house and saw the young lad from across the road stood at my front gate. He wanted to know if I'd seen their young cat recently, I told him I hadn't for a couple of hours but she'd been here in my garden, on and off, all day from 6am.

He wanted her as he'd just opened some Frontline, which was nice to hear, but if they can afford to do this they can certainly afford to have her spayed. I'd noticed a wet patch on the back of her neck a while ago and hoped it was due to being treated for fleas but thought it unlikely if they'll just let her get pregnant.

I left him calling her further up the road (I still don't know her name as I couldn't make it out) and Im hoping she went home at some point, but I've just found her sat on my doorstep again at 6am, so perhaps not.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:07 am

I've just nipped down to see if she was still here, she was and had Jimmy trapped in a corner of the garden. I don't know if it was because I was there, but he suddenly felt brave enough to make a for it dash up the fence, closely followed by her, he made it to the fall while she fell off, yowling very, very loud threats at him.

I couldn't just leave him there so took a chance on picking him up and carrying him to the safety of his own garden, if he'd panicked as we walked past her I would have been in trouble as his front paws were too near my face for comfort, but he must have realised I was only trying to help as he started purring the further we got away from her.

It's bad enough Fudge attacking Jimmy on sight without this cat starting as well, with Dexter not being shy at bullying him now and again as well, poor Jimmy doesn't exactly have a quiet life Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 am

Poor poor Jimmy, how my heart goes out to that cat Laughing must be awful to go through life with so many cats disliking him.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:49 am

It doesn't stop Jimmy coming here tho', maybe he's used to my stepping in to save him now Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 am

She was around here a fair bit yesterday, but for the first time I can recall, I didn't see their black cat once. Even the odd time he doesn't appear during the day he always turns up at night, so to not see him at all was a surprise, and no sign of him so far today either.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 pm

It looks like she's not pregnant, tho' it's not for the lack of trying by Stripey and the rest, but she's no fatter now than then.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I've just read this! How awful! That poor cat, I really feel for her. Why some people even bother having pets is beyond me.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 am

She's happy enough Helen, between her home and here she gets regular meals and is very much a outdoor cat now. IIRC, her owner told me she was being kept as a indoor only cat when they first got her as a kitten, but she must have let them know she'd like to go outside. If only her owners would get her spayed, I can't see the sense in not doing so when they can seemingly afford to Frontline her regularly.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:18 am

She must have been out all night again as I found her sat on the doorstep today, stopping Bola using the flap to come in and Max going out. She's only half the size of these two yet they're so scared of her it's comical, she must have a shorter temper than Fudge Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:35 am

I don't know how he did it, but I've just found the black cat from across the road curled up in the spare bedroom, which means he somehow got past Max who must have been on the mat near the flap at the time confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Fly little sod then? Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Unlike my lot with the flap Rolling Eyes he's good at sneaking in without making a sound, but how he managed to get past Max is a mystery as he must have all but stood in him coming in confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Maybe Max was feeling charitable. Or asleep. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 am

Max hates him so much it's always seemed like he would snap out of a coma if this cat came anywhere near him Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum