For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddy Injured

+4
Teddy
Ian B
nicola
maddymoo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maddy Injured Empty Maddy Injured

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:14 am

Well, we had a vets trip afterall, but not for Boo, for Moo. She came in wailing in pain stumbling and hobbling guarding her 'good' front leg and wouldn't let us touch either so we took her to see the out of hours vet they are registered with. Looks like she may have a fractured shoulder at worse and ligament, soft tissue damage at best. She's been given pain killers and if she doesn't improve or is still limping in a week, we are to take her back for an x-ray. She may have damaged her leg with the metal plate in too, but as she won't allow that one to be handled at the best of times we don't know.

She is not a happy Moo tho, she's clearly in alot of pain and bites any hand that goes near her front legs. We'll be keeping her in until she's better. We're both so upset for her, its very traumatising especially all she went through with her left leg. Poor Moo. Its bringing it all back for my partner too and he is so upset for her.

She was unbelievibly good at the vets tho! We think she's maybe jumped down from somewhere too high and landed badly, oh to know what they get up to.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Maddy Injured Empty Re: Maddy Injured

Post by nicola Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:44 am

I'm so sorry Helen poor Moo I really hope she's not broken her sholder (keeping my fingers crossed)
I'ts such a worry for you both but the pain killers should start working soon and hopefully she'll feel a bit better, I'll log on in the morning to see how she is, big hugs to Maddy xxx

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:03 am

Ouch, that sounds nasty Helen, neither reason is nice but ligament damage is possibly the lesser of the two so lets hope it's that.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:21 am

OMG poor Moo what a time you're having with them Helen, and she must be in so much pain, hopefully the painkillers are working wonders. Wonder what happened to her, we always think they will land properly when they jump, but obviously sometimes they don't. So that is all 4 of you now, poorly or laid up in some way. Goodness it's about time you all had a wee bit of luck your way.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 am

She settled down last night, tucked herself away under the spare bed and just stayed there, we kept getting up to check on her, then realised we were probably annoying her so let her be.

She had to be carried downstairs this morning, she tried a couple steps and had to stop and couldn't go any further with a surprised look of 'why does it hurt?' so the painkillers must have kicked in and kept her comfortable last night.

She has had brekkie tho and has been laying on her back sunning her belly in a sun beam which she seems quite content just to lay in.

The vet along with a painkiller injection (they know we have plenty of metacam at home to give when that wears off) gave us some joint supplement tablets to start giving her (may be good for both of them tbh) and they are amazing, the vet told us their cat just crunches them like treats, so we popped 3 in with her biccies and she sought them out and crunched them down first before her food! Lol! We gave one to Boo too as joint supplements won't go down wrong with her legs either and again that got crunched down straight away! Plus as its a new supplement the drugs reps gave them cat toys to hand out so we have a 'cat kong' for them.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

pills and toys can't be a bad combination, here's hoping that sunbeam stickls around for a while so she'll rest in it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Ahhh crapsticks, in the light of day we've noticed when she's walking on her leg with the metal plate in, its as though her foot is made of jelly and shes going straight down on her 'ankle'. Damn, its deffo both front legs. Now do we take her back to the vets or wait it out and take her in for an x-ray in a few days if she's limping, as we suspect she will be since its not just a limp, she's not using her legs correctly at all.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi Helen sorry to hear about Moo, poor wee girlie. I do hope it is nothing serious.
I would take her to a vet as she is in pain and get her xrayed asap.
Buddy limps from time to time as he jumped down from somewhere and sprained his leg and ever since it plays up now and again.
*gentle hugs to Moo*
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

maddymoo wrote:Ahhh crapsticks, in the light of day we've noticed when she's walking on her leg with the metal plate in, its as though her foot is made of jelly and shes going straight down on her 'ankle'. Damn, its deffo both front legs. Now do we take her back to the vets or wait it out and take her in for an x-ray in a few days if she's limping, as we suspect she will be since its not just a limp, she's not using her legs correctly at all.

