For The Love of Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domino has left us.

4 posters

Go down

Domino has left us. Empty Domino has left us.

Post by Gilly Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Finding it so hard to type this as my beautiful priceless baby has left for Rainbow Bridge Crying or Very sad

Got up on Sunday morning at 4.50am and there she was, asleep in her bed but as soon as I looked at her I just knew pale Immediately rang Neil and sobbed my heart out over the phone. It looks like she just drifted away as there was no signs of any struggling so I suppose THAT is some sort of consolation Crying or Very sad
I buried her in the same place we took Suzi with her catnip mouse between her paws.
I'm still absolutely devastated three days later and cannot stop crying Embarassed I'm going to pop along to see Linda tomorrow on my day off though - the house is HORRIBLE without a cat!!!!!! No I'm sure she'll have some other oldie needing to be spoilt rotten Embarassed

Domino certainly was a little old lady with one helluva lot of character. Wonder how ANY cat could follow that? I was looking in my diary earlier to work out how long she'd been with us as it felt like quite a while.....it was exactly 100 days!!! Seems so brief but felt a LOT longer Domino has left us. 9650

She had SUCH a hard life with us! Cool
Domino has left us. 006-1

Domino has left us. PussCat278

Domino has left us. PussCat258

RIP Domino ~ run free at Rainbow Bridge my darling beautiful princess :rainbowhgs:
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2024
Cat(s): : Thomas, Misty & Tiger Lily
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Domino has left us. Empty Re: Domino has left us.

Post by Teddy Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm gutted Gilly, seem so unfair. So sorry. Crying or Very sad
Teddy
Teddy
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 10805
Cat(s): : Moto & Sophie
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Teddy wrote:I'm gutted Gilly, seem so unfair. So sorry. Crying or Very sad
+1

But if they've got to go, what better way than in their sleep with no signs of illness. One things for certain Gilly, she wouldn't have had 100 days anywhere else.

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Yes, couldn't agree more Ian - we fought tooth and nail to MAKE her want to live when she first came to us - handfeeding her, cooking tempting meals, sleeping on the sofa just so we could keep an eye (and ear!) out for her in the early days. She was SUCH a personality once she did turn that corner and start to thrive. Just a shame she left us so soon as I honestly thought she'd be with us another year or two at least as she was SO fit and healthy Very Happy Even on Saturday she was jumping up onto the desk to get onto the sunny windowsill and up onto the settee to try to pinch OUR food Laughing
And even when we found out she was deaf (and not just ignoring us! Wink ) and slightly incontinent so you always had to have a towel on your lap or you'd end up with a damp patch it just made us love her even more Cool
She was always THE tidiest little lady in her littertray too but rather bizarrely, after Suzi died, she started to kick litter all over the place (as Suzi had always done!!!) - it drove us nuts but hey, she was an old girl and entitled to her little quirks Domino has left us. 43453
I miss her like crazy - far more than any other cat I've ever known if truth be told (tho' my darling boy Merlin comes close!) - and for the first couple of days I really DID feel like quitting and not having another cat ever again Embarassed But Neil needs his cats and thankfully I soon began to see sense and when I came home from Slimming World on Monday night it just hit me how silent and still the house was without a cat pale No Domino has left us. 975384 It was HORRIBLE!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
So tomorrow morning we'll ring Linda and see if she's got any oldies in need of a bit of TLC......hopefully I'll have my boy this time as we've had nothing but feisty females this past year! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ian B Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:13 am

Good luck finding the next deserving rescue case Gilly, hopefully you won't have to wait long.

I couldn't imagine life without a cat in the house, my lot regularly drive me mad but I know I'd go mad without them Laughing

Ian
Ian B
Ian B
Diamond Elite Cat
Diamond Elite Cat

Number of posts : 9110
Cat(s): : Fudge, Bola, Buddy, Max........and several guests

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Well.....we're in a bit of a dilemma......Neil has seen two 11yo girls at PARRT who need to be rehomed together

http://www.parrt.co.uk/2011/04/09/misty-and-smokey/

And I have seen two slightly younger, 6yo, cats needing a home who look gorgeous and I've had an email back from their owner. Black boy, soft as clarts, and his tortie & white sister Very Happy Their owner has had to move down south and they are currently staying with a friend.

Domino has left us. 2cats

Hi Gill,
Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. The cats were supposed to have gone to a new home this week but the lady pulled out lady minute due to personal reasons.
With your experience and obvious love for cats I would love for you to meet them and start this process. I am already down south but you can contact XXX on *********** to arrange a meeting as they are both with him until they find a new home.
A bit more about them.
She is the Tortie and her name is Chewwie and she is a little aloof and not so fussed about bring carried about bug once she is settled you will see a very affectionate side. She will come see you st bed time and wants cuddles and purrs so so so loudly! She is allergic to fleas, so has to be kept clear of them but that is straight forward.
He is the black and white and his name is Han. He is affectionate and loves to sit with you, on you, around you most of the time. A lap cat. He will follow you about and is quite vocal about food.
Both are outdoors and free feeders. They have biscuits available all the time and get wet food a few times a day.
He seems to eat until he is sick if he is allowed to go hungry, no reason for it, he just does.
Both are due their vaccinations about now but other than that are in good health.
Anything you need to know, please shout
Danni *********
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by littlekitty Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 pm

So sorry to hear about Domino. Even though you had her for a short while, she was loved and cared for and felt wanted. You gave her that chance to be happy again.
As for the other kitties I would take them all,lol, but that's only a decision you and Neil can make and decide which cats need you the most.
littlekitty
littlekitty
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Number of posts : 2788
Cat(s): : Buddy and Mary

http://www.cats2crafts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilly Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Well.....soft touches that we both are.....we are now Proud Parents of two more oldies Laughing

I'll do them a seperate thread Cool
Gilly
Gilly
Cat-mad!
Cat-mad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down