For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spraying black tom update

+2
Chunkyboy
Ian B
6 posters

Go down

Spraying black tom update Empty Spraying black tom update

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:38 pm

I was in the kitchen with William, Bola and GT when I spotted a black face peeping thro' the flap. Thinking it was Dexter I opened the door to let him in, but then realised it was my spraying visitor. Amazingly he didn't run and even let me stroke him, tho' he wasn't overly impressed by that Laughing

I'd not seen him for maybe a week or so, tho' hearing him pathetically miaow for food I know I've heard him recently. Mug that I am I gave him some biscuits (but locked the flap) tho' I don't know why, he's a long way from starving by the look of him.......as I said tho', mug Embarassed Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Spraying black tom update Empty Re: Spraying black tom update

Post by Chunkyboy Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Hee Hee, ya big softie! I would have done exactly the same.
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm

yip, a wee miaow and you're hooked, Laughing bet he enjoyed those biscuits though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Chunkyboy wrote:Hee Hee, ya big softie! I would have done exactly the same.
I know I shouldn't have as it will only encourage him to call, but I couldn't resist his pathetic miaowing.

Teddy wrote:yip, a wee miaow and you're hooked, bet he enjoyed those biscuits though.
Hi Kath,

Not so much the miaowing, more that he's another jet black cat Laughing

He really, really hates other cats, William wandered out while he was eating his biscuits and I had to stand guard over them to make sure things didn't get out of hand, and the anount of aggressive miaowing he did when I had the door open and he saw Bola, William and GT in the kitchen was almost scary.

The funny thing is, when William went outside he didn't bat an eyelid at the black tom, for the first time I've seen him stand his ground with another cat. This suggests to me they *know* each other as I'm almost certain their real home is the same house a few doors away.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:25 pm

Oh they probably do know each other and are tolerant, I always wonder why some cats are tolerant of others and then the next one gets a playground bashing. Sophie gets really aggressive ( I know my little princess getting aggressive is hard to imagine Rolling Eyes ) with feamae cats that are out in the pen, she literally throws herself at the partitions, she has no restraint about her at all, the tink, and then she will walk away only to turn around abruptly and fly at the partition again, doesn't do it with male cats, she's too busy shaking her tush at them, little slapper.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:39 pm

Teddy wrote:and then the next one gets a playground bashing.
( I know my little princess getting aggressive is hard to imagine Rolling Eyes )
with feamae cats that are out in the pen, she literally throws herself at the partitions, she has no restraint about her at all, the tink, and then she will walk away only to turn around abruptly and fly at the partition again, doesn't do it with male cats, she's too busy shaking her tush at them, little slapper.

PMSL! Spraying black tom update 72767
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 am

Ian B wrote:The funny thing is, when William went outside he didn't bat an eyelid at the black tom, for the first time I've seen him stand his ground with another cat. This suggests to me they *know* each other as I'm almost certain their real home is the same house a few doors away.
Sounds very plausible! And bless you for giving him some kibbles... lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 pm

He turned up in my garden again earlier, but the black cat I fed wasn't him.

I went to the back door to call him but he legged it thro' a gap in the fence, and as I was about to shut the door, *he* was there at my feet, miaowing for food confused Barring a few white hairs on this visitor, these two black toms are all but identical, but the second one is a bigger mystery than the first as I've no idea at all where he's from. Part of me is hoping he's a cat I often fed but hadn't seen for well over a year, facially he looks very much like this cat, but his miaow sounds very different as this tom is bloody loud Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Couls still be him though, a year in a cats life is many in ours so maybe he's just gotten louder as he's aged. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Hi Kath,

It could well be, facially they are very similar, they both have a *squashed-like* face, but whereas the first tom was almost silent, he miaowed but nothing much came out, this one is bloody loud.

I've just let William out of the front door.......he's too lazy to use the flap on the back door as it means he has to walk further than he want's to.......and who came running up asking for food, none other than this black tom. He was lucky, there was a bit of food left over that Bola had refused, so he got that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:39 pm

LOL, it seems to me that almost every cat we talk about on here has an eating obsession. I always thought it was dogs that constantly wanted food, but it looks like am wrong.

