For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saffy is missing

+10
Chunkyboy
pokbg
hayley xx
Teddy
Laura
*Prince*
littlekitty
Ian B
maddymoo
nicola
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Saffy is missing Empty Saffy is missing

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:34 am

I'm worried sick Saffy has gone missing Crying or Very sad

Last night as I was leaving the dog's out the garden to toilet before we went to bed I opened the back door for them and Saffy run out, steve and I run after her but she is so quick she had gone, we stayed out for a few hours looking for her but had no luck.

This morning I was sure she would be waiting for us by the back door but no she was nowhere to be seen, we have looked everywhere for her we have been out most of the day and still we can't find her.

She has now gone for over 24 hours and we are so very worried about her, I must have been up and down the road that we found phoebe on about 100 times today, I just have the most awful feeling that something is wrong.

I feel like such a bad mum to her, I didn't have her spayed when she was young I listened to the vet when I really should have put my foot down and insisted that she was done, now she is in season and I have let her get out and god knows what has happened to her.

We are going out again now to see if we can find her, any news and I will let you all know.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Saffy is missing Empty Re: Saffy is missing

Post by maddymoo Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:06 am

Oh Nic nic! She'll be back, she will! She may come back preggers, but cats arn't daft, she'll come home. Oh I wish I could say something to make it better but I can't. Don't blame yourself, listening to vets advise is the best thing you could have done, and she's so quick, you couldn't have stopped her. Its just unfortunate. X

Let us know what happens, its such a sickly feeling. ((((((hugs)))))))))))
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:04 am

Thank you Helen xx

I can't help but blame myself i SHOULD have had her done and i SHOULD have made sure she did not get out.

We have just come back from looking for her and she is nowhere to be seen Crying or Very sad .
We have been everywhere i don't know where else to look for her, it's now 2am and i am going to stay on the couch tonight and hope she comes home, i have set the arlam clock for 6am so if she is not back i'll then be going back out to look for her, i just want her home where i know she is safe.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Nicola,

As Helen said, she'll be back. The chances are she'll just be enjoying her freedom and will come wandering home wondering what all the fuss is about, tho' her timing for getting out could have been better. She's most like strayed further than you'd expect looking for a mate, and unless she doesn't know her way around locally, she'll know how to get back home.

As for her size and being spayed, I would imagine my neighbours had the same dilemma with Fudge before she adopted me, she is very, very small, but I think she was spayed as soon as possible, so it could have been done.

It's a horrible feeling when they go missing for any length of time, I've had it with Beckett and Bola, tho' even as a kitten Bola had plenty of street nous so I was pretty confident he'd be ok, but it was stomach churning with Beckett till he came back.

Hoping she's back safe and sound long before you see this.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:35 pm

She's still not home.
I havve been out again this morning looking for her but nothing, i am going to carry on going out looking and will print up some posters to put up but other than that i don't know what else i can do, i just feel so awful.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Nicola,

How long has she been gone now?

24 hours missing is about *normal*, but as it's longer than that you're right to be a bit worried. Besides posters, have you called any local vets or tried knocking on a few nearby doors? She could easily be trapped in a garage or shed.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:02 pm

Aww Nicola sorry to hear that Saffy is missing, but don't blame yourself for her getting out, I'm sure most of us on here have been in the same situation. She may have wandered further than she should have, but cat's usually find their own way back.
I always worry when ever my two are out, day or night, but I especially worry over Mary more, as she doesn't usually wander far, Buddy is a roamer so I expect him to be out more, but I still worry about him if he isn't in on time for his meals.
Hope she comes back home safely. *sending come home vibes to Saffy and hugs to Nicola*
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:20 pm

Thank you both xx

Ian she has now been gone for 35 hours, i have phoned vets and the rspca just in case they have a call about a cat in my area (she is micro chiped) good idea about knocking on a few doors i will do that.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh Nicola, I am so sorry. I have just read this. You must be out of your mind with worry. Just keep on doing what you are doing, and try stay positive that she will come home. Please please, do not beat yourself up about not having her done. You took the advice of the so-called professional.
It will be very unfortunate if she does come home pregnant, but lets just pray she comes home, and you will deal with anything else if/when it happens.
Thinking of you, keep us posted. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Ian B wrote: tried knocking on a few nearby doors? She could easily be trapped in a garage or shed.

