For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sicky Isis :(

+2
maddymoo
Ali
6 posters

Go down

Sicky Isis :( Empty Sicky Isis :(

Post by Ali Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 am

Poor Isis threw up on the bathroom floor tonight. I don;t know why as when we were eating dinner she was doing her usual, 'can I have some of yours?'. I didn't give her anything as she's had enough treats over the past day. I gave her a small bit of ham yesterday which she enjoyed.
The sick looked like (sorry if it's TMI) cat biscuits and a yellowy liquid (I don't ever give her milk, just water). I wonder if she was trying to get rid of a hairball? There was no hair in the sick.
She's been perfectly fine today, charging around like a loon and as soon as she was sick, it was straight to the food bowl to scoff more food. I've checked on her as she's in the bedroom, and she appears fine. No third eye, lethargy or anything like that. Sorry, I'm just worrying a bit as she has never ever been sick since we've had her. I'll keep an eye on her tonight and tomorrow. She's probably had a hairball to get rid of or she might have gotten too excited. Gosh we do worry don't we? And Isla threw up on my arm while I was at my mate's earlier today :( But she's fine, I'm the one who can't cope with sick, animal or human.....
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sicky Isis :( Empty Re: Sicky Isis :(

Post by maddymoo Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 am

Oh dear, poor Isis. If she's fine in herself, then I wouldn't worry too much, just do as you're doing and keep an eye on her. The sick you described sounds like how Mads' sick sometimes is (oh aren't we lovely! LOL), she's prob just wolfed her food too much or had a bit of an upset tum for some reason, whatever it is, as she seems fine now, she prob 'got rid' of it. You're right tho, we do all worry ourselves sick (pardon the pun) over our kitties. Give her a little hug from me (and Isla too) x
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 am

Thanks Helen! She seems OK now, she's on the beanbag in the living room behind me asleep of course! Gah, I'm probably worrying about nothing!! I have given her a big hug and she is comfortably curled up now. We had a crappy Fray Bentos pie for dinner (well, I didn't eat much of it as it was horrible) and Dave thought I'd given her some of that, thank God I didn't...She was just being a greedy cat I think.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 am

ARGH! I've just realised as I went to the loo, I bet she's been eating the cat litter. She does do that from time to time. What a dope I am! Sicky Isis :( 172268
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Ali,

Ginger Tom often (too often tbh) does that, but seems fine otherwise. It's usually liquid he brings back that by the time I find it has dried and is mainly hair so I guess he's coughing up furballs. He also went thro' a spell of eating litter, but that was a clay based litter and since switching to wood based, it's not happened again. I only realised he'd been eating litter when I found some after he'd been sick one time.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Ah thanks Ian. Yes, I've caught Isis chomping on the cat litter that's been kicked out of the tray onto the floor, and have tried to discourage her. She's absolutely fine today and demanded some tuna when I was making Dave some tuna mix for his jacket potato, so I gave her a small amount. I guess it was the eating of the cat litter or a hairball...
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:21 pm

GT has been retching for England today, and has been sick twice that I've seen (both almost all liquid+fur) first in the house and then in the back garden.............but he demanded food seconds later both times confused He seems fine otherwise, even playful again, but something has disagreed with him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 pm

Funny how some cats are Right Old Retchers, and others arent.
Princey has only been sick once in the time we've had him, yet my old cat Pebbles used to puke ALL the time!
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:03 am

My two sometimes bring up yellow liquid, mainly with bits of grass in, but they are usually alright afterwards.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 am

So happy to hear she's back to her own self! Cat sick is never nice, and if not something a cat will normally do worry will set in at once (I don't worry if BG is sick, as she's often sick from eating way too fast). Naughty girl for eating litter!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Yeah she's absolutely fine now the little tinker! She did have me worried for a bit!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content