For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stranger *goes home*

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A stranger *goes home* Empty A stranger *goes home*

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:39 am

I heard miaowing outside at 10pm last night so went to check and found a familiar looking grey and white cat, soaked to the skin, sat on the doorstep. I'd barely opened the door before it strolled into the kitchen and asked for food and by the way it wolfed it down hadn't been fed for a while. I couldn't remember where I'd seen it before but checked the pics on my pc and found one I'd taken back in July. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like it's a she and is pregnant atm.

She trotted off out after filling her face, but I found her with Tatty in the dining room when I got up today so it seems she spent the night there after I'd gone to bed Shocked She couldn't wait to get back out after seeing me today but I managed to take another pic of her

A stranger *goes home* Nerw_s10

I've got a real soft spot for grey and white cats, but there's no way she's staying here. I think, tho' it's a bad time of year to do it with the wet weather, that I'll be able to get a paper collar on her in the hope her owners get in touch.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

A stranger *goes home* Empty Re: A stranger *goes home*

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm

She turned up again at 5pm and strolled in as tho' she owned the place and asked for food but ran when I got up. I fed her on the doorstep where she ate enough for 2 cats, so it would seem she's not been fed since here last night.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 am

Considering the weather overnight I expected to find her in the house when I got up today, especially as she was about late last night, but no sign. She may well be in the shed tho' more likely has found somewhere else to shelter as even if she has a home, I doubt her owners would have been up at that time to let her in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:26 am

She's just turned up, wet but not soaked and starving hungry again, so wherever she's been was reasonably dry but there was no food.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:50 pm

I was going to say your shed? could be as it's always available and dry, she's a beauty, just really hope she isn't pregnant though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:30 pm

She's not been in the shed when I've looked and it seems like the thieving black tom is using the main box, he's been there each time I've checked over the past few days. There's something puzzling me about the little grey and white cat, she's just turned up again and while she's mainly dry, the fur is wet from her tail to halfway up her back, almost as tho' she's been stood under a dripping tap and I've seen this a couple of times now. It's just her back, which is very odd confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:45 am

I was woken at 3am by a very loud yowl off on the landing Twisted Evil only to find her sat on my bed. I'd seen her there after she'd followed the others upstairs in the afternoon, but finding her while I was in bed was a bit of a Shocked

'EDIT'

It seems likely Bola has found a new best mate, they've spent the last hour chirruping at each other and tearing round the house.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 pm

After spending a few hours asleep on the spare bed, she got up and miaowed at me on her way to the flap but this time I was able to see where she went. She headed to the bottom of my garden, hopped onto the fence then walked down a adjoining fence, more or less in the direction of Bobcats house on the next road. Either way, it wasn't the actions of a lost or homeless cat as she knew where she was going, but that said, she was back an hour later, hopefully only because nobody was *home* to let her in.

Wouldn't it be ironic if she's from the same home as Bobcat? Laughing

I've found out she has a big mouth for such a small, timid cat tho' Shocked she's taken a major dislike to the black cat from across the road and Stripey Tail, and isn't shy at letting them know about it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:05 am

This cat is definitely not pregnant as after rolling over for a belly rub last night I saw that she was reallly a he Embarassed

That's the good news A stranger *goes home* 579159 the bad is he has a filthy temper and is constantly spoiling for a fight with either the black cat from across the road or Stripey Tail, preferably both at the same time. A shame as he's fine with Bola, Fudge, Max, Dexter and Jimmy.

I'll have to get round to putting some Cat Found posters up as somebody is likely to be missing him (hopefully)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Laughing I think everyone has made that mistake, weird about the wet back. I wouldn't imagine a cat deliberately standing under a dripping tap, but having said that, I've seen Sophie do it because she didn't realise the tap was on. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm

He keeps going out and is gone longer than a *toilet break* would take, so my best guess is he's going home and when he can't get in there is coming back here. I've done some basic posters and will be putting them up before the birds wake tomorrow, I'm almost certain his home is on the next road so hopefully he'll soon be reunited with his owners.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:44 am

That's the posters done, well, as many as the freezing temperature and a pack of uber cr#p drawing pins A stranger *goes home* 975384 would allow my fingers to manage.

