For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stranger *goes home*

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A stranger *goes home* - Page 2 Empty Re: A stranger *goes home*

Post by Ian B Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:54 am

It looks like Bola has got a new best mate and between them, I'm not sure who is leading who astray Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 am

Did I say led astray? They both went out late last night and I'm pretty sure neither came back in, and Bola has only been in long enough today for a quick bite of brekkie before dashing back out again, whereas at least the stranger stayed to finish his. Oh, and he's now at the leg winding stage.

Somebody must be missing him, I don't understand why there's been no phone calls confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:03 pm

He went to say hello to Fudge last night and it looked like things were going well, they even got as far as touching noses before she reverted to type and gave him a good left hook for his trouble. The others have learned to let her make the first move in welcomes and it'll probably be some time before he tries again Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 pm

That Bola has just dashed outside into the pouring rain with him gives some idea of how friendly they've become, it looks like poor Dexter had better find a new sparring partner Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am

He marched into my bedroom at silly o'clock to do a bit of exploring and gave me a running *commentary* on what he was doing and why. He's not quiet so a disturbed nights sleep was had Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:50 pm

He got upset at Stripey being in the house just after lunch and promptly attempted to spray next to a freezer under the stairs. Luckily I caught him before he'd started and gave him a good cussing along with several loud hand claps. It worked as he bolted upstairs where I thought he'd stayed, but must have sneaked out as he'd gone when I checked and has only just ventured back in, nearly 6 hours later. He's lucky I didn't have the usual cushion or paperback handy, but him spraying is something I'll need to keep a close eye (nose) on.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:32 pm

The little sod feels so at home now he's started marking his territory in typical cat style, I've suspected he was spraying but wasn't sure till I caught him red handed this afternoon Rolling Eyes A stranger *goes home* - Page 2 975384 The good news he stops instantly if I catch him and shout or clap my hands, the bad news is he doesn't just run off and hide, he hares thro' the flap and I don't see him again for hours.

All of which makes me think, if he wasn't actually maltreated at his real home, he was *told off* far worse if he did it there as he's a very confident cat otherwise, but raised voices/clapping are enough to make him bolt for the flap.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 am

I don't know if he slept on my bed last night but he was there when I woke today and was all over me as soon as I switched the bedside light on, pushy paws, purring, even giving my nose a playful bite instead of the headbutt I expected Laughing This is the first time he's done anything but treat me as a source of food.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:56 am

I had a scare with him last night as he was lay on my bed with his right hind leg at a most extraordinary angle, plus he looked a bit battered about the face with a fresh, second small cut to his nose and was very subdued. I fully expected a vet visit would be needed as it looked for all the world his leg was dislocated, if not broken.

I managed to examine the leg without disturbing him too much and thankfully there were no signs of pain, which he confirmed 10 minutes later by jumping off the bed for a drink of water, then following Bola in dashing downstairs after *something* they'd both heard use the flap.

He's fine today and is currently filling his face in the kitchen Very Happy tho' I've got to admit I've never seen a short haired cat look so generally tatty, so easily. He's only got to get wet to look like he's been in the wars as his fur sticks together in clumps when dried.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 am

More nose biting this morning, he was all over me as soon as I woke then when I got downstairs dashed off outside with Bola before I could get their brekkie ready so they're best mates again after their recent squabble. I feel a bit sorry for Max, he's tried to say hello a few times and only got a paw swipe for his trouble, but at least there's no fighting.

As nobody has called about him, I'm going to have to think about getting him neutered soon and I don't want to leave it too long.........and a name. I'm stuck on the latter as none I've come up with seem to fit, *namely* Embarassed GT (grey tom) Any other suggestions?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

I've just had a phone call from someone who'd been told about a cat found ad I'd left at the local pet stall on our indoor market, she came up and it was their cat Very Happy A stranger *goes home* - Page 2 579159 He'd wandered further than I'd thought, about 3/4 of a mile, but is now (reluctantly) reunited with his real owners, I say reluctantly as he wanted nothing to do with her and after legging it upstairs he put up one hell of a struggle when I tried, and finally succeeded, in getting him into the carrier I've lent her.

He's got a daft name, Tilly, mainly because they thought he was she when they got him as a kitten and the name has stuck. Amazingly for his size he's around 2yo Shocked I'll miss the little fog horn but it wouldn't surprise me if he made his way back the next time he's let out, and if he does, his owner said I can keep him if I want. She did say they were going to try and keep him as a house cat, with a bit of luck it'll work out tho' I can't see it myself tbh, he's got too much of a taste of the outside, but I hope I'm wrong and he settles down now he's back at his real home.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 am

I missed his nose biting greeting when I woke today Very Happy but I certainly didn't miss his silly o'clock arguments with Stripey.

I'll be making a point about him being neutered and chipped (it's cheap enough to do both together) when she (hopefully) brings the carrier back today, plus suggesting a collar with some form of ID as the latter would have helped me notify them he'd been found much sooner.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Keeping him in didn't last long as he turned up today at 5pm, asked for something to eat then rubbed noses with Bola before going back out after Stripey Tail wandered in. I don't like the idea of him wandering like this, tho' it's not far from his home to here for a full tom, without some form of ID on a collar.

I still haven't got the carrier back, tho' if she's working perhaps won't be home just yet, which would explain the lateness of the phone call yesterday, but I've just got a feeling I'll see him again before the carrier.

I'm baffled at him being out again so soon, her concern yesterday was obviously genuine, unless he kicked up such a fuss at being kept in someone at home gave in, or maybe he's just escaped.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:43 am

He was still hanging around till 10.30pm last night, he'd keep coming in but was very wary of me, which was understandable as the last time he'd seen me I'd chased him upstairs and made him go (very much against his will) into my carrier.

