For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been away too long!!

5 posters

Go down

Been away too long!! Empty Been away too long!!

Post by Kaz Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:59 pm

Not any of my cats, thank heavens! Just me from here. All my kits are happy and well, hope all you and your kitties have all been good.

I have had a few little dramas, most of them based around Jax, my little escape artist.....he's still testing my enclosed garden, by finding any flaws! His latest one was squeezing through a small hole in the bottom fence, then coming back in, not sure it was the same way he got out, as I didn't see him get in, I was busily getting shoes on to rush out and rescue him from my neighbours shed roof, his favourite place when he escapes! Another night with all cats having to be kept in until I could get the fence fixed!

Would also like to ask anyone with a chair or sofa that reclines, have you ever had a problem with a cat getting trapped in the chair/sofa when in the recline position, do you have to train them to keep out? I've just got a new sofa that has 2 recliners.
Kaz
Kaz

Number of posts : 18
Cat(s): : 4, 1 Moggy, 3 Birman
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Been away too long!! Empty Re: Been away too long!!

Post by Teddy Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Kaz.
Oh you do have your work cut out for you with Jax. just so glad he doesn't wander away, at least when he's on the shed roof, he's letting you know where he is Laughing

We did have a recliner but only one cat at the time and they wasn't a problem, I'm not sure what you could do, we do have a problem with a sofa bed in my studio, Sophie occasionally goes betweem the seat and the backrest and slides herself down into the cavity where the actual mattress is, I jusr stick cushios down now, Laughing not very practical for you though.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm

New sofa with Jax & Twinks....

Been away too long!! DSC02613

Been away too long!! DSC02593
Kaz
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Teddy wrote:Hi Kaz.
Oh you do have your work cut out for you with Jax. just so glad he doesn't wander away, at least when he's on the shed roof, he's letting you know where he is Laughing

We did have a recliner but only one cat at the time and they wasn't a problem, I'm not sure what you could do, we do have a problem with a sofa bed in my studio, Sophie occasionally goes betweem the seat and the backrest and slides herself down into the cavity where the actual mattress is, I jusr stick cushios down now, Laughing not very practical for you though.

Thanks for your reply. Yes Jax is a funny one always makes a racket when he escapes! I know all he needs is coaxing round so I can reach him!

I think with the sofa situation I'll just have to be careful when I recline it and watch out for the cats! Very Happy
Kaz
Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice to hear from you Kaz, and glad all your kits are well (including Houdini, erm Jax) Been away too long!! 43453
All is well with Prince (still gets the odd niggle with a knee problem - cruciate ligament - he had a couple of years ago, and limps every now and then - most certainly NOT helped with the fact that he is still a right chunky monkey!) Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Not a reclining sofa Kaz, but I've got a recliner and I tend not to use it much now as the sofa is far comfier. I was worried about one of them being under it when I closed it, but as long as they didn't get themselves trapped in the mechanism it was easy for them to escape at the back.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:13 pm

Hi kaz welcome back.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down