For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh the lambs (sisters cats)

4 posters

Go down

Oh the lambs (sisters cats) Empty Oh the lambs (sisters cats)

Post by maddymoo Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm keeping an eye on my sisters' cats and feeding them etc. when they're on holiday. Oooooo they are such lovely friendly cats they really put my two to shame (haha, I swear they heard me think that as Mads just looked up and scowled at me lol). I 'let' *read they legged it* them outside for a bit, then called then back in, Sicknote came trotting in straight away chatting as she came, but no sign of Shamen, so I closed the back door as that can make her appear lol, still no sign. So I popped upstairs to look out the top window to see in I could see her and no sign... gahhhh. I made myself a cuppa and decided to have a sit down and fuss on Sickie. When I got up to check for the 4th time, I called her name again, then heard the daft little prrrrft noise she makes and the sound of her collar as she came scrambling under the fence and trotting up, came in and started rubbing her snaggle tooth over me, so I kneeled down to her level for some major head buts. They are both so funny, my sister has them 'trained', they will both 'bear dance' for treats, Sickie talks on demand and Shamie plays fetch! Haha, oh I want them! Sickie will just appear from no where and jump onto your lap and instantly fall asleep and Shamie gets very into petting and cries and purrs and rubs her snaggle tooth (quite hard lol) all over your hand! hahaha they just love the attention.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Oh the lambs (sisters cats) Empty Re: Oh the lambs (sisters cats)

Post by *Prince* Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm

They sound adorable Helen. I love the "snaggle tooth" Oh the lambs (sisters cats) 43453 I have funny imagery of it. They are two very happy kitties.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:57 pm

cuddly snuggly cats, they sound adorable.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Oh Crapsticks... Sicknote is getting really distressed. My mum popped over to see them this morning and she couldn't find her, until after an hour when Shamen took her to Sickie. Sickie is definately in hiding by the looks of it and has been sick. Part of me wants to go and get them and bring them over to mine, set them up in a room by them selves with all their things so that I keep an eye on them and give them attention all day, but the change of environment may freak them out. I'm going over in a bit to check on them and I'll get Sickie out and check her over to make sure she's ok (she can get a sore eye easily) and if needs be I'll give their vet a call. Hmmm, I'll have a look for one of my feliway diffusers and bring one over...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh no! Poor Sickie. Phone the vet, and perhaps they would advise whether its best to leave them at home, or, as you want to do, take them to yours. Oh Helen, I feel for you. It must be hard when its some one elses babies. No
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Yeay! When I popped over tonight she seemed so much better. She was curled up on the bed. so I lay down next to her and let her 'sneak in' LOL! Within minutes she'd turning into a purring puss. No more sick, so I wonder if she got nervous that there wasn't people about, got worried about when their next meal might come (given their history thats hardly surprising) and wolfed the food when it was there and that made her sick. I think I'm definately just going to have to step up the visits as she just gets so nervous when left for too long on her own (there's a bit of Boo in her! lol).

By the time I left she was up playing chasey with her sister, I'd stregically placed lots of containers of water arounf the house for them to drink from to encourage her drinking. I'd had my hair brushed by Shamen (leaned over so she stood on her back legs and brushed my hanging hair with her front paws! Rofl) and had a big snuggle of Sickie! Oh and I smeared some lemon jiuce on the corner of the carpet as they'd been scratching at it that much they'd lifted it up!

Oh I do feel so much happier about them
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:32 am

It might be a good idea to leave a couple of radios on all day, one upstairs, the other downstairs. They may not be seeing many people, but they'll be hearing them.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:32 am

Do as Ian has suggested, I don't know what they eat, but could you leave dry food palced around the house too, so that they know there is always food, failing that, I would take them to yours, they willhear/see you more often, they're with each other and really shouldn't be too stress, they may even settle very quickly. What could upset things though, is when all the cats get a whiff of one another, but then that's another story.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Aye, I know they have a radio somewhere (a boombox type thing lol) I'll put that on. I'll put an extra foodbowl downstairs (they have a cat room upstairs where their hooded litter box, climbing/scrtaching frame, food and water fountain are) and I'll hide some cat treats around the house, as it may also help with the boredom, 'hunting' them lol. Part of me actually thinks that they would get on well with Boo and vice versa as they are all sociable and like the company of other cats... but then there's Mads who would more than likely tear them apart! LOL! Their mum and dad are due back tomorrow night (but may stay somewhere else the weekend if they can as my sisters MIL gatecrashed their holiday! Rofl!).
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 pm

but may stay somewhere else the weekend if they can as my sisters MIL gatecrashed their holiday! Rofl!).

Oh give me stressed cats anytime as opposed to MIL gatecrashing, you know some people have no idea. Rolling Eyes
Doesn't seem worth it to move the cats now, I bet they're not so stressed now as they were, they will be getting used to it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:05 pm

Ahhh, glad to hear things are sounding better Helen. Like Kath said, seems a bit late in the day to move them, so just continue what you're doing, upping the visits and loads of attention.
Well done you. You've done all the right things.
Love the image of you having "your hair done by Shamen". Thats fantastic! Laughing
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Aye, they seemed so much happier today... I gave them both a stick treat each, Shamen picked hers up, ran off with it, ate it, came back, picked Sickies' up, ran off with it, ate it! Rofl! Sickie went off in hunt of the treats I left around the house. I've put the radio on in the living room and hopefully they'll just setting down tonight, I'm not going over any more tonight as am suffering a bit myself LOL, but my mum is going round first thing tomorrow morning and I'm popping round mid-day, early afternoon as they won't be back til tomorrow evening as going to Keswick for the day (again MIL and partner have invited themselves along! Rofl!)
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down