For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First pic of.....(poorly cat warning)

+2
nicola
Ian B
6 posters

Go down

First pic of.....(poorly cat warning) Empty First pic of.....(poorly cat warning)

Post by Ian B Wed May 20, 2009 7:45 pm

......that thieving ginger and white tom, looking for food in my garden

I'd not seen him for weeks, maybe a few months, before today, and as much as I dislike him I still feel sorry for the state he's now in. He's lost so much weight it's scary, and while he wasn't stuggling to breathe, his flanks were heaving when he did. He still had the energy (and sense, I used to throw cups of cold water over him) to run when I tried to get closer so I could get a better pic, but the old fella must be pretty ill to look as bad as this.

First pic of.....(poorly cat warning) Thievi10

You can see how gaunt he is, tho' he's actually worse than the pic shows, but whatever is wrong with him can't be infectious as they have other cats who are fine. I hope a vet is involved and his owners aren't just letting things get worse for him.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Wed May 20, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

First pic of.....(poorly cat warning) Empty Re: First pic of.....(poorly cat warning)

Post by nicola Wed May 20, 2009 7:56 pm

OMG that pic has really upset me he looks awful bless him, like you said Ian I really hope the vet is involved with him and he's getting all the care he needs. Crying or Very sad (I really hate to see animals like this)

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

First pic of.....(poorly cat warning) Empty Re: First pic of.....(poorly cat warning)

Post by Ian B Wed May 20, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Nicola,

Besides the weight loss, facially he looks shockingly ill, his eyes are sunken and dull and his coat isn't good. The fact that I don't see him for ages now gives me hope that he is being seen by a vet and his owners are just keeping him in, at least I hope so.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed May 20, 2009 9:09 pm

Oh the poor soul. He looks in a bad way. I do hope you're right and there is a vet involved and his owners have been keeping him in.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm

It may just be an *age thing* with him as he's certainly no kitten. I'm not saying he isn't ill as he clearly is, but it could be that he's naturally coming to the end of his days. He found food in my garden and there's nothing wrong with his appetite, nor, judging by the way he scrambled over the fence to get away from me, with his energy levels.

This family have no excuse for not taking him to a vet. Ok, none of them work, but the wife and one child are badly disabled, the husband has a new-ish people carrier, and one son is (allegedly) heavily involved in supplying drugs locally, so money wouldn't be a problem with the benefits they're no doubt claiming, not to mention the sons, ahem, *income* Rolling Eyes

Their other cats seem well looked after, as did this one not that long ago, it was pure greed that made him sneak into my house to steal food.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by pokbg Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 pm

Oh bless... poor wee fella! Just want to scoop him up in my arms and make everything better.

It could very well just be an age thing though... one of our neighbours cats were over 20 years old... and I have to say looked worse for wear, very similar to the ginger tom here, just that she was a longhaired female. But she got all the love and care at home that any kitty could have hoped for. And even though she looked like she was on her last leg, the little madam could sure move when she wanted too! Normally if I tried to pet her (she had a hatred for me since I once lifted her off our car... as we were about to drive to the shops I thought I was in my right... clearly not in the kitties eyes!), she would hiss and spiss and run like the wind.

So I'm hoping it's just old age, and that he's getting the attention that he needs at home.
pokbg
pokbg
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 4533
Cat(s): : Pok m/4, BG f/2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

https://love4cats.darkbb.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu May 21, 2009 9:01 am

As much as I dislike this thief, I'll try and make sure he at least gets something to eat if/when I see him again.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Oh Im so upset for this fella. I f*ckin hate people like his owners. I really could cry. You truly are a star Ian, looking after his best interests. Wish I could have him. No
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 22, 2009 10:15 am

God he does look ill, I think it's an age combination too though. What is so upsetting is that he's still got an appetite which suggests more than anything else that this wee soul is riddled with worms. His family don't sound as though they really give a toss, oh it's so sad.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 am

I think they do care Kath, probably not as much as we would, but as it could be weeks or months before I see him again, they must be keeping him in and that suggests to me they are trying to look after him. He's probably just escaped whenever I see him here and he's just returning to where he used to find food before.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Hope you're right Ian First pic of.....(poorly cat warning) 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down