For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isis, come in NOW!!

3 posters

Go down

Isis, come in NOW!! Empty Isis, come in NOW!!

Post by Ali Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Ooooh she's a madam! Twice she has refused to come in when it's dark and just sits outside the open window giving me a look as if to say 'yeah, I'll come in when I'm ready, OK?' She's a little bully too haha. I've seen her chase off this lovely little tabby cat who belong to a neighbour at the bottom of our road. She's really becoming quite confident in the big wide world which is great to see. I was slightly worried that she would be frightened of other cats given that she's been a house cat for the first 3 years of her life and had never ventured outside or had any contact with other cats. Will have to get some pics of her outside and post on here.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Isis, come in NOW!! Empty Re: Isis, come in NOW!!

Post by Jojolabanane Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:37 pm

It is great when they discover the great outdoors. Bonnie is very much a house cat - of her choosing, and spends much of her time just inside the conservatory door, with it wide open, and contemplating whether to put a paw out or not. I have discovered that if we leave the door open for a while after dark, she does like to go out to explore a little. Maybe the dark makes her feel safer and less likely to be seen. Anyway, Bonnie always comes when we call because she thinks she might be shut out. She gallops home in great panic, with such a worried look on her face, it breaks my heart almost.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Aww bless her! I don't like Isis being out all night, I tend to worry. She stayed out all night one night and I was worried, but she appeared in the morning large as life wanting food! Usually she does come when I call her but then she sits under the window until she's ready to come in.
Ali
Ali
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1236
Cat(s): : Isis
Registration date : 2008-04-07

http://AliJones.myarbonne.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:57 am

Fully understand as we have the same issue with Malo - well slightly worse in that he never responds to calls. We do try to get him in each and every night - ever since he disappeared for a full week and worried us sick. Most nights it is quite a performance to tempt him into the house when all he wants to do is stay out. It is particularly difficult when he is sat on the roof. Our dear departed Joseph always spent his nights outdoors but every morning he was there, generally with pressies (mice, rats, voles) but he had 'farm genes' - both his parents being farm cats, so I think it was in his nature.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 am

It sounds like she's really taken to the great outdoors Ali Laughing

For all I encouraged Beckett to be a outdoor cat from day one, his first few all nighters led to sleepless nights for me. We've just got to trust they'll be ok.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down