For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey tailed tom update (new pic)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) Empty Stripey tailed tom update (new pic)

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:28 pm

I nipped upstairs to look for Bola about 90 minutes ago and found my stripey tailed visitor fast asleep on the spare bed Shocked He didn't hang about when he woke and saw me, so I thought he'd gone, but when I got into the kitchen he was just sat there peeping thro' the flap, but again legged it when he saw me. I don't blame him not wanting to go tbh as the weather is awful here this afternoon.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't sprayed anywhere, he might even have gone into my bedroom but that was full with Jimmy, Max and Dexter asleep on the bed.

Then about 20 minutes ago I was washing some dishes when I noticed him looking thro' the flap, but moved when he realised I was there. I went out to check where he'd gone, just in time to see him coming out of the shed, I don't know if he's found the box there, but I hope so.

I don't think he's looking for food as he appears well fed, so it's probably just shelter/somewhere to get his head down for a while he's after. I keep calling him when he runs, and he'll stop, but just look at me before wandering off.

Ian

Last edited by Ian B on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) Empty Re: Stripey tailed tom update (new pic)

Post by nicola Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:17 am

I can see you having another regular visitor there Ian.

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) Empty Re: Stripey tailed tom update (new pic)

Post by maddymoo Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:38 am

Bless the racoon tailed scally! lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 5888
Cat(s): : Maddison and Bramble

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:16 am

maddymoo wrote:Bless the racoon tailed scally! lol
Not quite the way I'd describe him after he's sprayed Helen Laughing

Nicola wrote:I can see you having another regular visitor there Ian.
Well, there's room now GT and William have gone, and I wouldn't *really* mind as long as he stops spraying. Bola seems to get on with him and Fudge doesn't seem bothered, tho' she refused to come in after I found him asleep on the bed, I had to carry her in. That could be coincidence as she doesn't show any interest in him outside, but maybe it's different when he sneaks into *her* house.

I've got to be honest, I look on getting him to trust me as a challenge, just like Bolas black friend from across the road, both sit there and watch my lot come to me and be handled, but neither are sure about me. These two really dislike each other as well, they had a serious face off a few days ago and I managed to get within feet of them as both were so concerned about the other attacking first at the time.

I see the stripey tailed tom all over the estate, it's clear he lives locally, but it's a big estate so I've no idea where that home is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:44 am

He was there, peeping thro' the gap in the fence as I opened the door to let Bola out a short time back, Bola saw him and ran down to say hello................tho' the way he was chirruping he was probably saying "Where have you been, we've just had breakfast" Laughing

'EDIT'

He's just come haring past me as I was going downstairs, so he's sneaked in and been on the spare bed again, and as usual he's sat near the gap in the fence (in the pouring rain) looking at the door/flap. I can't help feeling a bit sorry for him, so I've just put some food out.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:59 am

hahaha and another saga begins. Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Teddy wrote:hahaha and another saga begins. Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) 43453
So very true Kath Embarassed Laughing

As I said, there's room for one more now. Bola likes him and as long as Fudges nose isn't put out of joint by him coming in, we'll see. Like all the others, there'll be no encouragement to come in, but if he ever learns to trust me.....................

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:29 pm

.........which he will, move over everyone, another one is joining the gang. They all seem to be males except for Fudge of course, but am amazed there isn't more fighting going on.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:02 am

Hi Kath,

Yeah, you'd think there'd be fighting wouldn't you, but beyond Bolas overly aggressive play fighting at times, they all get on well. They're all neutered, so that helps, only GT was still a full tom but even he was put in his place by Bola. Speaking of GT, I wonder if the reason why he's stopped calling is that he couldn't be top cat here?

The vast majority of cats round here seem to be toms, and if people are going to be lazy enough to have a unneutered cat, having a tom is the way to go.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:36 am

Imagine having an un-neutured tom though, they sure do like to spray. Laughing
GT was older, he probably knows his days of being top dog are over, would be good to have him around though, just to let us know he's ok.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Kath,

Yeah, I'd love to see GT again, anywhere will do, just to see he's ok, I can't even look out for him as I never found out where his real home is. As long as they left him alone, he never bothered with the others inside, maybe he was used to being a only cat?

