For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Both in my bad books ... but for how long?

4 posters

Go down

Both in my bad books ... but for how long? Empty Both in my bad books ... but for how long?

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 am

Both Bonnie and Malo have caused me some grief yesterday evening and first thing this morning. It started when I got home from work and let Malo out. Strangely, just quarter of an hour later he was back in, so I knew something was up. The tufts of fur hanging off him and his skewiff mouth immediately indicated he had been involved in a fight, but added to this was a claw hanging from his eye. I managed to remove said claw without too much difficulty but have no idea whether it caused real damage or not. He wouldn't let us too close for a long while, and when he did it didn't appear that he was hurt to any great extent. Malo woke me at about 4 scratching at the barrier we have put up to prevent him from getting into the front room (closing the door doesn't do the trick as he has learnt to open it, but then becomes trapped inside as he can't open it the other way).

Then to this morning. Bonnie as usual had her trip to the litter tray and struggled to cover up her mess, then went to eat at her food station in the kitchen. Unbeknown to me, she still had a little turd attached to her fur, which dropped onto the kitchen floor and was promptly trodden in by yours truly. As soon as I realised (the smell gave the game away) I had to get down on my knees and clean the kitchen floor. Not something I want to do first thing in the morning so I wasn't best pleased. Bonnie headed back off to bed, sheepishly, and tried to hide herself. I hadn't admonished her at all, so she knew in herself that something bad had happened.

Finally, I go out to catch the bus to work and crossed a very very busy A road to do so, and who should I find in the garden next to the bus-stop - Malo. The first indication that he crosses this road. Upon seeing me, he ran back across and headed home. Happily there was no traffic at the time, but he is nevertheless in my bad books. They both are ... but never for long.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Both in my bad books ... but for how long? Empty Re: Both in my bad books ... but for how long?

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:47 am

Ouch, the claw sceanario sounds nasty Joanne Shocked hopefully there's no damage to his eye.

As for the turd, I think we've all been there at some point. I washed all the net curtains last night and rehung them first thing today................but I've just noticed the one in the livingroom looks like one of my lot has wiped it's bum on it Shocked Both in my bad books ... but for how long? 975384

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Both in my bad books ... but for how long? Empty Re: Both in my bad books ... but for how long?

Post by *Prince* Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Oh dear Joanne, NOT a good night/morning! Hopefully there is no damage to his eye, and as for the poop - Both in my bad books ... but for how long? 43453 Im sorry, I know I shouldnt, but i cant help myself.
The road thing is NOT GOOD - same thing happened tome the other week at 6am one morning - came across Prince fighting in the middle of a main road with another cat - like you, no traffic at that time, but I was ill after that! Just didnt realise he bothered to go that far, what with all the fields and woods he has to play in!
He did the same - when he heard my voice, he shot off across the road, through the school grounds and down into the lane!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 am

I can see the funny side of the poop thing, although I couldn't at the time, and Bonnie is long forgiven - after all she couldn't help it and I think she was embarrassed and worried about the whole affair too - their sense of smell being all the more greater than ours it couldn't have been pleasant for her.

I have been able to check Malo over - he was quite accommodating last night - and there doesn't appear to be anything to worry about. He even let me wipe his eyes, so all seems to be OK.

As for him crossing the road - nothing we can do about that.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Oh, I know only too well the poop thing, poor Twinks being the usual culprit! She hates me helping her too! As for the wrong side of the road is an awful worry, I used to get told all sorts of stories about my cats from people who'd seen my cats where they shouldn't be, even Sparky has been noticed by a neighbour lying in the middle of the road! I was horrified, she said they had to wait for him to move before they could drive into our close, thank heavens it was my cat loving next door neighbour and not a speed loving younger driver (we do have them here!). Thankfully my big lad has been lucky with the road so far! Hope your kits stay away from those rotten busy roads, I have lost far too many precious cats to the road in the past...
Kaz
Kaz

Number of posts : 18
Cat(s): : 4, 1 Moggy, 3 Birman
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:19 am

We used to live further down this same road, when we had our Joseph, but on the other side. Joseph was a terror for crossing the road, especially if he saw us, he would run to be with us. Then one day he was hit by a car. Happily no internal injuries, just scalped and he lost his claws (apparently a tell tale sign of a car incident). He quickly recovered, but never went near the road again. Then we got Bonnie who panics quite readily and would easily run out into the road and get hurt, so we have put up a barrier that she cannot get over (one good thing about her being a tad overweight) so she never gets anywhere near the road. Malo is another story though. When we found him, a stray and feral cat, he was hanging out near some very major roads, so it looked as though he was quite streetwise. We would not be able to prevent him from getting out front as he clambers over the roofs with no problems, and would get around any barriers, netting etc. we might otherwise think of putting in place. We will just have to hope that he prefers the gardens around the back of us and so stays away from the main road, and that he is otherwise careful/lucky.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down