For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

+5
*Prince*
nicola
Jojolabanane
Teddy
Ian B
9 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:17 pm

Seemingly she was telling the truth about the dog-food curry Shocked Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 Empty Re: Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic)

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh that's disgusting. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 72767
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:59 pm

And a first for stripey just now Shocked Very Happy

I found him on the living room windowsill, but that wasn't it, neither was it that he didn't bolt thro' the flap when he saw me, the major surprise was that he started purring as I put food down for him in the kitchen Shocked

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:25 pm

haha he's making himself at home and happy to do so. Aaawww Laughing Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 579159
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:35 pm

If he's not someones cat now, he has been at some point and probably not that long ago. He's never been scared of me as such, just wary which is understandable, but I can now stroke him without his backing away all the time.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:47 am

Yip a little bit everyday and soon he'll be sleeping on your bed (runs away from the slipper being thrown) Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:01 am

Him running away when something is thrown perhaps Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:09 am

Oh know doubt that will happen. Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunkyboy Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Teddy wrote:Yip a little bit everyday and soon he'll be sleeping on your bed (runs away from the slipper being thrown) Laughing

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 43453 Oh yes, this is a given isnt it! Wink
Chunkyboy
Chunkyboy
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 614
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Chunkyboy wrote:
Teddy wrote:Yip a little bit everyday and soon he'll be sleeping on your bed (runs away from the slipper being thrown) Laughing

Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 43453 Oh yes, this is a given isnt it! Wink
I can't see it somehow, he's just too independant and possibly has other *homes* were he's made welcome. He did have a spell of sneaking in here and sleeping on a chair in the dining room last winter, tho' it didn't last long, but then again, he didn't get the friendly greeting then he gets now, so who knows? Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:04 pm

There you go Ian, he knows the welcome is friendly now, so ............................
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:31 pm

He's not getting by on the one (usually) meal a day he gets here, so he's either stealing or being fed elsewhere as well. My money is on the latter as he surely couldn't be stealing from the same house, or even houses, without being caught/stopped before now.

He'll be welcome to stay when the weather turns colder, but it's up to him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Hmmmm, I was too hasty in saying the wound on his shoulder had healed as it's reopened, and altho' it's not as big as before it looks worse now. There's a hole now, smaller than a 5p piece, but it looks really sore and his fur is matted where it's been weeping. He could do with a vet visit if only to get antibiotics imo.

That said, it's still not bothering him, besides having 3 meals here so far today, he even rolled over for a belly rub this afternoon before realising what he'd done and jumped back to his feet pretty smartish Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Oh you're breaking down his defences. Stripey Tail is *missing* (new pic) - Page 6 579159 I ahte to think of him in pain, they're so adapt at hiding pain. This may take months to heal properly with antibiotics, I just hope it doesn't become infected and it goes through him as then he could become really ill, poor thing.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Yeah, infection is a real risk now. If he had a home where he could just spend time sleeping it'd be a massive help as all this constant moving about isn't giving it time to heal properly. If I thought he'd let me I'd try and bathe it in salted water, but even tho' he'll sit there and be stroked now, that'd probably smart a bit and scare him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Tricky one, you could try with warm water, lot less of a shock to his system. But I really think if it's opened up again he needs antibiotics. But feral cats seem to heal (eventually) so maybe again with more time this will get better.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:52 am

I don't want to scare him with his now having gained enough confidence to call for regular meals, it's not much but will at least help keep his strength up.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:46 am

Definately will, without regular food he would be a much worse state.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 am

Totally agree that feeding him will help to keep his strength up, but also will avoid his need to catch his own food or wander far and wide in search of it, so doubley beneficial to his healing.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:46 am

I expected to have seen him before now today, but with it being so cold/frosty overnight he's probably reluctant to leave his warm bed, wherever that is.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:01 am

would love to know where else he goes to, where he gets other meals, mystery cat indeed.
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm

I've seen him on his travels the best part of a mile away from my house, and he looked as tho' he knew where he was going, so he may well have, or had, a home, some distance away.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:28 pm

He finally turned up today just as I was halfway thro' my lunch, and of course I put it down to feed him Embarassed

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Of course !!! Laughing
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 am

He called for supper late last night, and unless it was a trick of the light or my eyes deceiving me, the sore had 99% healed up again Shocked almost as tho' he'd been touched by a faith healer Laughing

'EDIT'

Hmmm, I think I may have been looking at the wrong shoulder Embarassed

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next