For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep of the dead

4 posters

Go down

Sleep of the dead Empty Sleep of the dead

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:01 am

That's Dexter atm Laughing

He came in at 10pm, ran upstairs and curled up next to my pillow.........and he's still there now Shocked By the looks of things he hasn't even changed position except to stretch his legs.

The others make sure I can't sleep as well Rolling Eyes

'EDIT'

He got up at 7.20am, jumped onto the floor and curled up again Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Sleep of the dead Empty Re: Sleep of the dead

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:26 am

Generally Bonnie does the 'sleep of the dead' - curls up next to me when I go to bed and doesn't move until five minutes before my alarm, regardless of anything going happening around her. Then recently she took to waking up at 4am to use her litter tray and then deciding she wanted to be fed. Two nights ago, I had the pleasure of Malo, along with Bonnie, which was a new thing. As predicted by several on this forum, it wouldn't last, and on Monday night neither of my little darlings came to bed with me.

Last night, a very rough night. When I went to bed, Malo was on the floor behind the bedroom door (would understand it in winter when there are hot pipes under there but don't get it this time of year) and Bonnie was on the computer chair. It would appear that Malo was sort of pleased that Bonnie was out of the room because all night he took to jumping on the bed, curling up for about an hour, and then jumping down again to return to the floor behind the door. Now Malo is not a fat cat, as he has quite the stature to hold his weight - but he is a heavy cat and each jump up or down woke me.

I think I would much rather just have Bonnie doing a 'sleep of the dead' - so much more restful for me. What do your other cats do to keep you awake at night?

All the best
Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 am

The others?

Generally playfighting/games of chase at silly o'clock, this is usually Bola and Dexter, but Bola is happy to chase shadows by himself when the mood takes him. Exploring places they *know* they're not allowed in during the day.

Fudge insists on sleeping on me, either my chest of my side and spends ages getting comfy only for her to start again soon after.

Max likes to headbutt any part of me he can reach, but only when he thinks I'm asleep, then there's his carpet scratching, again only when he thinks I'm asleep.

Dexters purring is enough to wake the dead.

Bola sounds like Malo, he's not fat by any means but is solidly built and will insist on jumping from the windowsill onto the bed, which is ok-ish as long as he lands on the mattress and not me.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:07 pm

Jojolabanane wrote:. What do your other cats do to keep you awake at night?

All the best
Joanne

Like a thread I started the other day, with Prince, it is his SNORING mostly along with the occasional Loud Lickety Spit Wash! Sleep of the dead 561823
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:31 pm

hahaha I had to do the cruel thing and keep them out of the bedroom during the night, sheesh it was ridiculous, not only the noise, but Sophie constantly sticking her nose into my face to see if iI was sleeping, or scratching to get into the wardrobe, would you believe she has a fetish for that wardrobe, still tries everytime she's in the bedroom to open the doors. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down