For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog scare late last night

4 posters

Go down

Dog scare late last night Empty Dog scare late last night

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:00 am

As is the cat fight wasn't bad enough..............

I was in the kitchen with Max at 11.30 and it was obvious he wanted to go out but even tho' he was staring thro' the flap *something* was stopping him and I didn't have to wait long to find out what. A dog had somehow got into my garden and had gone after a cat by the sound of things Shocked

Max was safe indoors but Bola had just gone out and Fudge/Stripey had been out a while so cue panic stations. I grabbed my trusty wind up torch and rushed out to see what was going on but the dog had gone by then, tho' how it had got in baffled me as my front gate was shut and even tho' there's still no fence up serperating my and the loony neighbours garden, his front gate was also shut confused

I found Fudge on my shed roof and she needed no encouragement to come in this time, but no sign of Bola. I stayed up later than usual waiting for him to come in and when he didn't, went out looking for him. Still no sign then right out of the blue he crept downstairs, he must have come in while I was out and had been hiding under my bed as I'd had a quick look around the house and not seen him.

WTF was a dog doing out alone at that time of night? Evil or Very Mad If it comes back and goes for them again it'd better be insured as I'll sure as hell take no prisoners in rescuing my cats.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Dog scare late last night Empty Re: Dog scare late last night

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 pm

At that time of night it could either be a stray which jumped the gate, or some irresponsible owner, opens their door lets the dog out and 10 mins later shouts for it to come back.
Not good on both accounts.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Interesting update, could be just coincidence, but then again............

I was in the back garden and couldn't help overhearing my neighbour talking to her mother and saying their shed had been broken into last night with all sorts of non valuable stuff taken. The coincidence being a thieving scum now lives on the next road after recently being let out of prison and shed break-ins are about his limit of his *abilities* Rolling Eyes

I can't say as I know him that well but those that do describe him as being as thick as pig sh#t, so breaking in somewhere at that time and being stupid enough to take a dog with him wouldn't be out of character. He could easily reach the shed, especially as he'd be approaching it via a now empty house and even tho' it wasn't that late, there'd be no lights on nearby.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Well it all fits. Jeez, like you need some eejit like that sneaking around at night, just hope he sticks to sheds, hope you've good security Ian.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 pm

No security as such, but anybody breaking into my shed and trying to steal my mower/strimmer/etc, is in for a shock as they're all fastened to a very dodgy overhead shelf laden with all sorts of heavy rubbish. The first pull on anything in there will, if not bring it all down on their idiot heads, make enough noise to wake the dead. I take my life in my hands each time I go in to get something out/put it back Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Laughing I was thinking while reading this, that you would have to be careful, can just see theh headline now** Man concussed after shed shelf falls on him** Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:30 pm

If the shelf contents don't do it and they're still around when I go out, I will.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:04 am

I think this needs a photo, sounds worse than ours and that's saying something, Steve has even cleared ours, oh aye believe that if you want Laughing Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:42 am

Our shed has been cleared out loads of times but still manages to get crammed full again. Caught Mary coming out of there the other day, just hope nothing falls on her.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:09 pm

Teddy wrote:I think this needs a photo, sounds worse than ours and that's saying something, Steve has even cleared ours, oh aye believe that if you want Laughing Rolling Eyes
Pics? Here we go then.

Like all jerry built council property round here the sheds are brick and concrete and split into 3 sections, a small shed space, a coalhouse and one that used to be a outside loo. My lawnmower etc are all kept in the middle section which used to contain our coal, tho' you won't be able to tell by looking at this pic Laughing

Dog scare late last night 110

Lawnmower tied to the very dodgy overhead shelf

Dog scare late last night 210

The odds are anybody wouldn't notice the thick nylon string at night and just grab the mower, but the moment it's moved the shelf will be down on them. I've got some thick dark wire which will be better than the string, certainly less noticable anyway, tho' I'll be getting a cheap padlock and have enough chain knocking about to be able to secure everything to the wall...............when I get round to doing t.

Ian

Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

HAHAHAHA OMG, that shelf is a death trap, apart from that it all looks tidy enough, I'll show you ours. Well I would but the host image thing isn't working, but it's a right mess.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Teddy wrote:HAHAHAHA OMG, that shelf is a death trap, apart from that it all looks tidy enough, I'll show you ours. Well I would but the host image thing isn't working, but it's a right mess.
Yep, I'm nervous every time I go in and I know what it's like Dog scare late last night 72767

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 am

My neighbours ended up having to put a new door on the middle section of their shed and a bolt and lock on the other. I've just noticed the door is open on the latter (if they didn't forget to lock it yesterday) the new door is fine but the 3rd door is open as well and it wasn't yesterday. They're going to be mighty peed off if someone has broke in again.

I heard nothing last night, tho' this could be down to the increase in one of my meds knocking me out as I'm now getting a good nights sleep (cats permitting)

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:41 pm

The Dog scare late last night 265331 dog reappeared this afternoon, it sounded like the same one anyway and it's a big bugger, the sort that would only *listen* to a table leg, which coincidentally I now have propped up near the back door since the break in next door...............and I won't hesitate for a second to use it if the dog goes for any of my lot, or me if I have to go out to rescue them.

Bola and Max were out at the time and with both of them liking to sleep curled up at the foot of the washing line post, they'd have been easy targets. I didn't see Bola for 90 minutes and Max for well over 2 hours after the dog had gone. Heart in mouth time while I was waiting for them to come home.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:53 am

I would be sick to my stomach if that were happening to my cat. I have a neighbor dog that has likely killed over a hundred cats that dared to wander close by over the past years. It is a Chocolate Labrador and it is a very vicious dog. I have never had a cat that goes outside for fear of something like that happening. I would immediately go into heart failure if my kitty got out of my house because I know all too well that dog would end her life in a short time.

I don't know how the dog got in your yard originally but I have seen dogs scale a 6 foot fence like it was nothing more then a rope lying on the floor. If they want in, they will go in. The fact that this dog has come back again suggest he KNOWS where the prey is and is bound and determine to get them. Can you keep your cats in for awhile? Do you have an animal control you can call about the dog? I hope your kitties are safe.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:26 am

Hi Inga,

*If* the dogs owner would just control it there'd be no problems, but letting it seemingly roam free is just asking for trouble. I could pay for new fencing and while that would stop it getting into my garden it wouldn't stop my cats from wandering and they may meet elsewhere. It could be jumping fences but I think it more likely it's gaining access to my garden thro' a hedge at the front of my ex neighbours now empty house.

I haven't a clue who the dog belongs to, there are literally 100's of houses nearby, it could be any one of them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Inga Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:56 pm

I worry about my new girl sneaking out. My old cat never wanted to go out and even when the door was propped open, she wouldn't go near the open door. This new cat I don't know well enough to trust yet but I surely won't let her out. There are too many dangers outside that it isn't worth it to me. I would die if I saw my cat get hit by a car or killed by a dog. If she were to wander into their yard it could easily happen.
Inga
Inga

Number of posts : 17
Cat(s): : Madeline the DSH
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Gee you two have your worries there, Inga that dog sounds gruesome, isn't there anything that can be done about it, sounds really dangerous. is it tied up or would it go for anyone entering the yard?
Ian, I like the fact you're prepared for anything untoward happening, but I had a snigger at the image of an old table leg propped up against the door. Dog scare late last night 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down