For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In season

+3
maddymoo
*Prince*
nicola
7 posters

Go down

In season Empty In season

Post by nicola Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:51 pm

Saffy is in season and is driving me mad In season 265331 .

She is having to stay in the house and not go out (there is no way there is going to be any kittens in this house) but she is being such a cow, she is constantly calling and the noise she is making is unreal,she kept us up all last night with the noise and now she has beaten up poor Lilly and is throwing herself at the windows and doors to get out In season 265331 .

I do feel sorry for her as it's not nice at all to see a cat in season and I wish I had had her spayed but my vets recommend me to wait till she was 11-12 months old before doing it as she is so small, but seeing the way she is now I wish I had not listened and had her done anyway.

I know when Lilly come into season (her only time before she was done) it only lasted about 3 days so I'm hoping that it will soon be over and she can be booked into the vets to be done.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

In season Empty Re: In season

Post by *Prince* Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Oh shame, poor Saffy, and poor you guys! I cant imagine what the noise is like, Ive never heard it. Sounds dreadful! Here's hoping it only lasts a few days Nic Nic.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:11 pm

I do hope so, at the moment she is throwing herself at the window as there is a big black tom cat sitting outside my house!

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:17 pm

Poor Saffy and poor you! Hopefully it won't last long. 11/12 months does seem awfully old mind! I don't know but it does seem a bit overly cautious. We're racking our brains here to work out how old Boo was as our vets waited until she was bigger as she was so small (I remember posting being upset as I thought she was way too little when she did get spayed! lol! But all was well).... I think our vet possibly wanted to wait until she 6months (and she was very small!), and I dragged it out a bit longer to be sure.
Oh Nic it must be awful watching her. I think I'd book her in ASAP to get done, if she's big enough to beat up Lilly I'm sure she'll be fine! Good luck. x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 pm

nicola wrote:I do hope so, at the moment she is throwing herself at the window as there is a big black tom cat sitting outside my house!
ROFL! OH I shouldn't laugh... but the image I got in my head of a "sex starved" Saffy is hilarious - look out toms! lol!

Hope it will pass really soon... will you have her done asap, before it happens again? Give the little sweetheart a cuddle from me... if you can pry her away from the window! lol!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:32 pm

Yes!!!!! we will def get her done before it happens again, we did want her done before it happend but the vet was cautious as she really is so small, (she is the smallest cat i have ever seen honestly)

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine... it could be that she won't be much bigger. First kitty we ever had when I was a child was tiny, absolutely tiny... but a feisty little thing if any other female kitties happened to walk into our property.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Sophie waS a tiny thing and we did her around 5 months as she waqs making Moto's life a misery, talk about drooling everytime he came in. LOL She was fine Nicola so I would be too concerned.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:55 am

*Prince* wrote: I cant imagine what the noise is like, Ive never heard it. Sounds dreadful!

It IS a nightmare!!!! Your sweet little angel becomes a sex-craving tart and their calling just doesn't stop!!! Neil still has nightmares about the time we had a female stayiong with us that we had been assured had been spayed. SHE HADN'T!!!!! Shocked Ever time she caught the eye of one of us she would miaow and stick her bum in the air Rolling Eyes After 48 solid hours of this she was losing her voice and could only croak!!! In season 43453 Outr vet said we would have to wait a week until AFTER she'd finished calling but it just didn't work out - she'd finish, we'd book her up for her op in seven days' time and after 3-4 days she'd come back into season!!!! In season 172268 After six weeks of this I'd had enough and phoned up a different vet and he said bring her in as soon as she's finished calling and that did the trick In season 579159

Merlin & Tabtha are at the vet this coming Wednesday for their second inoculation and the vet said he's going to work out from then when to get them both neutered. Merlin has already got the cutest little nuttz and Neil has given him 'The Talk' about how Mummy is an Evil Witch and will be getting them pulled off In season 72767

Huh!!! All I said was I could have Merlin's in a small jar on the mantelpiece next to the jar containing Neil's! Twisted Evil
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by siam*mum Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 am

if she is still calling and driving you mad just give her half a piriton tablet
it will quieten her down so you can get some sleep . if she is not ready to be spayed then the vet can give her some overid tablets which knocks the calling off you only give alf a tablet every day for 3 days and give it to her in a morning
twiggy has just gone on them as she is a breeding queen but i dont want to breed off her at the moment so she has theses it also reduces the risk of pyometra
good luck and i hope this helps
siam*mum
siam*mum
Kitty-Chatter
Kitty-Chatter

Number of posts : 171
Cat(s): : Twiggy,Petal,Madge & Jack

http://www.siamaiden.bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content