For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not much sleep

4 posters

Go down

Not much sleep Empty Not much sleep

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 am

Last night and the night before were terrible for trying to get some sleep. Both nights we were 'treated' to full on through the window fights, with Tubs joining in big time again and making such a terrible noise, and with the curtains being pulled down on both occasions. The rail for the net curtains is now quite distorted. The first night it happened, once the fight was over, Malo would not move from his trophy - the nets. Sat on top of them as if proclaiming them as his spoils of battle. On Monday night, too, while all that was going on, Bonnie decided to snore loudly. She is a big snorer - but generally during the day and somehow knows how not to snore at night, but that didn't apply on Monday night. Last night, the commotion of the through the window fight woke her up and so she decided it was time to eat. I got persistent miaowing from 4.30 through to 5.30 but managed not to react to it. Bonnie didn't give up though.

So I am pretty exhausted again today as you can imagine. Happy days!!!
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Not much sleep Empty Re: Not much sleep

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:18 pm

hahaha happy days indeed, I think you did right by not giving into her, she needs to know that you won't feed her at that time, if you do it could begin a habit that's hard to break. I eventually had to put both mine into the kitchen at night, just couldn't hack the disturbances any longer. Rolling Eyes
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Bonnie always sleeps in the bed with me. As soon as she sees me heading to the bedroom, she runs ahead (runs is a big word though for Bonnie) and jumps onto the bed, and in the winter under the covers. She doesn't move, or make a sound or anything all night and used to wake me just 5 minutes before my alarm sounded at 5.30. JC gets home from work at about 4 in the morning and she started getting up to greet him and ask for a bite to eat, then come straight back to bed. Then on nights he didn't work , Bonnie started waking at 4 and demanding to be fed. That has been going on for some months now, apart from the odd night when she sleeps through. This morning, though, I was soooooo very tired, I refused to get up to feed her. As JC is soon to be moving over to days (after 16 years of working nights) I want to break Bonnie's habit now.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f31/15/31/04/37/bonnie10.jpg

Last edited by Jojolabanane on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add picture)
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:54 pm

aaww bless her, she's so snug. Sophie used to sleep just under my chin and I wouldn't move all night as I hated to disturb her Rolling Eyes but for some rason she started wanting up at stupid o clock and if I ignored here she would scratch at the wardrobe doors trying to get in, or come right up to my face and start tickling me with her nose, when she really got annoyed with me, she would run from the bedroon to the livingroom twittering all the time. After weeks of this I gave up and she was banished, although I did feel so guilty.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm

I don't know why, but only Max sleeps on my bed overnight now and even that's not every day. Gone are the days when I used to wake scrunched up in a corner while up to 3 or 4 cats had the rest of the bed to themselves.

Luckily I'm a very early riser, I might not go to bed much before 1am, but I'm up from 5am onwards and so usually awake before my lot.

It sounds like you've got your hands full with Malo Joanne Laughing but it's perhaps better him being inside and out of trouble than outside and fighting with Tubs.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by *Prince* Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Oh dear Joanne! What a nightmare! Bonny sounds exactly like Princey. He too runs ahead (again - running in the loosest term of the word Laughing ) and is on/in the bed before me! Snuggling under the quilt in winter.
Kath had the right idea in banishing her gorgeous boy and girl to the kitchen - I have yet to do something like that, so have interrupted sleep EVERY night due to my insomnia exacerbated by Princey Boys "goings-ons"! Rolling Eyes
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 pm

You know Nicki the laugh of it is, I too have insomnia and still wake up even without the cats but at least I don't have to get up and see to them, now all I do is give steve a swift jab in the ribs if he's snoring and then read, it is a lot more peaceful without them. (colder too Rolling Eyes )
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:06 am

Another through the window fight last night - at 2am. Net curtains down again and no matter how much banging on the window, Tubs just stayed put and taunted me, just as he does Malo. In the end, I picked Malo up (with much protestation) and renived him from said room, and shut him in the living room, where he has no access to windows (sounds dark but actually has velux windows and a big glass patio door which gives onto the conservatory and not directly outside). This may have to be his lot from now on. he wasn't iun the bestest of moods this morning when I got up.

I have tried banning Bonnie from the bedroom, but then I can't sleep because I don't have my furry hot-water bottle next to me. She woke me at 5 this morning, so getting slightly better. Things will change however when JC moves over to working days - and Bonnie may not like the difference that makes to her routine.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 am

She may not like sharing you with JC, Laughing as for Malo, he's just miffed with you, he'll get used to it.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down