For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back

5 posters

Go down

Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back Empty Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:34 pm

He came into the kitchen while I was there last night Shocked and even took a piece of meat from my hand Shocked Shocked He still won't let me touch him tho', but he's no longer really scared of me and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back Empty Re: Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back

Post by maddymoo Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Lol! It depends on whether you have any space left on your bed Laughing
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back Empty Re: Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:01 pm

maddymoo wrote:
I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Lol! It depends on whether you have any space left on your bed Laughing
He's not welcome while he sprays everywhere outside, and I mean everywhere. He won't get the chance to do it inside if I can help it Wink

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

I've just caught him in the kitchen finishing Bolas food............he just grabbed a last mouthful and ambled thro' the flap. I can't say as I was overly annoyed at that, tho' I was at Bola and Buddys reaction...............they'd sat there watching him eat, but as soon as I'd appeared and he'd gone thro' the flap they were after him as tho' they were being good cats in chasing a thief away Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Ian B wrote: but as soon as I'd appeared and he'd gone thro' the flap they were after him as tho' they were being good cats in chasing a thief away Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Ian

Wha ha ha! Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back 72767 That kills me when they do the " come on, come on, why I outta............." AFTER said cat has buggered off. Hee hee.
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 am

I was woken today at just before 5am by the sound of a cat eating from the bowl of dry food on my bed, and thro' the darkness I could just make out a light coloured cat. I assumed it was Max so wasn't overly bothered, but when said cat jumped down and started drinking I knew it wasn't as it was drinking way faster than Max ever does (how sad a situation when you can recognise a cat by the noise it makes when drinking tho' Embarassed Laughing)

On went the light and there he was, tho' he didn't stay long as Max came hurtling out from under my bed and tried to have a go at him. He wasn't fast enough, but why wait till I wake and put the light on before chasing him off? At least he didn't have time to spray in my bedroom and I haven't noticed any downstairs (yet) tho' his fav spot for spraying, against the waste bin in the kitchen, is *protected* by having orange peel all around the bottom.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:01 am

And he turned up in my bedroom at 6am today Twisted Evil after sneaking in late last night to try and steal Bola and Buddy's supper Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm

I've just found him curled up asleep on a chair in the living room Shocked The cheeky sod didn't even run when he woke after hearing me, he just looked at me, yawned and rolled over, tho' he legged it when I nipped upstairs to get my camera.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Ian B wrote:I've just found him curled up asleep on a chair in the living room Shocked The cheeky sod didn't even run when he woke after hearing me, he just looked at me, yawned and rolled over, tho' he legged it when I nipped upstairs to get my camera.

Ian
And again when I went downstairs a few minutes ago, he didn't run this time either, he just hid under the coffee table next to my recliner Shocked

He was soon joined by Bola, Dexter and Buddy, who enjoyed a game of catch-the-string, and amazingly, after watching them for a bit he joined in when I threw it near him under the table Shocked Shocked Obviously I don't know for sure, but I guess he isn't that old and it's probably a long time since anyone last played with him, tho' he didn't stay long after that before bolting thro' the flap.

One good thing, he hasn't sprayed anywhere in the living room.............. that I've noticed so far anyway, if he has he'll get a bloody good soaking on his way out next time I catch him in.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:13 am

The living room door was pushed open overnight and a old pillow I leave on my recliner to save it fron cat hairs had a cat shaped impression in the middle, so it looks like he came in again after I'd gone to bed......no spraying again tho' Very Happy

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:25 pm

well that's good news!!!!
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:35 am

Twice I found him curled up on Buddy's chair in the dining room early yesterday evening, both times he just sat there when he saw me and as the weather was so bad outside, I didn't have the heart to chase him out. I needn't have bothered as he crept out both times as I nipped upstairs to get my camera.

I fully expected him to call again after I'd gone to bed, so left a bowl of dry food on the chair, but it was untouched this morning so it looks like he found somewhere else to sleep overnight.

Oh, and still no spraying Stripey tailed tom, he's missing?..he's back 579159

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 pm

I've just caught him sneaking out of the living room this time. Unlike the others, he doesn't wake the dead when using the flap, I guess because he has to come in unnoticed in and they don't.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:56 am

Last night was farcical Laughing

I came home early from the pub (it was dead but I still couldn't get served confused) and found him sprawled out on a chair in the living room. He didn't run when he saw me and I nipped into the kitchen to get him some food, but he'd gone when I went to give it to him.

I knew he hadn't gone past me and out of the flap so he was somewhere inside, in the dining room as it turned out, but legged it as soon as I spotted him....................not thro' the flap tho', he ran upstairs and hid under my bed.

I thought the flap must have frozen again stopping him leaving, but it hadn't. A good 5 minutes of him running upstairs then back down and hiding with me close behind followed, in the end, barring the room he was in, I had to shut all the doors and leave the back door wide open before he went out Laughing

He came back in after I'd gone to bed as I heard the flap go first thing today and spotted him heading towards the gap in the fence when I opened the door to check.

This could just be coincidence, but just after he'd left earlier yesterday evening, I heard someone nearby shouting a *name* for them to come in. It wasn't a kids name and a dog in a garden would have have gone straight in, so I'm assuming it was both a cat and he was that cat as he's too well fed to be a stray/feral.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I say he's not been spraying, I may well be wrong...............

I hadn't noticed any smell in the living room today, but while I was lay on the sofa I saw Bola keep heading towards a table near the tv and sniffing at a plastic bag on it. He moved away each time I shouted at him, but eventually he'd had enough and trotted over and started spraying himself Shocked

I managed to stop him mid spray by throwing a cushion towards him, the bag has been thrown away and the whole area has had a good clean then a even bigger dousing with vinegar/water mix. He's not been near it since, but I'll need to keep an eye on that spot from now on.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:11 am

I've not set eyes on him anywhere for nearly a week now. If he doesn't sneak in I normally see him passing thro' my garden several times a day so this very, very unusual.

Hope he's ok wherever he is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 pm

He's back, I'm pretty sure he sneaked into the kitchen to steal food late last night and I definitely saw him on my way to the dentist first thing this morning.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:52 pm

I caught him sat on a dining chair about 30 minutes ago, he was doing his best to hide under the table but that stripey tail sticking out was a dead giveaway Laughing He didn't run when he saw me, and as the weather is so bloody awful atm, I didn't chase him out, but he went not long afterwards.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 am

He marched into the livingroom as bold as brass last night and didn't run when he spotted me lying on the sofa, headed stright for a toy that'd had a good spraying of concentrated cat nip the day before. After a mad few minutes of him thrashing about on the floor with it, he just trotted off tho' the flap.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri May 28, 2010 8:23 am

I sprayed a toy with concentrated cat nip early yesterday evening, and of course got my hands covered, so wiped them by rolling a tissue into a ball, Bola loved it and brought it upstairs when I went to bed. At 2.15am I was woken by the sound of a cat playing with it, switched on my bedside lamp expecting to see Bola, but no, it was Stripey Tailed tom having the time of his life.

He wasn't bothered when he saw me and didn't go till he'd shredded it, thankfully I'll be hoovering today Laughing I turned over to go back to sleep only to be stopped by Buddy *finally* coming in and making enough noise to wake the dead by crunching on the dry food Rolling Eyes

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm

Thats hysterical about Stripey Tailed Tom thrashing about and having the time of his life. Brilliant! Very Happy
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down