For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dexter poorly?

5 posters

Go down

Dexter poorly? Empty Dexter poorly?

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:36 pm

He's been on my bed, fast asleep since around 11am today. The only time he woke was when Ginger Tom appeared asking for food, and even then, instead of running and hiding as he normally does, he just glanced at Ginger and went back to sleep. Even putting cooked meat under his nose didn't wake/interest him, and that's a first, he didn't even wake when Bola jumped up wanting to play.

As they are still away next door, I really hope he's just very tired and not ill.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Dexter poorly? Empty Re: Dexter poorly?

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 pm

He could just be in a sleepy mood, my two from time to time get like that where come hell or high water they will not move! LOL! Its prob just a sign of how comfortable he is at yours.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:45 pm

Could be Helen, but he normally purrs for England when stroked and there's been none of that so far today.

I'll be keeping a close eye on him anyway.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:49 pm

Thats odd on,s you'd expect him to purr his little head off. Hmmm, maybe he is feeling a little under the weather and just needs to sleep it off. I hope its nothing more serious, but you'll have an eye on him (lol, one eye on him, the other watching the chaos brought on by the rest! lol, sorry I truely am evil, what I meant to say os course was 'get well soon Dexter')
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:55 pm

He's just got up and wandered off, I'll go and check in a minute to see if he's just gone downstairs to lie on the sofa or gone out. His not being bothered about Ginger nor wanting to play with Bola suggests something isn't quite right, so I'll see how he goes on and if he's still the same later/tomorrow, I'll let my neighbours kids know.

'EDIT'
It was neither, he's now curled up asleep on the junkroom windowsill.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 pm

He's up............but only after Bola tormented him to get off the windowsill. I'd like to think Bola was asking how Dexter was feeling, but I know him, he just wanted someone to chase/play with. He's tried to eat a bit of dry, and had a go at some wafer thin ham, but his heart/stomach wasn't in it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Awww poor wee fella, even turning down wafer thin ham! Here's hoping that he feels better by morning and the restful day (minus the Bola torment of course) did him some good. Give him a gentle belly rub from me.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 am

He wasn't in when I went to bed, but was sprawled over my bed when I woke up and soon followed me downstairs for breakfast. I say 'breakfast' but he doesn't eat wet food here and will only nibble dry (he much prefers treats) tho' he loves cat milk, so that's what he got.

He was happily lapping that up when Ginger Tom appeared and they shared the bowl of cat milk...............for about 2 seconds till Dexter realised he was sharing with Ginger and scooted off sharpish thro' the flap, so I guess he's feeling a bit better today Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:44 am

Laughing Poor Dexter, he was probably just under the weather yesterday, maybe pining for his own folks Wink Hopefully he'll be back to normal today.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 am

He's playing *guard the stairs* atm Laughing

Bola is wanting to go down but Dexter is trying to stop him, they're fighting on every step and Dexter is putting up a good defence. A sure sign he's feeling much better.

He might be missing his owners, but he's happy enough with any human company normally............as long as they give him treats and stroke him that is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am

Glad to hear Dexter seems to have picked up. Prince has hardly moved over the last couple of days, and we put it down to his "vet trip" and dose of steroid and antibiotic. He has been eating and purring, but just VERY lethargic (even for him!)
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:36 am

*Prince* wrote:Glad to hear Dexter seems to have picked up. Prince has hardly moved over the last couple of days, and we put it down to his "vet trip" and dose of steroid and antibiotic. He has been eating and purring, but just VERY lethargic (even for him!)

It is probably the injections Nicki, he'll be fine in a day or so. Sophie was scratchin all last night, poor thing, maybe she too needs steroids, can't see green cheese, this lot. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 pm

Happy to hear Dexter perked up again! And hope Prince is feelign better too.

BG wasn't feeling too well last night at the house. We were having a bath, and she didn't sing her head off as soon as we got into the bathroom (she'll often sleep on top of the counter there)... at once I knew she wasn't feeling too good. My partner claimed she was tired, but I knew somethign was wrong. Cue 10 minutes later she was puking up all sorts of goodies she'd eating in the garden, all over the hallway... and 5 minutes after that she was dancing all over the house again.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content