For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick (+ paw pad piccy)

4 posters

Go down

Sick (+ paw pad piccy) Empty Sick (+ paw pad piccy)

Post by maddymoo Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Ok, I'm not overly concerned.... yet, but Mads has been sick every day for a good few days now. It seems that she can't eat much in one go so I'm feeding her little and often as if I put a little too much in her bowl (we are talking not alot here, not even a quarter bowl as she has a daily measured ammount) she throws it back up. She's also wanting to either be near/on me or left alone by herself. She's not really showing any signs of distress though... other than being desperate to go out properly (I'm letting her out for fresh air but only strictly supervised so I can grab her if she looks to go on the fence, oh it'll be so much easier once we've cat proofed the garden lol). Poor Moo. I wonder if I should feed her chicken/fish for the next few days to see if that settles her.

Last edited by maddymoo on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sick (+ paw pad piccy) Empty Re: Sick (+ paw pad piccy)

Post by Teddy Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm

no harm in doing that Helen, something must be upsetting her stomach, so a bland diet like that can only be good. Poor Mads, she's going through the mill at the moment. I wonder if she has a hairball and needs some grass or de-furrems.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:33 am

Could be.... one of her pads looks like its coming off! Shocked Not in a bloody way, but in a stretched way if that makes sense? Theres a huge area of white thin skin. I just know though that its probasbly normal and its that I've just noticed it and if I take her in the vet will roll their eyes and make a note on the system about 'paranoid, over fussy owner!' lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 am

Any symptom/something out of the ordinary that last beyond 48 hours is cause for concern, so a vet visit isn't uncalled for imo, and as for being labled a paranoid owner, if it wasn't for them I reckon 9 out 10 vets would go broke. It wouldn't surprise me to learn all vets wear special contact lenses to hide the £ signs that flash up in their eyes each time one of these people take their pet in Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 am

LOL, aye they see us coming a mile off.

Seriously though Helen, the pad thing doesn't sound right, get yersen down the vets, it will give Mads a day out if nothing else.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 am

Rofl, love the idea of the contact lenses.

I'll post a piccy of her pad to show you as prob sounds worse than it is...
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Sick (+ paw pad piccy) P1000917
Sick (+ paw pad piccy) P1000918

Ok, neither piccy is great... for all the obvious reasons lol.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:49 pm

The more I look at it, I'm thinking it could be excellerated wear? As the pads are bound to grow as they get worn down, so maybe because of the way she's walking on this paw/leg its wearing the pad through faster than the skin there can harden?

I wonder how difficult it would be to presuade her to wear little shoes... Wink
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:03 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned about the pad, tho' I can't say as I've seen anything like it before, but if it's not raw/there's no bleeding and she's walking ok, I'd just keep a close eye on it for the time being. Perhaps they've got a bit soft due to her being kept indoors most of the time lately?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:29 pm

No, its not raw or bleeding. I think it may just be the way she walks on that leg, that maybe its pulling on that pad perhaps. They are rather cracked, so I'll get some vaseline today and rub a little in before we go to bed as she'll just settle down and hopefully that may help. Its a strange one isn't it! lol

I'm wondering if her stomach has shrank? Before she was on the diet she'd just pick at her biccies and keep returning, but now that they're getting fed little and often, she eats what I give her all in one go. Some days I accidently dump a few too many in their bowls and this could just be too much for her tummy, eating it all at once. She was only sick once yesterday and thinking about it, I was a bit bleary eye's when they got me up to feed them at 5am, so I could have dumped too much in her bowl. I've been careful to just give her small sprinklings of food today and she had chicken yesterday after being sick and so far she hasn't been sick yet. We gave her some metacam last night as she was limping a bit more again and if the metacam hasn't made her sick, then I doubt she has an irritated stomach as metacam is a NSAID, so it seems to be more the volume of food... or perhaps the speed in which she wolfs it down?

Anyhoo, she does seem alot better today, both in her walking, her lack of vomiting and in herself, as she isn't snuggling up to me or anything and is just being her usual lazy Moo.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Avon do lovely moisturisers, LOL sounds like wear and tear, probably the vet would tell you to keep and eye on it. Rolling Eyes

I think the speed cats eat has a lot to do with them being sick, volume too of course, but when Moto gobbles too quickly, it's down then up. Their poor bellies can't take the onslaught.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Teddy wrote:Avon do lovely moisturisers, LOL sounds like wear and tear, probably the vet would tell you to keep and eye on it. Rolling Eyes

I think the speed cats eat has a lot to do with them being sick, volume too of course, but when Moto gobbles too quickly, it's down then up. Their poor bellies can't take the onslaught.

Sounds sensible to me. lol. Oh its so strange when they are sort of out of sorts but not in a way that cries out vets, as we just don't know what to do for the best. haha, the trials and turmoils (is that a word?) of being a cat owner.
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Sorry I am so late in replying to this Helen. Hope Miss Maddy isnt being so sick now. Dont suppose you've had time to go to the vet, what with being admitted yourself. Hugs to you all. Will be interesting to hear what the paw pad thing is all about though.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down