For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bola's poorly

2 posters

Go down

Bola's poorly Empty Bola's poorly

Post by Ian B Sun May 31, 2009 6:32 pm

He's been very lethargic for the past 6 or 7 hours, and more worrying, he's been licking his lips a lot, all too reminiscent of Beckett. He's not wanted to know me and instead has been lying indoors in the strangest places and has refused all food/drink confused

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I painted some doors this morning and I found a patch of paint, or what was left of it, on one of his legs, so it looks like he's licked most it off. Thankfully, it didn't seem like there'd been a lot of paint, so hopefully he's just got a upset tum and a nasty taste in his mouth.

He's gone out, so perhaps he's feeling a bit better now, but I'll probably go without my regular Sunday drink unless I see a improvement before I get ready.

'EDIT'

He'd not gone out, he was hiding under a chair in the dining room. On the bright side he jumped up onto the windowsill and was purring his head off when I left him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Bola's poorly Empty Re: Bola's poorly

Post by maddymoo Sun May 31, 2009 8:21 pm

I hope he's ok Ian, I know some paint can be toxic to cats but am no expert. I hope its just upset his tummy as I'm sure they eat things outside that would have us running to the vets every time if we knew ;-) If he's still not quite right tomorrow I'd give your vet a call, or obviously if he gets worse today etc. Poor Bola and poor you, what a worry.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am

Normal service has been resumed Bola's poorly 579159

I went out for a drink (the typos will exlpain that) but I coudn't relax knowing he was *off colour* and when I got home he was just sprawled at the top of the stairs........not a good sign.

He even refused freshly cooked chicken (typing with oner finger/eye is hard work Laughing) but followed me downstairs and went out. Dexter appereared and he started showing a bit of interest, at least he wanted to *fight*

He's outside atm, tearing round the garden at 1000mph, so hopefully the panic is over, but I wont relax till I see him *as normal* tomorow.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 am

Panic over, he's fine this morning and even demanded breakfast and a belly rub Bola's poorly 579159 tho' the latter was just an excuse to get me to put my hand close enough for him to do some major claw work on it Laughing

He went out again late last night but didn't come back till the early hours, tho' it was the first time I've been pleased to be woken up by him letting me know he was home.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:54 am

maddymoo wrote:I hope he's ok Ian, I know some paint can be toxic to cats but am no expert. I hope its just upset his tummy as I'm sure they eat things outside that would have us running to the vets every time if we knew ;-) If he's still not quite right tomorrow I'd give your vet a call, or obviously if he gets worse today etc. Poor Bola and poor you, what a worry.
Hi Helen,

It's mainly lead based paint we need to worry about, tho' I doubt you can buy it these days, but if cats start licking something painted with it they can still ingest enough lead to be dangerous.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am

Aha! lol, I knew it was some paint lol.