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:50 am

oh I would say he was definately a loner, wouldn't surprise me if he turns up when the chillier days begin again.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:32 pm

I managed to get close-ish to him today as he was, ahem, *sunbathing* in the tip of a garden of the house across from mine at the back, and got this pic of him

Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) Stripe10

If you look closely you can see the battle scars on his face from this mornings fight with the black tom from across the road. Amazingly, he didn't run when I approached this time, so maybe he's getting used to me. Bola and Max were nearby so I gave them a plate of food and he was really sniffing the air as they enjoyed their *picnic*, so I nipped back and got some for him, about 1/3 of a tin...............it lasted seconds Shocked

I still think he's a very odd looking cat facially, his nose and chin look far too narrow for his head imo, and not a little bad tempered Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Awwwww, he looks like such a snookums! *sends hugs to racoon tailed cat*
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:54 pm

he has the same shape of face as Moto, pointy, I've always thought Moto's mam had it away with a fox. Looks exactly the same. Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) 43453
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 am

I can't be 100% sure, but I think he called in the early hours today. I was woken by a cat jumping onto my bed and tucking into Bolas dry food and said cat legged it when I moved, I just caught a glimpse of a light coloured cat heading for the door. It *could* have been Max, but he doesn't usually run like that, so it looks like it was the stripey tailed tom.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:21 am

oh he's getting bold, was only a matter of time really, once he builds up his confidence with you, he'll never be away. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Kath,

I reckon it's confidence with my lot as much as with myself. It looks like he's stopped spraying in the house, maybe he realises they aren't a threat so there's no need to mark his patch. That said, Fudge doesn't seem bothered by him outside, but I think things might be a bit different inside. I'm sure he won't be another Jimmy to her, but she might not take kindly to him wandering in and out at will.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 am

ah yes Fudge?? Alpha cat, Stripey tailed tom update (new pic) 43453 maybe sh'e just fed up of all these males wandering in and disturbing her peace, although I think Jimmy will always be her out and out favourite. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 am

Aye, Jimmy will never be replaced in her *affections* Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicola Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:32 am

He's stunning Ian and yes he has got a bit of a funny face maybe a bit of Siamese in there somewhere??

nicola
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 1467
Cat(s): : yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:57 am

nicola wrote:He's stunning Ian and yes he has got a bit of a funny face maybe a bit of Siamese in there somewhere??
Stunning? Not a word I'd associate with him tbh Laughing He's not got a typical moggy face that's for sure.

I think he came in again in the early hours as a cat woke me up me having a drink, and none of mine, nor next doors, sound like a half blocked drainpipe when they drink Shocked Laughing This cat legged it when I shouted so it looks like it was him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by maddymoo Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Rofl! 'half blocked drainpipe!' lol
maddymoo
maddymoo
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

He's been doing some yowling so far this morning Shocked I thought he must be hurt but it doesn't seem so as he's now dozing off in his fav sun trap (he's either daft of very optomistic Laughing ) I took a plate off food down to him but as he's not in my garden he wouldn't come to me, and there's nowhere to leave it without the flies getting to it before he realises where it is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 am

Stripey tailed tom is definitely getting braver, for one thing he no longer sneaks in but comes barging thro' the flap as loudly as the rest.

He came in 3 times in the space of 40 minutes last night, the first he legged it when he noticed me lying on the sofa (as its not cold yet I leave the living room door wide open so I can see who comes in) Bola dashed out after him and about 10 minutes later returned all excited about something, then I heard the flap go and his *friend* miaowing his head off in the kitchen. I shouted and he went back out, closely followed by Bola, then later on exactly the same thing happened. It was as tho' he'd followed Bola in both times and was shouting for him.

I think he may have stayed overnight as the spare bedroom door was pushed open when I got up today and Bola very rarely sleeps there at night. Jimmy does, but there was no sign of him, so stripey tailed tom looks likely to have been the *guest*

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next