I fully expected to find him in the house today but no, so it looks like he went home. I can't deny part of me was hoping to find him asleep on my bed when I woke today as the way he lets me know he's hungry and it's time to get up is very cute. If I didn't move fast enough for his liking he'd clamber all over me and gently bite my nose instead of the headbutt greeting I first expected

His owner didn't bring the carrier back either, after promising to do so yesterday, tho' it's possible she called and I missed her as I dozed off on the sofa with a happily purring *Fudge-bottle* sprawled across my chest keeping me warm.

'EDIT'

He's just turned up as I was typing this and was all over me again wanting brekkie He's wet, but not as soaked as he would have been if he hadn't found shelter nearby.

If he does end up staying here, and it's looking more than likely now, I think I've settled on a new name for him. Following my liking for naming tom cats after people/places with tom in the name, he'll be called Bosley after Tom Bosley, the Happy Days actor Embarassed Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:01 am

Still no contact from his owners to ask if he was here, which I find very odd considering they went to the trouble of asking, then coming to get him, nor my carrier returned. I'm not overly bothered about that as it was small and only really suitable for Fudge/a really poorly cat who wasn't moving much.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Bosley? Laughing oh I remember him well and Happy Days, good name.
Don't quite know what to think of the owner tbh, maybe she reckons he's with you and is prepared to accept that, but if it were me, I'd be calling you to be sure and straighten everything out. She really should have returned to carrier but maybe she's been working or something has cropped up. Maybe she's just a lazy one and you'll never see it again, you knows.
I'm hoping Bosley is happy to stay with you though, although that's an added expense you didn't budget for, trip to the vets.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 am

She was visibly pleased to find him safe and well here, but was doubly so with shock at his reaction to her picking him up, he went crazy, scratching and lashing out. It was so bad I wondered if he was her cat, but her description of him when she rang was too accurate. She said she'd never seen him act that way before so I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

I expected a phone call to ask if he'd come back here, but after her telling me he'd now be kept as a house cat then him turning up again here less than 24 hours later, perhaps she's a bit embarrassed. From what I've seen of him here there's little chance he'd ever be happy kept indoors, I can imagine him going berserk, perhaps they saw this and think the same.

I'm not too bothered about the carrier as it's too small for all but Fudge so I've been needing a new one, I was just a bit miffed at her promising to bring it back then not doing so.

On the expense side, luckily he's not a fussy eater (tho' he can eat Shocked) and I can easily stand having him neutered. As for anything else. I'll just have to take things if and when they happen.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Sounds like you're ready for him then? Time for photos I think. Wink
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 pm

Making his home here isn't really up to me if he's decided he likes it better here and barring locking the flap there's nothing I could do, even if I wanted to. I'd hate to think of him just roaming the streets if he couldn't get in here but didn't go *home*. It'd be a different story if I wasn't home all day as there's no way the flap would be left open 24/7, there'd be just too much fighting without me being on hand to step in.

I'd be happier if his owners had made more effort to keep in in once they'd got him back home, less than 24 hours wasn't much use, unless he escaped or was just so desperate to get outside again.

Pics? I've only got a couple and one is on the first page of this thread, but missed taking a blinder of him playfighting with Bola in the hall this morning. Typically, they'd stopped by the time I'd got my camera. I say stopped, it was more a case of Bola surrendering but he started it so it was no good him looking to me for help A stranger *goes home* - Page 2 43453

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:12 pm

I forgot about that photo, lovely he is, Yes 24 hours isn't long enough, they obviously haven't got any willpower where keeping him is concerned Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:30 pm

He looks quite chunky in that pic, he's anything but tho', he's actually pretty skinny. Here he is next to the wardrobe in the spare bedroom this afternoon

A stranger *goes home* - Page 2 Bosley10

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:27 am

I woke today to find him tucked up under my chin, any closer and he'd have been in my mouth Laughing I don't know how he managed to get there without waking me, nor how him purring his head off didn't, but at least he didn't bite my nose this time.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Hmmm, I can't decide if one nostril is twice the size of the other or it's just his markings. Annoyingly, as fascinated he is with my nose, liking to play-bite it if I don't get up fast enough in the morning, he's less than keen on my getting a closer look at his.

I can't be certain, but I *think* I saw his owner getting out of a car while I was out shopping this morning, tho' if it was she didn't speak as I passed by. I didn't speak as I would have needed to stop and stare to be sure, but if it was her she couldn't have failed to see me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:24 pm

My turn to be worried now as I've not seen him since 8.30am today, he wasn't in long and didn't have much brekkie either. I'm hoping he's just gone *home* and they've kept him in again, tho' being a full tom he could be after the ladies, but that said, unlike half a dozen toms he'd shown no interest in the young cat from across the road. It's unusual for him not to snooze the day away here, he recharges his batteries for his post midnight adventures and he likes his food so to miss meals................

I last saw him heading towards the front gate instead of over a back garden fence, I suppose he'd been that way before without my seeing him and the road is no busier than the ones he needed to cross to get here, but it only takes one vehicle doesn't it? There's no sign of him on the road immediately outside my house nor as far as I can see from the gate.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:15 am

Still no sign of him so I'm desperately hoping he's just gone home and been kept in more successfully than the last time. I'd go looking for him today when it got lighter but I've got to wait in for a delivery, ironically a new carrier I opted for next day delivery on, and bought mainly to take him to the vets to be neutered.

I can't phone his owner to ask if he's gone back as when she rang me I didn't get round to asking for her # to let her know he was here again before he appeared thro' the flap, and I can't use 1471 because of a courtesy (read nuisance) call from my bank since.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content