Well it seems to me Ian, you may have another black cat a coming calling. Wonder how long this one will hang around for. Doesn't it cost you a small fortune to feed them all?
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Hi Kath,

I'd rather not think about the amount of money I spend on cat food, but I know it's way too much. I'm lucky with these passers by as they are usually grateful for whatever food my lot suddenly decide they don't like anymore.

I've stopped buying the large tins as too much was being wasted/thrown away, even with my visitors, I only buy pouches or individual servings now. Even tho' I reckon they are dearer, they work out better value as very little is wasted.

As for him calling, I can't see him doing anything more than sit outside/peep thro' the flap, at least for a while, as he's just too nervous, that and his dislike of other cats will stop him venturing in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:23 pm

For the time being, but look how, eventually you win them round, and sometimes you don't even try. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Teddy wrote:For the time being, but look how, eventually you win them round, and sometimes you don't even try. Laughing
There'd be too much grief all round if this tom started coming in. Bola has made it plain he doesn't like him coming anywhere near the door, let alone in the house. I had to be quick to stop him going out when I opened the door for William, then it was a mad dash to get into the kitchen to lock the flap before it dawned on him he could get out that way. I'm pretty sure GT and this toms paths must have crossed before GT adopted me, and by the looks of this tom, they're both fighters given half a chance.

I'll carry on feeding him as and when I see him, assuming I have spare food, but as much as I like black cats, that's it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:53 pm

I had a vivid image of you running to get from one door to the next. Laughing and they say cats are calming. Debatable. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:22 am

I *think* he called last night (around 1.15am) and came into the house Shocked

I was awake as I had a full house, Bola, GT, Fudge, William, Jimmy and Dexter, and the noise they were making between them would have woken the dead, especially Fudge going after Jimmy Evil or Very Mad All of a sudden it went quiet, and all but GT came into my room and Fudge had lost interest in Jimmy Shocked

Next I heard *chirruping* on the landing/stairs, and out of my lot there's only Bola does that but I'm pretty sure he was under my bed at the time. He appeared from wherever, jumped onto my bed to join Fudge, William and Dexter, while Jimmy sat on the floor, but all four couldn't take their eyes off the door. I had to get up for the loo, but there was no sign of this black tom and there was no sign of GT either which as he's started sleeping on the stairs when not my bedroom, my guess is he'd been scared off by this tom as he's terrified of him.

I do hope this tom isn't going to start coming in again or there will be trouble if I'm not around to stop it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh I laughed at the image of all of them on your bed, am surprised they let you in. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:08 pm

It could possibly be the same tom from about a year ago.... Pok has changed meows (eh... it's actuallly howls now, not meows)... every time he goes to the cattery he picks up a new one for his collection! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:09 am

pokbg wrote:It could possibly be the same tom from about a year ago.... Pok has changed meows (eh... it's actuallly howls now, not meows)... every time he goes to the cattery he picks up a new one for his collection! lol!
Hi pokbg,

No, I'm sure this is a different cat, tho' they do look very alike, but the *old* tom was all but silent, his mouth would move but 99% of the time no sound came out. He wasn't shy at coming into the house either and none of the others were bothered about him being here, but the way my lot and next doors react to the *new* tom is totally different. They're all scared of him and howl the place down when he's around, I reckon he's the neighbourhood bully, which is a shame as he's ok with me now he knows I'll feed him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Ian B wrote:
pokbg wrote:It could possibly be the same tom from about a year ago.... Pok has changed meows (eh... it's actuallly howls now, not meows)... every time he goes to the cattery he picks up a new one for his collection! lol!
Hi pokbg,

No, I'm sure this is a different cat, tho' they do look very alike, but the *old* tom was all but silent, his mouth would move but 99% of the time no sound came out. He wasn't shy at coming into the house either and none of the others were bothered about him being here, but the way my lot and next doors react to the *new* tom is totally different. They're all scared of him and howl the place down when he's around, I reckon he's the neighbourhood bully, which is a shame as he's ok with me now he knows I'll feed him.

Ian

He must sense you have a soft spot for black cats. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:48 pm

Teddy wrote:
Ian B wrote:
Hi pokbg,

Ian

He must sense you have a soft spot for black cats. Laughing
In his case it's a black cat with a strangely shaped head/face, it's almost oval. I've never seen a cat that looked like him before that's for sure.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Well, if the oportunity arrises you'll have to take a piccy of his strangely shaped head. Bless him, he knows a friendly face when he sees one.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down