Ian

This is exactly what happened to our Prince a few months ago. We were worried sick, and all along he was in next doors garage! You never know Nic.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Oh Nic, I'm so sorry to hear Saffy is missing. Please don't blame yourself, you take amazing care of your pets and you can't possibly watch them 24/7. When cats want to go out they mean business, I've struggled to keep Percy in a few times so I know how hard it is.

Don't feel guilty about not having her spayed yet, you took the vets advice, which anyone of us would do.

Fingers crossed she come trotting home soon, she'll start to get hungry so will (unless a neighbour has let her in). Thinking of you xxx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm

She's prob still looking for mates Nicki and even if she's got lost, she's bound to come across some familiar smells and be able to navigate from there, we all hear stories of cats finding their way home after being miles away. If that bastard you rescued her from lives nearish, you could have a wander around there, in case she's in that area because it seems vaguely familiar?
The posters and door knocking is a great idea, you could appeal on the posters for folks to check their sheds and garages. I hope she comes home soon. Even if she is pregnant, it'll be such early days that you could still have her spayed. *sends come home Saffy vibes* ((((hugs))))
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:51 pm

I have just been out asking if people that live by me can have a look in sheads and garages, she has been gone almost 39 hours now i just want her home and like you say helen IF she is preggers it's still early she can be spayed.

Will let you all know when i hear anything x

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Damn, that wasn't the news I wanted to hear when I logged on again, but there's plenty of time yet Nicola. Keep the *come home* wishes going and they'll be trebled by the rest of.......she will come home yet Wink

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi Nicola, I've just read this, such a worry for you, but she is probably enjoying the freedom and having a fine time. Sam was gone for 4 days and came home very early one Sunday morning, he was really noisy and hungry but fine, Am sure Saffy will come tripping home when sh'e ready. Thinking of you Nicola, keep positive. x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:24 pm

Nic? Is she home yet?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Anything?.................
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:41 pm

No she's still not home No
We have just been out looking again but there is no sign i don't know where she is.

It's almost 2 days she has been gone for now and it's so cold outside i just hope she is staying somwhere that is warm.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:02 am

Saffy, go home little one, your mum is very worried about you.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:05 am

Poor you, Nic. I've been thinking about you all day. Saffy could be in a neighbours house being looked after. Don't give up hope xx
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 am

nicola wrote:No she's still not home No
We have just been out looking again but there is no sign i don't know where she is.

It's almost 2 days she has been gone for now and it's so cold outside i just hope she is staying somwhere that is warm.
Hi Nicola,

I know it's not quite the same thing, but GT sometimes goes missing for up to 36 hours then he'll just turn up again. He could go back to his real home, assuming he has one, and they must be worried about him being missing while he's here, often for weeks on end, tho' his general condition suggests they don't care that much. If he doesn't go home he's found somewhere warm to stay, with a bit of luck Saffy has done the same.

Is she used to being outside? If she is she'll have plenty of street nous to fall back on to hopefully keep her out of trouble.

You can't do any more than you're doing atm, and as Laura say's, don't give up hope.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:20 am

We are all still here, and we aint giving up hope for you Saffy. xx
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:52 am

She's still not home No

Ian she dose go out but only for max 15 mins a day, thanks for the good viebs everyone xx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:26 am

nicola wrote:She's still not home No
There's still time Nicola

Ian she dose go out but only for max 15 mins a day, thanks for the good viebs everyone xx
Ah, as well as being in season, being outside will be a big adventure for her then.

I assume there's no cat flap? She *may* have tried to come home at some poiint and you've simply missed her, then she's just gone back to looking for a mate. Just keep doing as you are, she'll turn up.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Any news yet Nicola?