For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saffy aka the pig.

+5
littlekitty
Teddy
pokbg
*Prince*
nicola
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saffy aka the pig. Empty Saffy aka the pig.

Post by nicola Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Will your cats eat anything?
I only ask as Saffy will eat almost anything, whatever i am having she wants some of it no matter what it is up to the point Steve made curry last night and i found her tucking into what was left of it this morning (so glad it was going to be thrown out anyway), she just don't care what she eats and she's like a pig with it, she will eat and eat till her belly is so full and hard its a wonder she don't burst, she also thinks every time i go into the kitchen it's just to put food down for her so she will come running after me screamimg.
I have never knows a cat eat like she dose, Lilly on the other hand is so fussy with her food she will not eat dry food only wet and then it's only a few mouthfuls.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Saffy aka the pig. Empty Re: Saffy aka the pig.

Post by *Prince* Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:30 pm

What a little Miss Piggy! lol.
No Prince is the opposite, a real fussy boy, but still the size of a house! It never ceases to amaze me!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Awwww.... she sounds like such a lovable little princess!

Pok was the same when he was young (until he was about a year and a half)... I don't think he was actually hungry, he was just terrified of missing out on something... and that something being food. lol! Everytime we ate he would be there, and if our eyes dared to wander away from the plate for a second he would steal something off it.

Sadly Pok is back into his phase... but now he's picky, but still comes into the kitchen each time we go there in the hope of some goodies... either by howling loudly, or just sitting staring at the freezer... luckily he's not like this at the house.

BG will always beg when we eat, but if we offer her a bite, she'll most times just walk away.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Prince always likes to have a sniff and investigate, but very very rarely will he eat it if you offer him a bit.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Saffy meet Moto, a pair of little pigs together. Moto will sniff at what he's given and eat it but if we're in the kitchen he won't eat it cos he thinks he will get something else, which he doesn't. he thinks everyone else is getting something better than him. he is a hoover, eats what ever is lying around. LOL
Sophie is a dainty little picker, she never eats in the morning, but will in the evening and during the night and she prefers dry.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 pm

When we got Mary I was told "she'll anything", but we discovered that no she won't. She likes her wet food, she will take a few bites and come back to it later, and dry at night with a treat of ham, has to be wafer thin though. She always follows me into teh kitchen thinking she's going to get fed again.
Buddy will just about eat anything.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Bola wants his share of whatever I'm eating, tho' he doesn't eat all the treats he gets, it's just the thought that I'm having something, so he wants some as well. Compared to his appetite when he first arrived here, he's not so bad now, he can still eat like a pig at times, but back then it was like he'd never seen food before.

Ginger Tom would wake from a coma at the sound of a fridge door being opened, and for a cat who was grateful for any food when he first started calling, he's now getting increasingly picky......oh, and I hate the way he just sits at my feet staring at me while I'm eating.

William (when he's here) is constantly after food, yet barely touches it before nipping out again, only to return half and hour or so later asking for more.

Fudge has always been a nibbler, I don't recall her ever eating more than half a kitten sized portion at one go.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:41 pm

oh, and I hate the way he just sits at my feet staring at me while I'm eating.

That's a pet hate of mine too, Moto actually sits on the worktop right across from us and STAREs, jeez it's annoying and when Steve tells him to go lie down, he starts chattering back, cheeky little sod.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Yes, Bramble used to, but she would wolf it down straight away, I think she was just afraid that there may be no more LOL, but now she knows that food always comes, she's becoming more picky and will have a nibble then walk away... leaving a full food bowl the the ever growing Mads to hoover up! ROFL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by LuLu Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 pm

My pair are the complete opposite.
They are both really picky with the pouched food. They are fine when it comes to biscuits...they will eat anything which goes there way. Very Happy
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:55 pm

Lovin your avatar and sig Lulu! They really are lovely!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 am

TC will eat anything and everything. When he comes in from outside he will go around all the animals bowls, 2 dogs and Tito's. He licks the bowls clean.

Tito on the other hand is very fussy. He will only eat wet and at the moment only 2 varieties. Sometimes he refuses to eat unless you stand and hold the bowl up to him.
Megsy
Megsy

Number of posts : 35
Cat(s): : TC and Tito
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:18 am

Lulu and Megsy it's so nice to *see8 you here Saffy aka the pig. 167479

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:47 pm

I have just found the forum again. I had it saved in my favourites and when i clicked on it it directed me to the old forum where the last post made was April. I thought the forum had closed down. I received a PM Happy halloween and followed the new link and bingo....Its nice to catch up.
Megsy
Megsy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Megsy wrote:I have just found the forum again. I had it saved in my favourites and when i clicked on it it directed me to the old forum where the last post made was April. I thought the forum had closed down. I received a PM Happy halloween and followed the new link and bingo....Its nice to catch up.

