For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do some cats..........

2 posters

Go down

Why do some cats.......... Empty Why do some cats..........

Post by Ian B Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:14 pm

............take an instant dislike to some, yet are friendly on first meeting with other cats?

I'm thinking about Fudge here, her hatred of Jimmy has been well documented here, and to a lesser degree Bola, yet she's the opposite with Buddy, who being a full tom and still young enough to be a nuisance. She literally runs to greet him, and while I'm not complaining, it's far better this way, it baffles me confused

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Why do some cats.......... Empty Re: Why do some cats..........

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:26 am

Fudge does sound like more of a mysetry than other cats - and that is saying something. Weird aren't they ... but that is what provides some of the pleasure of being around them.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Joanne,

Yeah, Fudge is a enigma Laughing

She does try and say hello to Bola fro time to time, but he's so used to getting a paw swipe for coming too close to her he just backs away, yet he's the most social cat I've ever known. I think I've only ever once seen him show aggression towards another cat, even strangers on his *patch* get a warm welcome.

I almost feel sorry for Fudge, she's been very much a solitary cat since we lost her best mate, Black Tom, but she's great with Buddy, tho' he looks at her as if to say "what's she on"? when she runs up to say hello. He just doesn't want to know her.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:56 pm

I can understand you feeling sorry for Fudge because of her being lonesome. We tend to feel the same about Bonnie as she has never really been the same, or had a proper compagnon since we lost Joseph. She tolerates Malo, and often puts him in his place with a swipe or occasional ambush - because indoors is definitely her domaine. When she does venture out, she will come scurrying back in immediately she sees another cat. If a cat other than Malo ventures into the house, she becomes totally panicked. She is nevertheless, in the bigger picture, quite a happy little cat, and I am sure that Fudge is too.
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Joanne,

Fudge is a happy cat, it's just that when she wants company it's mine, and usually at the worst possible time, ie just when I need to get up for the loo, make a drink, and worse, just when I've gone to bed. For the latter she will insist on climbing all over me to get comfy, never mind letting me get comfy first Laughing

While Black Tom was alive, he and Fudge were nearly inseperable, wherever one was the other wouldn't be far away. Becketts arrival as a kitten put Fudges nose out of joint because BT took to him straight away and would put up with any amount of being tormented. He didn't *forget* Fudge, but she wasn't happy at sharing him with Beckett.

She asks for nothing beyond food, water, somewhere to sleep and a good chin rub when the mood takes her, tho' I've only got to touch her to set her off purring for England.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down