For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saffy

+4
pokbg
Daisy Boo
LuLu
nicola
8 posters

Go down

Saffy Empty Saffy

Post by nicola Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Well she's a dream to have, she has fitted in with us all so well she's made her self right at home! All the animals treat her as if she as always been here.

She is the most loving little thing ever, she has to be touching ether steve or my self at all times lol, she likes to sleep ether on our shoulder or in the crook of our neck (witch she is doing right at this moment with me) she always wants to be picked up and carried everywhere and if i am busy doing something and i have to put her down she will run after me and follow me everywhere meowing, i have got so good at doing things with one hand lol!

The only problem we are having with her is that she knows were her litter tray is and she will use it but only if we put her in it, if she wants to go and we have not put her in her litter tray then she will run under the computer desk and go under there! we are not to worried about this as she is still only very young (nearly 5 weeks old) and i may try moving the litter tray to under the computer desk to see if she feels more comfy with going under there.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Saffy Empty Re: Saffy

Post by LuLu Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:06 am

Aww bless her.
I'm glad she has settled in well.
She sounds just like my Saffy when she was a kitten...she used to sit/sleep on our shoulders and want to be carried everywhere.

It may help moving her litter tray under the computer desk. Do you have more than one because otherwise I would suggest keeping the other one where it is and putting another one under the computer desk.
LuLu
LuLu
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 135
Cat(s): : Max & Billy
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy Boo Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:48 am

awww hun she sounds adorable, she s a lil cutie thats for surexxxx
hopefully it is just her age and she ll get used to it, fingers crossedxxxxx

Daisy Boo
Cat Lover
Cat Lover

Number of posts : 68
Cat(s): : Yes! lol!
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 am

Awwww...bless! What a little sweetie she is!!! Except the not wanting to use the litter tray that is... but as you say... she's still such a little one! I'm sure she's just haven't figured out that she's supposed to use it quite yet.

Does she want to go under the PC desk if someone is there? Or will she go there otherwise too?
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:56 am

Pokbg it's only when someone is there?

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:01 am

She may just like the privacy the computer desk provides. Its a big world for such a small girl and she may feel vulnerable when using the tray? As Lulu has suggested, could you move the tray under the desk? When we took Bramble in she would go behind the old tv stand that was in 'her kitten room' so we put the tray there and she used it fine. x

Awww, Saffy does sound like a dream, I'm so glad she's with you. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:21 am

Moving the tray sounds like a good idea, Nic. I'm sure you're right about her being young, plus she's had a rough start. She probably needs a bit of time and training. x
Laura
Laura
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 802
Cat(s): : Percy

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 am

I think (and think... not know! lol!) that she goes where you are, and under the PC desk seems like safe haven, with her new mammy next to her to guard her. I'm sure she'll grow out of it as she gets older, but with her being so young she would normally still have had the support and comfort of her mom at all times... even when going to the littertray.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:30 am

Pokbg i think your right!

If ether Steve or my self are not by the computer desk she will happily go in her litter tray but if one of us are by the desk she will go under it lol.

I'm going to leave her litter tray were it is but also get another one to put under the computer desk to see if that works.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 am

Beckett was the same when I first got him, his preferred toilet area was under my computer desk, but he'd go anywhere where there were lots of wires/leads, behind the tv was another fav place.
It was a nightmare having to clean half a mile of wire/lead first thing in the morning as even tho' he had trays, he was very hit and miss.

Great news that Saffy has settled so well.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:07 am

Oh what a sweetie, she just sounds as though she still needs reassurance, it's not been a week yet Nicola and she has bonded with you so much, it's probably very natural for her to * go* right beside you. Good idea getting another litter tray, could be a privacy thing as well. She'll come good though, with all the love and attention you and Steve are giving her, her confidence will get better everyday. Bless you , you're doing so well with her. x
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:36 pm

We have lift off!!!!!
She just went in her litter tray all on her own,

Saffy P3170015

but then she goy back out and had a wee under thecomputer desk again, Arrrrrrrrrr!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:43 pm

lol! Oh bless! She was just showing off going to the litter tray... under the Pc desk was for pleasure! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 pm

LOL! Oh its a learning curve for her! Rolling Eyes Saffy 72767