For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddy Poorly

+2
Ian B
maddymoo
6 posters

Go down

Maddy Poorly Empty Maddy Poorly

Post by maddymoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 am

We got in last night from seeing Aussie Pink Floyd (you'd have loved them Ian, they really were fantastic!), to the sounds of Maddy crying. She was so distressed, she'd been sick everywhere and kept going back and forth from her tray, and was yowling and licking her bum (which was completely red raw). She was fine before we went out, so it would have came on quickly, I should have known something was up with her being such a cuddle bunny of late and she was licking her bum a bit yesterday. Of course, crystals were the first thing that went through our heads, so we found the emergency vets number and some of her old antibiotics from when she last had them (the vet prescribed extra for this sort of thing), they were out of date by Nov 2008, so we chucked 2 down her neck and I found a tin of S/D food that actively breaks up crystals and put some of that in her bowl, she eat some of it (must have remembered it makes her feel better) and I put out bowls of water everywhere to encourage her to drink. We stayed up for a bit to see how she went, and she thankfully settled (or we would have took her straight to the emergency vet that she hates) and then came to bed with us. Tried to jump on the bed twice and missed bless her, made it the thirsd time will a yowl and curled up next to her dad. I took the oportunity to feel her bladder to make sure it wasn't extended, which it wasn't. She is a good Moo tho as she started drinking loads of water as she knows this helps her feel better. She's a bit subdued now laying upstairs on blankee. I've off now, as am taking her to the vets for 9am. Poor Moo.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Maddy Poorly Empty Re: Maddy Poorly

Post by Ian B Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 am

Good luck at the vets later, lets hope it's nothing serious, and yeah, I'd love to see the Aussie Pink Floyd live Maddy Poorly 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:09 am

Oh poor Mads, does sound really quick whatever it is, hopefully the inevitable injections vet peter out with do the trick.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Aye, usual injections (anti-biotic and inflammatorys), she's slunk off upstairs to lay down now. She's got antibiotic tablets (more than last time as she's gotten bigger *sigh*) and cystese capsules (like horse pills so wish me luck!) and has to go back on Thursday to check its working as she has a high temp and is rather subdued. Although poorly she still managed to get her hackles up and go for the vet.... I had to pick her up and put her over my shoulder to try and calm her down, but she didn't draw blood from anyone and the vet was amazed at how well behaved she was (as she didn't get her teeth and claws in anyone lol)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 pm

LOL aye even when they're ill they can muster up that little bit of energy to show aggression.

Oh well more tablets, did you buy the pill buster from vets, so much quicker and easier to use. Hopefully these will help her, those and sleep, sleep is a biggie with me when they're ill. Fingers crossed.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:13 pm

I didn't get the pill buster, I was gunna get one for Bramble as she's the worst for getting tablets in her lol, but they were just too big for her tiney mouth (why can such a small mouth make so much noise? lol). I didn't even think about getting one for Mads, Maddy is good with normal tablets (when I say good, you know I mean not completely horrendous! lol), but one of those pill busters could have come in use for these huge horse pills! (honestly I think I'd need a pill buster to take them! lol).

I forgot to ask if she now how to stay on cystese for life or just a little while, but will ask on thurs. The vet oringinally called cystese glyco-something or other and the name rang bells, so may look it up as if she has to be on them for ever more *great* I'm sure I could get them cheaper from a health food shop as they're a dietary suplement... hmmmm *strokes chin* and they may come in an easier to swallow tablet for us wimpy humans! LOL
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear your girl is poorly Helen. Hope the meds kick in quickly and she gets better soon. (((((((((hugs to maddy moo))))))))))))
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 pm

She's been upstairs snuggling with Bramble all day. Boo's just been downstairs and settled on their sofa, so I brought Mads' food upstairs to her with the cystease broke open and hidden in lol, she's ate most of it and is now with me kneading my dressing gown. I think Boo is feeling a little left out as I'm paying more attention to Mads lol.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Oh poor Boo, can't see green cheese. She'll need a cuddles very soon too. LOL
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Teddy wrote:Oh poor Boo, can't see green cheese. She'll need a cuddles very soon too. LOL

Lol, its amazing how much hard work they can be sometimes! lol! Boo is curled up on the arm of the chair and Mads is now fast asleep snuggled up to me.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Oh no.... oh poor little Maddy-moo! And poor you too... are you ok, Helen? I know Maddy is in the best hands... but am just as worried about you. What a frightening thing, you guys were amazing keeping your cool.

