For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

+5
*Prince*
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
Ian B
9 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:49 am

Surprisingly, considering the weather, damp and cold/blowing a gale, he's not called so far today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 am

I'm pleased to say the wound on his shoulder has all but healed now Very Happy Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 am

brill Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159 it's taken a while but thankfully he's through the worse of it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah, it seems like it's taken forever but it very, very nearly fully healed now Very Happy

He was in the kitchen earlier, finishing off Bola and Buddy's brekkie, and while having at least one regular meal a day here wouldn't have helped the healing it kept his strength up and may have helped fight off any possible infection.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 am

Well done you Ian for allowing Stripey tailed Tom access to food. it certainly will have gone some way to helping him get over his wound. Really pleased that it is almost healed.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 pm

He actually left some food a short while ago Shocked I can't believe he was full so can only assume he was bullied away from the plate.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Having not seen him all day I just nipped downstairs to see if he was knocking about, only to spot him in the living room where Max was stopping him coming out. There was no aggro between them, that was saved for stripey and Dexter when they met in the kitchen, nothing major but each let the other know it'd be best for them to stay away with a few paw swipes.

I wasn't surprised at stripeys reaction, in strange place etc, but Dexters reaction was a real eye opener as he's normally very placid where other cats are concerned. Stripey is filling his face atm and will soon be on his way again, tho' I'm half expecting him to start sneaking in for a sleep when the weather turns colder as he did last year.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 am

I was just thinking he may be back more often and coming in when the weather gets really cold, pretty chilly atm, so he may be paving the way to see what reaction he gets. Be prepared for another lodger. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:44 am

I wouldn't mind him calling more/staying a bit when it gets colder as he's been well behaved in the past, no scratching or spraying. He keeps himself to himself and none of my lot seem overly bothered about him being here Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:45 am

Sounds good and you (we) would know where he is and how he's doing. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 am

For the first time he didn't back away when I went to stroke him today, so he's getting more confident around me.

Last year he used to sneak in and sleep on a chair in the dining room and as only Bola goes in there, and that's not very often these days, he'll have peace and quiet if he does it again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 pm

He's just turned up for a meal but the poor fella has all but lost his voice, his mouth is opening but there's hardly a sound coming out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 am

aaww poor soul, wonder why that's happened, hope he's not going to be ill.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 am

I hope not Kath, he hasn't got the loudest miaow to start with.

He'd been for some supper last night and left, and I was out calling Bola when stripey appeared, walking along a neighbours fence. I'm sure he was going to come here but Bola suddenly appeared, jumped onto the same fence and went to say hello to him.

Stripey wasn't interested and kept backing away from Bola, it was like watching two cats doing a high wire act in the dark Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:27 am

Laughing must be a real loner, some cats just are.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 am

Yep, Fudge for one.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 pm

He's just turned up and I'm pleased to say he's got his voice back Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159

'EDIT'

I left him in the kitchen eating two pouches of Felix beef in jelly, I've just been down and he'd gone but the plate was licked clean Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Healthy appetite !!! Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159 Moto likes the felix tuna pouches, well today he does. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 am

Teddy wrote:Healthy appetite !!! Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 579159
Probably more hunger than healthy appetite in his case.
Moto likes the felix tuna pouches, well today he does. Laughing Rolling Eyes
I've been buying the more expensive Felix and Whiskas foods for my lot, but the truth is, barring Max, they're just as happy with the cheaper stuff as long as I mash it up so they can't just lick the jelly/gravy off. Max won't touch this, but opening a pouch of anything for him is a waste as he prefers dry and leaves at least half of any wet food I give him Rolling Eyes

That said, Bola has just emptied his bowl in record time after I opened a new box of Felix Marinades salmon flavour. He'd finished his before Fudge had started, and she got hers first Shocked Laughing

'EDIT'

Stripey was a bit late arriving for brekkie, but he's just licked his plate clean then ate some bits of cooked meat offcuts I get as a weekend treat for my lot, before wandering off on his travels.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:26 am

He turned up for brekkie earlier but as bad as the weather is atm, he wouldn't come into the kitchen for it, and that was down to Max having yet another face off on the doorstep with my visitor from across the road Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:15 am

I've not seen him today, but a bowl of food has been emptied. It was a cocktail of a pouch Buddy had refused and bits left over from Fudge, Bola and Max's brekkie I'd left on the sink worktop, a right ungodly mixture tbh Embarassed but he hoovers up this type of mixture without a second thought, so I hope it was he who ate it and not Jimmy.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:26 am

He's getting fussy Laughing I bought a few pouches of cheap'n'cheerful Kittekat (it's foreign so I've no idea what flavour) especially for him, but he won't even look at it. I don't blame him tbh, it's got the most disgusting, watery gravy I've ever seen on cat food, and the *meat* looks like it's already been eaten once Shocked Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 878172

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 am

oh yuck Laughing well I can't blame him either, one thing being fussy for fussy sake but would you eat something suspect? Laughing
A few years ago there was a programme on about pet food and I'm sure there was a tester who actually ate the cat food they were making to see if it came up to sctratch, now I'm sorry but no amount of money would get me doing that, although when I was really little I once tried some cat food as I thought it smelt lovely, needless to say it wasn't Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 43453 Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 653545
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:40 pm

He can't be that hungry if he'll refuse it, tho' he did lick most of the gravy up.

I told this story before, but many, many years ago we used to have a rent collector call who used to work in Manchester. He called on a Indian family one day and was invited to sit down and share their evening meal, he did and thoroughly enjoyed it, till he asked what kind of meat it was and the wife produced a big, now empty, tin of dog food, which she said was wasted on dogs Shocked Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 5 878172 Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:58 pm

ah hahaha remind me never to eat indian again. Laughing I hope she was winding him up.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next