For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another late night visitor

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another late night visitor Empty Another late night visitor

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:06 am

Hi All,

I was sat there at 11.30pm last night when I heard the flap go, and as Fudge, William and Bola were in the living room and I knew GT was asleep on the landing, I got up to check. I knew it wasn't next doors cats as they would have come into the living room or gone upstairs, and I got into the kitchen just in time to see a dark tail going thro' the flap and could just about make out a cat heading for a gap in the fence when I opened the back door.

I thought no more about it and sat down again, but I'd no sooner done that when I heard the flap open a second time, so up I got again, only to see the same tail going thro' the flap when I got into the kitchen. This happened a third time, and thinking it must be the spraying black tom looking for food, I put a bowl down on the doorstep and locked the flap then sat down again. A few minutes later there was a desperate scratching at the flap and when I opened the door the mystery cat had gone and the food was untouched, so I don't think it was the spraying tom. I checked again before going to bed and the food had gone so unlocked the flap, but judging by GT's attitude this morning I think this cat may well have called again while I was asleep.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Another late night visitor Empty Re: Another late night visitor

Post by Teddy Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 am

So with this *new* one, how many have you got now??? Laughing Another late night visitor 874166
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:03 am

Teddy wrote:So with this *new* one, how many have you got now??? Laughing Another late night visitor 874166
Too many Laughing

There's just a chance it was the spraying tom, but he's so vocal when he calls during the day I can't see it and he's too nervous about actually coming in, tho' things maybe different at night.

I'm half hoping it's a white cat with a tail like a meerkat that I've seen hanging round recently, but even tho' it was late at night I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have looked so dark if it was this one..........time will tell I guess as it found food here so no doubt it will be back Wink

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 pm

yes it will definately be back. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Teddy wrote:yes it will definately be back. Laughing
He's has just called and filled his face on some food I'd thrown onto the back garden lawn, but he legged it as soon as I opened the door. From what little I managed to see, he is the double of Black Tom, the same way of running, the same bushy tail (and I guess semi long fur) even down to the way he holds his tail when running...............I'm saying it's a tom, he just looks like a tom to me, but either way I'm as sure as I can be this is a newcomer round my place.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:18 pm

You seem to have an abundance of black or B&W cats round your way Ian, aren't there any tabbies? Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Teddy wrote:You seem to have an abundance of black or B&W cats round your way Ian, aren't there any tabbies? Laughing
Black and ginger cats Kath, don't forget the latter Wink Now you mention tabbies, thinking about it, I only know of a few confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:11 pm

No I wasn't forgetting the ginger ones Laughing it's just you've never mentioned tabbies that I remember anyway. Another late night visitor 428121
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:55 am

He called again last night at 10.30, and was in the kitchen when I saw him. For some reason he didn't hear me get up from my chair and only realised I was there when I switched the light on, poor sod was terrified and soon bolted thro' the flap.

It's definitely not spraying black tom, this one is bigger and doesn't make anywhere near as much noise miaowing. I ended up putting a bowl of food on the doorstep (that none of mine like) and locking the flap............that food must be horrible as only half was gone when I next looked Laughing

'EDIT'

I can't help wondering if this cat is scaring William away, I haven't seen Will since very early yesterday IIRC, and it's unusual he doesn't stay the night, especiallly when the weather is as bad as it was last night. He does disappear every now and again, so perhaps he's just gone *home* again.

'EDIT 2'

I'd no sooner pressed enter for the last edit and he came trotting into my bedroom Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:00 am

hahahahaha bless him, he's keeping you on your toes.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 am

Teddy wrote:hahahahaha bless him, he's keeping you on your toes.
If he keeps turning his nose up at food he'll be feeling my toes on his backside before long Evil or Very Mad Laughing

He's gone out again............but not before only eating a little bit of some usually guaranteed-to-be-eaten-in-seconds beef spread. If that won't tempt him something is wrong confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

cats and food??? god it's a nigtmare. When I took in Sparky last Sunday I asked her owner (then owner LOL) what she ate, *oh she's not fussy, anything*, what a load of Another late night visitor 265331 She hardly touches anything, she ate the KITTEN food I gave her, well I was desperate by this point, and she's nibble some biscuits but that's it. confused
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm

