For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I feel guilty - probably

2 posters

Go down

Should I feel guilty - probably Empty Should I feel guilty - probably

Post by Jojolabanane Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 pm

When I went out at 10.30 last night to take a reading of the gas meter (long story) there was a beautiful, but unfamiliar cat at my doorstep. A caramel tabby colour, he immediately set about showing his affection - headbutts and rolling over for tummy rubs, but all in aid of gaining access to our house. Now I couldn't let him in. Not fair on our two and would have ended in a bitter war with Malo and anyway, he looked cared for and well healthy so must have a home somewhere. I felt guilty about leaving him out in the bitter cold. I hope he did have a home to go to, or that he found somewhere more welcoming than me. Oh I do still feel very bad about it. No

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Should I feel guilty - probably Empty Re: Should I feel guilty - probably

Post by Ian B Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:29 pm

You did the right thing Joanne, tho' with my record I'm the last person who should be offering advice Embarassed I let my fluffy visitor come and go today, it's called for a bite to eat and a wander round downstairs but went back out by itself each time.

Like you and your visitor, I felt sorry for it being out in the cold, but it seemed happy enough to go back out and Stripey, the cat from across the road and the mystery kitten (I suspect these two are from the same house) have been having a ball chasing each other round my garden most of the day, so the cold didn't bother them too much.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:34 am

I've just found said fluffy cat sat in my living room, at this time of day it could have just been let out at home or had been out all night, tho' the way it's tucking into the brekkie my lot left the latter is looking more likely. Either way, I'll let it finish eating before showing it the door, tho' it may go out by itself again once it's got a full belly.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojolabanane Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 am

I think I am concerned because this new cat was showing exactly the same behaviour as Tubs did when he arrived on the scene. Tubs suddenly appeared in the neighbourhood one day and was expressing the most affection he possibly could in order to gain access to a home - and this was in summer when the cold wasn't a problem. I once again refused to let him in, knowing that Malo would probably go for him. Our next but one neighbour did let it in and fed it and proceeded to investigate where Tubs was from (no collar so he put posters around). He found out that Tubs' 'owner' had gone South to have a baby and left the cat to fend for itself. When he contacted said 'owner' she said she wouldn't want the cat back with a baby in the house so my nextdoor but one neighbour took him in and gave him his name and the scraps with Malo have since become legendary. Anyway, I do hope that this new cat isn't being persistent for the same sort of reason. I haven't seen him since, so maybe he has gone home, or found a home.

Joanne
Jojolabanane
Jojolabanane
Champion Cat!
Champion Cat!

Number of posts : 604
Cat(s): : Bonnie and Malo
Registration date : 2010-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content