For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

+5
*Prince*
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
Ian B
9 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 am

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 72767 Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 72767 priceless.

So up date us, is it or isn't it healed.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 pm

I didn't see him till gone 4pm today, tho' he made up for lost time by scoffing two pouches of food then finishing off the bit Bola had left. Considering the weather it's no surprise he was so long in arriving, it's been horrible here today since mid morning, and I'm pretty sure he really wanted to stay as he stopped at the gap in my fence for a while to look at my back door before trotting off to wherever he goes to on his travels.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:04 am

I left him eating in the kitchen about 6pm yesterday and thought no more about it when I found the bowl licked clean shortly afterwards, I assumed he'd gone as usual. I went to make a brew, turned round and he was there and he definitely hadn't used the flap so had been in the house somewhere.

Probably a chair in the dining room as that's where he used to sneak in and sleep last year when it turned colder. He asked for more food then left after he's finished it, tho' if he came in looking for *his* chair after I'd gone to bed he'd be disappointed as I always shut this door overnight.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:43 am

He's getting bolder all the time, so even though you closed the room door, if he had really wanted to stay in overnight he would have found somewhere else to sleep, but no doubt he will, give him another couple of nights. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:49 am

He's definitely getting bolder/less nervous about being inside. A couple of weeks ago he'd eat in the kitchen but head thro' the flap every time he heard me knocking about, but now he stays put. Maybe he's got used to the idea he'll only see me here, and I *mean* food to him Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:51 am

Oh yes an easy meal is never going to be ignore, he'll no too that he's safe unless one of the others take a dislike to him. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:07 am

The best thing regarding food is that he's so easily pleased, he'll eat anything I put down, well, barring the disgusting cheapo KiteKat pouches I got from the market a few weeks ago Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 878172 (and I can't blame him tbh)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 pm

I spotted him (hiding from a big dog out walking with it's owner) about 1/4 of a mile away from my house on my way back from shopping. For the first time he recognised me away from the house and started miaowing at me, I called him and thought he was going to follow me back as he crossed the road behind me, but he's not appeared here as yet and he'd be here by now if he had followed.

'EDIT'

I've just nipped down to pay the milkman and stripey was sat in the kitchen waiting for more food Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 pm

hahaha never far away now by the look of it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 pm

Oh, I don't know about that Kath, he was on his travels when I saw him and if I hadn't stopped and called he would just have carried on to wherever it is he gets to, and that can be some distance away judging by how far away from my house I've seen him.

He's here atm, happily filling his face in the kitchen again and I'm pleased to see him gaining a bit of weight, tho' that should come as no surprise with the amount of food he can put away at one go...........then ask for more Shocked Laughing

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

oh it's good that he is gaining weight, what with the food you give him and hopefully what he can get elsewhere, it means if he disappears sometime over the winter we'll at least know he'll have extra padding until he ventures back.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:31 pm

Now he's got used to me he's just too friendly not to be, or was not long ago, someones cat. I can't help wondering if his owners moved and he escaped, came back *home* and he when he disappears he's just going back to his old house.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 am

Ian B wrote:He's here atm, happily filling his face in the kitchen again and I'm pleased to see him gaining a bit of weight, tho' that should come as no surprise with the amount of food he can put away at one go...........then ask for more Shocked Laughing

Ian
He was back again within the hour asking for more, I honestly don't know where he puts it all Shocked

There was a slight change in his behaviour this time, instead of going straight back out he stayed in the kitchen for a good hour. It seemed he wanted to come into the living room as he sat near the kitchen door but refused to go further, tho' with the weather being as bad as it was at the time I guess a warm, dry kitchen was better than being outside.

I left a box in the kitchen in case he came back after I'd gone to bed, but if he used it he'd gone before I got up today.

'EDIT'

I don't know how he's managed it, but he's just turned up for brekkie and he's barely wet, which considering the weather is no mean feat Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 am

Seems like he could have found a dry place to shelter from the rain. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

Hmmm, I got back from doing a bit of shopping and found him sheltering under the fir tree in my back garden, not that dry Laughing He's in the kitchen atm filling his face again, tho' sharing the food with Bola, which isn't a bad sign about him coming in while I'm out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 am

This is how I found him early yesterday evening, and by the looks of it he stayed there all night, on a chair in the dining room.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 Sleepi10

It's the same chair he used last year when he sneaked in as the weather turned colder, but while he ran when he saw me then, now he just rolled over and yawned.

On the downside, he showed the first signs of aggression towards Bola after he made his usual clumsy attempts at being friendly. Nothing major, a good hiss and a couple of half hearted paw swipes but it was enough for Bola and he's remembered as he's kept well away from Stripey as they had brekkie in the kitchen.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 am

Lovely to see Stripey in a warm and cosy place - just hope his attitude towards Bola improves. How is his shoulder injury looking now?

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am

Hi Joanne,

It's odd about the injury, one day it looks to have healed completely, the next there's blood on his coat. I could feel the scab when I stroked him yesterday and there's no doubt it's healing, but it's a slow process.

As for Bola, he's his own worst enemy at times, he thinks all cats should be ready and willing to play evey time he's in the mood.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:52 am

He came in just as I was sorting the leak in the kitchen sink out yesterday, just after 5pm, stayed on *his* chair till 12.30am then went out. Considering the weather atm, its persisiting it down and has been for some time by the looks of it, I expected to find him back on the chair today but no, which suggests he's going somewhere else as well.

'EDIT 7.25am'

He's just turned up but refuses to come in confused mind you, I did scare him while taking a wheelie bin out.

'EDIT #2'

He must have sneaked in as all the bowls/plates have been licked clean, but he hasn't stayed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:24 am

Just showing his independence. He has a cunning plan - pretend that he doesn't give a damn whether he is at yours or not, and that way there will always be food to try to tempt him. The one flaw in his plan is that he doesn't realise there will be food anyway.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:33 am

Could well be that Joanne Laughing

I know he isn't keen on company, whether it's mine or my lot, and they were all in the kitchen having brekkie when he arrived, but that doesn't explain why he didn't go to his chair after he'd finished eating as the weather is still pretty foul.

He's every inch a solitary cat who while he loves a good chin/head rub, doesn't go looking for them. He once rolled over for a belly rub then realised what he'd done, cue a mad panic as he got to his feet Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 am

Jojolabanane wrote: The one flaw in his plan is that he doesn't realise there will be food anyway.

Joanne

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:57 am

Ian B wrote: He once rolled over for a belly rub then realised what he'd done, cue a mad panic as he got to his feet Laughing

Ian

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 43453 Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 7 43453
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Awww bless him - Suzi does that too. he was having a good roll on the sofa last night but I resisted the temptation to rub her tummy because I'm still rather fond of my hand Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm

I don't know what, but *something* has happened to deter him from coming in, well, for any longer than it took him to eat both meals...........and he didn't finish either of them Shocked He's been back thro' the flap pronto today, tho' he's fine with me confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next