He's come back in but barely touched some raw minced beef, and is now hiding under the chair in my bedroom confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Funny how this has veered OT, but still Laughing

William went out about 9.45 this morning and I didn't see him again till just after 5pm, but at least he ate some minced beef and drank a bit of cat milk this time........before going straight out again. For a cat who could sleep for England this is very strange.........he must be feeling ok, but *something* has spooked him confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:21 pm

You could be right though, this new black cat has maybe spooked him right enough.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Teddy wrote:You could be right though, this new black cat has maybe spooked him right enough.
It's looking that way Kath, about 90 minutes ago Fudge turned on GT (poor sod, all he wanted to do was sit near the fire)..........pretty much the first time she's even so much as looked at him, but she's been in a *mood* as well today.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 pm

So that's at least two cats that are unsettled and I doubt it's coincidence. But look how they all tolerate each other after a time, so the same thing could happen again. As for GT, bless him, he must feel put upon with Fudge. Laughing
You have the patience of a saint, I am driven nuts just with the scrapping that goes on between Moto and Sophie.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Teddy wrote:So that's at least two cats that are unsettled and I doubt it's coincidence. But look how they all tolerate each other after a time, so the same thing could happen again. As for GT, bless him, he must feel put upon with Fudge. Laughing
You have the patience of a saint, I am driven nuts just with the scrapping that goes on between Moto and Sophie.
I feel really sorry for GT tbh, he'll only come into the living room now when I'm there, the rest of the time he's either asleep on the stairs or the landing windowsill, tho' he can't get up there once the curtains are closed.

Even tho' he's much, much bigger than Fudge, there'd only be one winner in a fight and it wouldn't be him. Not least because of his claws, besides being permanently out and very brittle, they're also amazingly blunt, I guess thro' everyday walking about, but they wouldn't be much use in a proper fight.

I would have thought Bola would have been the most spooked of them all if something had happened as he's made it obvious he doesn't like (he growls and snarls, but only from a safe distance Laughing) the mystery tom even being in the garden let alone if he'd come into the house.

Patience.....moi???? Shocked Far from it, I just like cats so I can forgive them most things Wink Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Patience.....moi???? Shocked Far from it, I just like cats so I can forgive them most things

So do I but they still drive me nuts. LOL Allthough right now my two are sound asleep.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:32 am

No William again today Crying or Very sad I hope he's gone back *home* or at least found somewhere warm and dry to stay.

A cat went thro' the flap at a rate of knotts when I was going downstairs earlier, so I can only assume my visitor had come in and stayed overnight. GT and Fudge were fast asleep so they hadn't noticed a stranger, Bola was wide awake and his usual self so he hadn't either.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:55 pm

He's just turned up in my bedroom, had a bite to eat and has gone again............this is getting bizarre confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:17 am

William was in when I got home yesterday afternoon and hasn't been out since, so hopefully he's got over his *scare* He's eating normally as well now, so all looks back to normal.

'EDIT'

Oh, and my visitor called again at 10 last night...........and again at 10.20............and again at 10.40...........I'd had enough by then and locked the flap. I took a chance, unlocked the flap a bit later but shut the kitchen door in the hope that none of mine would want to go out, they didn't as luck would have it, but I think he must have come in as the water bowl in the kitchen was empty this morning.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:55 pm

ROFL! Oh you definately have a sign on your house only cats can read!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:49 pm

It's like a drop in daycare centre. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:35 pm

maddymoo wrote:ROFL! Oh you definately have a sign on your house only cats can read!
It's more likely to be the local cat grapevine Laughing There must be something in that idea, I can't see cats wandering round looking for cat flaps on the off chance one might be open and there being food inside.

Teddy wrote:It's like a drop in daycare centre. LOL
Too right, my visitor has just scarpered out of the hall as I came out of the living room, he'd obviously found the remnants of a chicken wing GT had all but devoured, the poor sod must be hungry if he's happy eating the bone fragments GT leaves Laughing

On the subject of GT and chicken wings................why can't he eat them where I put them? He always picks them up and runs off with it, and it's only the crunching of bones that give me a clue as to where he's taken it confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content