He makes a damn fine guard cat, no other cat but my lot can get in the house without him letting me (and the neighbourhood) know about it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

The phone went at 4.10pm, "great" I thought, "somebody asking about him" Very Happy but it was yet another unsolicited phone call from my A stranger *goes home* 265331 bank *advising* me about the other *services* they now offer Rolling Eyes Surprisingly I was polite, but did point out I'd said I wasn't interested the last time they'd called, or the time before that and the time before that, etc, etc, so I was unlikely to be interested this time either.

He's just had a major yowl off with Stripey in the back garden and Stripey lost, which considering he's twice the size was a bit of a Shocked I wouldn't mind so much, but they'd slept for hours on the spare bed this afternoon with only inches between them and not a hint of any trouble.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 am

By the sound of things he pushed his luck too far with Stripey last night, it's a wonder the door didn't come of it's hinges never mind the flap such was his rush to get out Shocked I don't think he came back in later either as there was no silly o'clock yowling.

He was with Bola first thing today but wouldn't come in so he's out in the rain and while it doesn't seem to be coming down hard, it's that drizzle that soaks you in seconds so he'll be wet thro' somewhere. I've just been out looking but he's nowhere in sight.

'EDIT 7.30am'

Hmmm, he's not learned as they've just had a massive set to outside Shocked tho' at least he's come in out of the rain at last, totally soaked and with a big scratch on his nose. I'll have to try and get a pic of him compared to the others, especially Stripey, to show how small he is and doubt even neutering would help as his dislike of Stripey seems serious.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:42 pm

He maybe small but he's got catitude. Looks like you may have a guest for Christmas. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Perhaps not, it looks like he's fallen out with me atm. He was sat on the fence when I was shooing the thieving black tom (who now sneaks into the house Shocked) out of my back garden, they both legged it pronto and I've not seen my latest visitor since.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:32 am

Still no sign of him, hopefully only because he went home and they've kept him in after disappearing like that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 pm

I spoke too soon, he's just turned up begging for food so who knows where he's been since yesterday afternoon? I'm hoping his owners have let him out and he's just wandered back here but I would have expected they'd have put a collar on him, even if it's just a paper one to let me know who owns him, anything to show he's been home.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:07 pm

He called again this afternoon and I tried to ignore him. I would have done it as well if he hadn't gone upstairs, found Stripey asleep on the spare bed and woke him to pick *yet another* fight, so I had to go up to separate them Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:28 am

I didn't see him again after my last post, but on opening the door just now to look for Stripey the stranger was sat there so it seems he's been out all night and he's now filling his face in the kitchen. I don't understand why there's been no phone calls about him, surely somebody has seen the posters and recognises the description, even if he's not theirs and told his owners, as he's the only mainly grey cat I've seen round here?

I had intended taking the posters down tomorrow morning (assuming kids haven't done it for me Twisted Evil) but I think I'll leave them up.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 am

He came in for supper late last night then went out, but was waiting for brekkie today so probably spent the night here after I'd gone to bed. He's gone out again now tho'.

*If* I go for a drink today I won't be around to stop any fights before they really start, so things could get easily get out of hand Shocked Rolling Eyes A stranger *goes home* 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Maybe that needs to happen, lets them sort it out once nd for all, well maybe. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:52 am

All seemed well when I got back, I half expected clumps of fur everywhere and things knocked over but nothing was out of place. They were all curled up asleep in various parts of the house A stranger *goes home* 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:24 am

Hmmmm, I'm not happy about him, he's very lethargic and has turned his nose up at two plates of food, tho' is tucking into some breaded ham atm. He was doing that lip smacking thing where they're hungry but can't eat, so I'll be keeping a close eye on him today while he's here.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:48 pm

He's fine and must have just been very sleepy Very Happy