She maybe over compensating with her *good* leg cos her other one is sore, but tbh Helen, sod the few days I would take her back now, get it seeing too quicker, if she has damaged both legs, leaving it a while may make things worse.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Atm, she's upstairs on our bed with her dad (Moo loves bed time during the day she he's took her to bed lol). She's not walking on them much, just doing what is neccessary. I'm tempted to leave her until tomorrow, but I don't want her to do further damage. The 'jelly paw' thing does look worrying tho, but has she always walked like this on her plate leg and is it eccentuated because she's taking more weight on it with her other one being hurt? Its difficult to know and we don't want to stress her out further. I'm talking myself round in circles lol. We could take her to her regular vet for another opinion, and then we won't look like complete hyperchrondriacs bringing her back in after just being seen that night... hmmm... not that I give a damn what they think.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Our Moo is back! Lol! She's sitting on the sofa giving us evils swipeing her tail back and forth when we have the nerve to speak to her! Lol! In pain but still has to let us know us humans are irritating her. Rolling Eyes
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:54 pm

haha good for Moo, you'll know, gut feeling whether you should take her to the vets or not, just remember they're little buggers for hiding pain, sorry that probably hasn't made you feel any better. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:50 pm

My gut says to leave it for a bit, shes quite settled and is behaving herself. She's sleeping and resting alot which can only do her the world of good. If anything changes, we'll be straight to the vets with her.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 pm

if you think she's fine, just leave her, it could be that if it is ligament strain then rest is all you can do anyway and if it's fractured you'll know sooner rather than later.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Awww just seen this - poor Moo (((HUGS))) Fingers crossed it's nothing TOO serious that rest won't fix Very Happy

Yes, I often wonder what the little tinkers get up to when they are out Rolling Eyes
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:19 pm

She's going in for x-rays tomorrow morning as she's still limping on both legs and the leg with her plate in is not sitting right so we really have to see whats going on.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 pm

Good luck tomorrow Helen, the sooner you find out what is wrong the sooner it'll be put right.............not that she'll see it that way.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:15 am

Hope you're feeling better today Helen, good luck with Moo today, keeping my fingers crossed you hear a bit of good news. Maddy Injured 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am

Moogs is in now... she was very good when we handed her over and we warned the nice nurse that as soon as we were gone she'd turn into a ball of teeth and claws... I'm not sure she believed us Maddy Injured 43453 Time to let the usual fretting and worrying commence that comes with our babies having GA's. No

They're going to phone her regular vets to let them know and to get her full history.

Bramble is now very jumpy and running away from us if we get near to her, looks like she needs her mummy-moo even more than we thought lol.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 am

aaawwww, poor moo & boo, Boo will come round in a couple of hours she will realsie you are as good as it's going to get today and be wanting the cuddles. Thinking of Moo and you and Calvin, (bet he's all quiet), you'll know soon, and that will at least let you know what's what. xx
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Got call from vet before, she's just recovering and we can pick her up at 4ish. We'll know more when we pick her up as the vet will show us her images etc. but it looks like all this is caused by arthritis! Can it come on so suddenly like this?
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

mmm don't know, but she may have had it a while and been able to hide it, but now, with an injury it's made things worse.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

It's probably been there for some time, and I think I'm right in saying any weakened joint is like a open invitation for arthritis to attack. You'll know a lot more by now having seen the x-rays and spoken to the vet, here's hoping it's good news.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Aye, she has arthritis in her elbows and shoulders with her right shoulder being the worse. The vet thinks because of the way she's walking on her left leg that she's got a damaged ligament or tendon there and whilst the larger bone in her leg with the plate has healed nicely, the smaller is broken, but thats not something they would do anything about as will heal in time. So we have to keep her in the house for at least 10 days and restrict her movements but not cage rest due to the arthritis and keep her on pain killers during this time. Hopefully the supplements shes on will help her arthritis.
I'm off to bed with her for a bit now, so I'll catch up later. x

Edit: I'm back again, she just doesn't know what to do with herself, she's a little space cadet atm.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:52 pm

oh the poot soul. she must wonder what the hell is happening with her, arthritis is so painful too. How old is she? as for the broken bone, I wonder what she did for that to happen.
Well you know now, so you'll be better able to look after her, and Calvin will be relieved now he knows too.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down