Got fingers and toes crossed she'll be back to normal soon... poor little baby... give her a genle cuddle from me.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:34 am

Awww, Thank you. I'm fine, we knew what it was which makes it alot easier to deal with, had we have came in to find her yowling in pain and we had no idea why we would have been beside ourselves.

There is now a different yowling tho, she wants out and there is no way I'm letting her in case she feels rotten again and finds somewhere to hide, plus I want to keep on eye on her peeing. She's definately perked up a little bit since yesterday although is still bit floppy (if that makes sense) and spending most the time laying down on her side, but she's getting better! Yeay!

Also the horse pills! Found the perfect way to get them down her throat! I split one open this morning and disolved the powder in a small amount of water and squirted it down her mouth in a syringe.. lol, she was not impressed! lol, but it was so much easier than trying to hide it in her food or get it down her throat, I might try the same trick with her antibiotics.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Back from vet check up! She was simply awful! LOL! Instantly her hackles were up and she was growling, I put the carrier down in the room and the whole thing jumped as an aggressive Madison threw herself at the sides. The vet (a female vet wearing green *Mads hates women and hates people wearing green*) asked if I could get her out the carrier, I just looked at her at sarcastically said that I'd love to! lol! Anyhoo, she didn't attack me when I plucked her out, I put her on the table and she lurched towards the vet, hissed and swiped at her! Rofl! She asked me to turn Mads to face me, so I did and found myself cupping a hissing, growling Mads' head whilst the vet felt her belly etc. We popped her back in her carrier on the table and I then had to move the carrier onto the floor so she couldn't see the vet as the carrier jumped towards her and spat 3 times! Rofl, it was almost comical! Although not funny in the sense that its not good for Mads' FUS to get stressed like that.

She does have to go on the cystease tablets long term now and we have some diet food for her as she has to loose a minimim of 1kg. We've been advise to make her work for her food by hiding it around the house etc! Yeah right! Thats gunna work well with 2 cats each on a different diet isn't it! LOL! Especially as this new diet food for Mads encourages them to pass motions more often... can you imagine if Boo ate that! LOL!
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm

Glad to hear the little madam (and madam she certainly was at the vets! ROFL! Pok suddenly looks like meak little kitten in comparison! lol!) is feeling better. Shame she has to go on the tablets long term, and brilliant idea about the big horse pills!
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:11 pm

OMG two seperate diets, Boo pinching Mads, poo everywhere, Helen stressed, sounds about normal. glad to hear she's better helen, poor thing, who likes vets anyway. Wish I had seen that, Maddy Poorly 43453 Maddy Poorly 43453 Maddy Poorly 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm

It really was hilarious! I wanted so badly to laugh, she was like a cartoon angry cat! LOL! Thankfully she didn't go into complete psycho mode as not even her dad can touch her when she's like that!

Aye... normality returned... but why can't normality be a bit easier? lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Oh the imagery! Maddy Poorly 72767
Not gonna be easy Helen, with their different diets.
Princey STILL hasnt lost any weight, and we know how important it is, for many reasons, one being the weight on his bad knee, but I swear we still weight out every morsel he eats and still............... *shrugs shoulders*
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 pm

Glad to hear she's feeling now Maddy Poorly 579159

On the subject of cats and vets, I felt pretty stupid after warning the vet that both Black Tom and Beckett didn't like strangers, let alone being handled by them in a strange place, so to expect the worst, only for both to be as soft as putty when the carrier was opened Embarassed Laughing I fully expected carnage for a few minutes, but not a bit of it.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Hahaha anything to prove you wrong Ian.