For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last night, I was not a cat lover!...

+4
pokbg
*Prince*
Ceri
maddymoo
8 posters

Go down

Last night, I was not a cat lover!... Empty Last night, I was not a cat lover!...

Post by maddymoo Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:50 pm

Arggghhhh! Bramble! The little sod! ALL night, picking at the sliding door wardrobe in the bedroom to get in... I wouldn't mind quite as much if she could actually open in like Mads can... but she can't and wasn't giving up! LOL! I was up and down all night trying to shoo her away, I even got up a couple times and took her downstairs to try and get her interested in a toy instead! She would stop when I clicked my fingers and called her over, then she would hop up and purr her head off having a stroke, but as soon as I stopped petting her, she was straight back at the sliding doors... I even closed the bedroom door... to a far worse sound, of my lovely wooden door being clawed to hell! LOL! So had to open it again... Where does she get the energy from? Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 611746 Evil or Very Mad
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Last night, I was not a cat lover!... Empty Re: Last night, I was not a cat lover!...

Post by Ceri Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Lol and i bet your shattered this morning whilst shes having a lovely morning snooze!!! What a persistant little madam, why can they never find quiet things to amuse them?? Laughing

Ceri
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 260
Cat(s): : Moli, Misty & Monty
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Back to top Go down

Last night, I was not a cat lover!... Empty Re: Last night, I was not a cat lover!...

Post by maddymoo Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmmph, she wants me to play with her this morning! Pah, the cheek! I will however go and get her another wormer from the vets, as the last one, crumbled in food, didn't even get sniffed! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:14 pm

*sniggers*. Sorry I know I shouldnt laugh, cos I know from first hand experience, how annoying the sliding wardrobe door noise is! Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 265331
My old cat Pebbles used to do it and it drove me freakin nuts! I am sure she had special boots that she put on to do it too! Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 43453 Flippin racket. Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 996641
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:45 pm

ROFL! Oh, I'm an evil cow... lol! But it's all to familiar, and so funny when it doesn't happen to me! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Arrrghh naughty Bramble!! Isis does things like scratching the carpet or playing with a plastic bag that rustles very loudly in the night and wakes us up. Dave gets quite mad!!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:29 pm

It's all for attention isn't it, the monkeys. If I do this mummy will fuss me So you shoo them to stop and they do it again. It's a vicious circle!
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Why not just open the wardrobe door a little bit so she can come and go? Or would she just amuse herself by sliding the door back and forth even more and make a noise all night long? Laughing

ONe of our old cats years ago used to like being in the airing cupboard in the bedroom and Neil used to always keep the door ajar for him! You could hear the tank bubbling away all night long as the cupboard was in the main bedroom. Rolling Eyes
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Gilly wrote:Why not just open the wardrobe door a little bit so she can come and go? Or would she just amuse herself by sliding the door back and forth even more and make a noise all night long? Laughing

Oh no, no, no, no, no.... then there's 'the russeling (?sp)' noises as she tramples all over my shoes and makeup and pulls necklaces out to play with and god knows what else, arrgghhh the rustleing (?spelling getting any closer??) winds me up something chronic... When Mads opens it and they both hop in, I HAVE to get up and chase them out... *sighs* I swear they do it on purpose! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:48 am

I swear they do it on purpose! LOL

Of course they do - they're cats!!! Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 43453

You can tell I've forgotten what cats are like Embarassed I'd totally forgotten about the sound effects during the night Laughing Rolling Eyes

Oh, and the word you're trying to spell is 'rustling' Wink Don't worry about it hun - I'll sometimes be writing a letter and my mind will suddenly go blank and I can't, for the life of me, remember HOW to spell even quite simple words!!! Last night, I was not a cat lover!... 172268 I end up getting a scrap bit of paper and practising Laughing THAT'S what Neil can get me for Christmas - a dictionary!!! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Gilly on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh yes the sliding wardrobe door, we have one and it's always Sophie who has to try and open it. I have left it open but when she is inside it she doesn't stay long, it's the fun of trying to open it that is the attraction. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:58 am

She's stil doing it!!!! ARGGHHHHHHH! Thats every dammed night for over a week she's been extra crazy! Not really sleeping and running around like there's a gale in her tail! And the sliding doors.... don't get me started on the sliding doors! Then she's picking on Mads, so we have the pair of them tearing all over the house like thunder, a pair of mad elephants jumping and landing on our bed! Ye gads! Oh she is being such a pain! And then there's the checking to see if I'm awake by headbutting my face relentlessly... I need sleep! Where the heck has all this energy came from?? She's tearing around the house again as I type, and we've just had to clean her up again (I think she must have had Mads' food last night as Mads ate hers *turn yer back for a minute eh? lol*), and I think her a*nal glands may be causing a bit of bother as they sprayed when I was cleaning her *oh yuck*. So poor Boo for her clarty bum..... but BAD BOO!!! bad bad bad Boo, for her dodgey night time antics! Not to be overly dramactic or anything, but she's driving me nuts! I'm actually looking forward to going on holiday (if we can get anthing... thank you XL *rolls eyes*) just to have a good nights sleep! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Oh Helen!!! If it's any concellation (which of course it isn't at night when there's no sleep to get), been there and done that.

When we lived in Falkirk I gave up with Pok and the sliding door... just had to keep them open all the time. At first it was even worse, as he would then explore, scratch, ripo anything in there to shreds... but after a few nights he gave up and just started sleeping in there... needless to say all my clothes were constantly covered in cat hairs (why only MY clothes? Why couldn't he ever go and sleep on my partners clothes), but it was a small price to pay for having sleep.... and I just left the top layer of clothes too it, and stuck the clean washing underneath them.

I hope your little Boo will settle down a bit more at night, and fingers and toes crossed her anal glands aren't clogging up!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:01 pm

LOL, maybe I should have a clearout of the cuboard and put a blanket down in there...

She was a fairly good girl last night! Only woke me 4 times! I'm keeping a rolled up pair of socks next to the bed to chuck at her LOL, but as soon as I wake up and move, she leaves the sliding door and comes and jumps on the bed... ho hum... This orning however when I was having a delicious lay in, she strolled into the bedroom and started howling at the top of her voice... I was in a blissful sleep, so was woken with a start... little sod then jumped up purring 'oh hi mum, you up now?' LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down