For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long?

5 posters

Go down

How long? Empty How long?

Post by nicola Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 pm

How long is a cat pregnant for dose anyone know?

A family that lived a few doors way from me moved home a few months ago but their cat still keeps coming back to the old house and sleeping in the shed, I have the lady's phone number and have phoned her to let her know where the cat is but tbh she's not that bothered as they have just got a new kitten and she said the old cat will not come home as it doesn't like the new kitten.

Today it was in my garden looking for food (I always put some out for her) and I saw her being mated by a big ginger tom cat, now I don't know if she has been spayed or not (do cats still mate if they have been spayed?).

If this cat has not been spayed and is now preggers I don't really want it hanging around my garden ( I know that sounds awful but I have had my fill of kittens and don't want any more in this house)

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

How long? Empty Re: How long?

Post by maddymoo Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:18 pm

I asked our good friend google who said 63-66 days following mating. As for spayed cats still mating, when we lived in North Shields there was a big tom that kept trying to have his wicked way with Mads (who's spayed)! She kept telling him off but he wouldn't learn! So I guess some toms are like blokes, and want it whenever, wherever and with whoever! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:52 pm

IT's about 9 weeks like helen said, goodness knows if they still mate after spaying, my rabbits were still trying to after they had been neutered, dirty little sods. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 pm

nicola wrote:she's not that bothered as they have just got a new kitten and she said the old cat will not come home as it doesn't like the new kitten.
I think that's horrible... not caring for the kitty anymore as a new kitten is there.

Glad to hear you're keeping an eye out for the kitty! Yes, I think it's between 63-67 days they're pregnant. Here's hoping she's been spayed. Bless!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:50 pm

pokbg wrote:
nicola wrote:she's not that bothered as they have just got a new kitten and she said the old cat will not come home as it doesn't like the new kitten.
I think that's horrible... not caring for the kitty anymore as a new kitten is there.

I agree Pokbg. That kind of attitude makes my blood boil and upsets me beyond belief. How long? 265331 How long? 975384 People do it when they have kids too, like we've heard of on here before.
I just cant imagine EVER feeling less for Princey if another kitty came along.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

You maybe better contacting CP Nicola, if her owners aren't looking after her properly and she hasn't been neutered, the best thing for her is to be cared for with CP and then they'll either re-home her and/or spay her if need be.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Aye, CP sounds like a good idea Nic, especially if she is pregnant. x
maddymoo