For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The guilty party...........

3 posters

Go down

The guilty party........... Empty The guilty party...........

Post by Ian B Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:14 pm

.............who's been spraying against a chair in the living room has been uncovered, not as I expected the cat from across the road, it's Max Shocked Twisted Evil

He strolled in a short while back, turned round and *reclaimed* his chair, but he didn't get away without having a pillow thrown at him (a direct hit) tho' I felt a bit sorry for Jimmy who had just wandered in and also got clobbered Embarassed

Needless to say, Max is giving me the evil eye from the bottom of the garden atm Laughing and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't come in for a few hours.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

The guilty party........... Empty Re: The guilty party...........

Post by *Prince* Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Naughty Max! *wags finger*. What is it with "your lot" and their spraying?!?!?!?!! We have been sooo lucky with Prince, he has never sprayed - of course that is in here, who knows where the hell else he might have eh! Shocked Embarassed
*Prince*
*Prince*
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 3971
Cat(s): : Prince
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 am

I'm pretty sure the spraying is down to the cat from across the road coming in so often, his scent is forcing Max to mark my house as *his* patch. I'm as sure as I can be this visitor is the cat who'd sprayed on the dining room curtains recently, he's most likely trying to make a claim about living here.

He won't get away with it, not least because both Max and Buddy hate him so much, but I won't let him get too comfortable here. That said, he was sat on my bedroom windowsill when I woke today Shocked so it looks like I'm going to have to be firmer in shoo-ing him out during the day. I don't mind giving him food as he's getting really thin lately, but it may well be best to feed him outside.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 am

Malo sprays despite having had his op - methinks the op came a bit late. However, he hasn't once sprayed in the house, so pretty pleased about that. We often see him touring the garden and spraying here there and everywhere and we think it is in a bid to tell Tubs that this is off limits. The car often gets a good spraying too. Car not in our good books as it is playing up and at the garage at the mo getting fixed - so I guess it got what it deserved, or maybe it was the car getting its revenge!!
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 am

Hi Joanne,

Barring Max, who isn't *officially* mine, I've had no issues with any of my lot spraying in the house over the years, it seems to be restricted to my regular visitors. The one I am surprised about is Buddy, he's still a full tom and while he looks scruffy, is the cleanest/most non destructive of cats, he doesn't use a tray and the only scratching he does is on the cat tree scratchpost.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am

My mum used to have a visitor that sprayed in her house, while her own cat never did, so thye decided to do the one-way thing with the catflap. This would allow their own cat to go out but no-one could get in. After a very short time indeed, she noticed that her cat was going out, but getting back in again and then she discovered that he had taught himself to lift the flap from outside and get in that way. In the meantime, the spraying visitor was not as clever and so was kept at bay.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:46 am

Hi Joanne,

None of my lot, not even the very clever Black Tom, have ever worked out how to open the flap from outside yet, tho' before I got the flap, BT figured out that if he jumped up and swung on the back door handle then hung on long enough, it would open. I used to love watching him let himself in, tho' he never mastered, or showed much interest in doing so, shutting the door behind him.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Our Joseph - the wise and very missed one - also learnt to hang on to the door handle - but not quite long enough for it to open. Hearing the handle released suddenly and flick back up always alerted us that he was on the other side and wanting to come in though. It was Joseph's brother that learnt to open the flap from outside and he is the only cat I have ever known to learn that trick.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down