Yey it's good to have you back!
How is the lovely Tito and Tc doing? i was telling the others on here about your fantastic tiger how have she (i think it's a she) setteld in ?

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:49 pm

It's nice to be back. Yes the tiger is a she. She has settled well and I know it's hard to believe but she is getting spoiled. She is getting very fussy with her food and turned her nose up at fresh venison the other day. I have even had to skin turkey legs for her, she refused them with the skin on.
Megsy
Megsy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:46 pm

LOL! I love the image of her turning her nose up at the skin on turkey legs! LOL! My partner loves Tigers (as we all do) and wants to see more piccies of her and stories! (special request from my baby there)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:20 pm

She is such a wonderful animal and very special. She is around (no one is sure) 14 15 years old. She was rescued 10 or 11 years ago from a back garden in a housing estate. She was entrusted into our care in May by the USPCA and the Enviroment and Heritage Service. My hubby built an enclosure for her at the back of our property. We are just ready to start phase 2 of the project where she will get an extension to her existing pen. It will be kept more natural with trees and shrubs and a bark floor.

Here she is eating a pigs head!!!

Saffy aka the pig. Sonia5013

Lying in her bed.

Saffy aka the pig. Sonia4033

Close up

Saffy aka the pig. Sonia4071
Megsy
Megsy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Haha, he immediately stopped what he was doing to see the piccies of your beautiful big girl! She is magnificient, and good on you and hubby for helping her, there's not many that would have the ability to care for such a wonderful animal. She'll love the extension I'm sure.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 pm

OMG! How did I miss this. She is truly beautiful Megsy.
Where do you guys live? (aye obviously I dont want your postal address) LOL, but which country?
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:02 am

We live in N Ireland out in the country. It's about 10 miles from the North Antrim Coast.
Megsy
Megsy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 am

Megsy wrote:We live in N Ireland out in the country. It's about 10 miles from the North Antrim Coast.

On our way! Wink
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 am

She is stunning Megsy, absolutely beautiful, I really love tigers but will just have to do with my moggies. Good on you and your husband for giving her the chance to life a happy healthy life. Very Happy
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Oh, Megsy - she's gorgeous!!! What a beautiful, beautiful girl!!! Oh, I so want to cuddle her... but I guess a cuddle is out of the question... ROFL!

Ugh... I got enough problems with fussy eaters here... and they're kitties! I cannot even imagine having a tiger, let alone a fussy eater tiger... how often does she get fed? How much does she get fed (imagines 1 pig a day!)?

How similar is her behaviour to domesticated household cats? Will she have naughty moments? Does she roll around when she's happy? Does she make many different vocal sounds? Does she react differently to seeing different people? Has Tito and TC seen her (not up close of course, but from outside the pen), how did they react?

lol! Sorry... I'm just so curious... I mean it's a tiger! lol! Not that I have any urges (ok... so I do when looking at your beautiful girl! lol! But I never will have one) to get one, but I'm just so curious to everything about her... and after seeing Christian the lion on youtube, I got the sense that wild cats are so much more similar to domestic housecats then I ever thought possible (except for the fact that they got teeth that could bite my head off... lol!).
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Megsy Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:09 am

LOL. Yes she is very similar. She is just a big pussy cat. She eats about 3-4 kg of raw meat a day. Her diet consists of pigs heads, chickens, turkeys, ox hearts, she even had a sirloin roast today. We know a butcher and if anything is not good enough for the shop he gives it to us for Sonia. She loves liver and this is a godsend really. When she came to us she was suffering from arthritis. She was very stiff in the mornings and after lying. My hubby started to give her liguid glucosamine and omega oils. We mix it in with her liver and she licks it up every day. The improvement is remarkable. She no longer limps and she runs around her pen like a kitten. She loves to play with a ball, the only thing is they don't last very long.... We are supposed to starve her 1 or 2 days a week. This is supposed to improve her digestion and coat etc. We simply haven't been able to bring ourselves to do this.
She rolls and shows us her belly all the time. Big cats don't purr they chuff and she chuffs all the time. This is a sign of affection. She really loves my husband and as soon as she sees him she starts chuffing and rolling around. She walks up to the bars and rubs herself against them while we are standing just the way a cat would rub up against your leg. I have never heard her roar or snarl but she makes a loud moaning noise just before she goes to lie down at night. We believe this is natural behaviour. Its like she is telling all the other animals around that she is there and that it is her space and don't come near. She does this for about 20 mins everynight before she goes in to her den to sleep.
She knows us all now and chuffs at us but if a stranger comes in to see her she is still friendly and will come and sniff. She loves women with perfume on.

Both cats see her every day. TC will walk into her inside den and sit on the window sill. She gets on famously with Prince my Airedale terrier. She runs up the inside of her pen and he runs up the outside. They chase each other this way. They touch noses through the fencing. She chuffs away at him. He lies beside her pen while she is just a few feet away inside. She really is amazing.
Megsy
Megsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next