For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is Isis?

4 posters

Go down

Where is Isis? Empty Where is Isis?

Post by Ali Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I took Isla to the village park today to get her out the house as she's ill with a nasty cough and cold and I thought the fresh air would do her good. At the same time I let Isis out as I went to feed the neighbours' cats. While walking down our street Isis was following us, so I encouraged her to walk with us to the park which she seemed happy about. I didn't stay long with Isla and Isis at the park and on walking back let Isis follow us. She was fine and happy following us a little behind and while walking up the main street a car was driving up slowly (the driver must have seen that Isis was my cat) and let Isis run up the road. She then dived under a car parked on the main street and stayed there. By this time, Isla and I had got to the little alleyway to cut thru to my street and I called her but she stayed under the car. I had to carry on and ger home coz our jeans were soaking at the bottom due to long wet grass in the park and I didn't want to keep Isla out too long coz of her cold. We got home and there was no sign of Isis which I didn't mind coz I knew she'd come home when she's hungry. That was about 11am, it's now 5pm and I haven't seen her all day. I've been out calling her but she hasn't returned. I'm worried in case she's been run over (not likely I hope in a very quiet village), she's lost her way, got shut in etc. I don't like her being out at night either. I'm so worried about her. Surely she'd know how to get home? She goes out all the time and always comes back and it's not a big village either. I hope she's OK. I've been crying coz it would devastate me if something happened to her, she's only 4 year old Crying or Very sad
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Where is Isis? Empty Re: Where is Isis?

Post by *Prince* Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh Ali, I hope she turns up soon, I really feel for you. Going through Princey just running off earlier, and I feel physically sick - even though he is home now. Crying or Very sad
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks Nicki. My stomach's in knots and the tears are coming thick and fast now. I wish she'd come home. I don't know whether to go out and look but I'm on my own with Isla til Dave gets back at 7.30 and I can't take her out with me at night with this cold she's got. She is chipped but doesn;t wear a collar. I've just looked outside again and it seems it's going to be a frosty night and I don't want Isis out on a night like that. I don't know what else to do.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Update: The little monster has turned up! I'm so relieved I'm practically hyperventilating!! She must have enjoyed herself exploring so much and now she's hungry and has come home! She just sauntered thru the back door when I opened it as if nowt had happened and is now happily washing her paws!!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Brilliant news Ali Where is Isis? 579159 but typical cat behaviour Rolling Eyes Doing this in summer would be understandable, but not when winter sets in, but that's the typical cat.

For all my lot being very much outdoor cats, I still start to panic if I don't see them for a few hours. Even Buddy and I should know by now he's happy at being *missing* for anything up to 12 hours, he's enough street nous to avoid coming to any harm, but it doesn't stop me worrying.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks Ian, I was probably overreacting, but it is a worry isn't it? Especially like as you say, it's winter and a strange thing for a cat to just 'go off'. At my parents' we had a cat called Smokey who was a feral and she used to just go off for weeks on end in the summer for her 'summer holidays' as we called it. So I ought to be used to it.... Rolling Eyes
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Ali,

It's better people worry/overreact than not care at all.

Even after all the time Buddy has been here, if I've not seen him for some time before I go to bed it still means a disturbed nights sleep. It wouldn't be so bad if he came in and woke me when he comes in as the others do, sure it annoys me at the time but at least I could get back to *proper* sleep.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Ali, just caught up with this thread - so sorry I didn't intervene quicker. It is always a worry when our cats do something different and we cannot help ourselves imagining all sorts of scenarios. Am just glad that Isis turned up and is back home where she belongs. When the little darlings act as if nothing out of the ordinary has happened, it makes us feel that we have over-reacted, but it is perfectly understandable to be worried. Nice to have a happy ending.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Glad to hear Isis got home safe and sound - such a worry.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:40 pm

Thanks all. Ooh she did have me worried!
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content